With only six ingredients, these Strawberry Whipped Keto Pops are the perfect frozen dessert treat for sticking to your keto diet plan, and for indulging in something deliciously sweet, but without all of those pesky carbs!
Here at my house, we're trying hard to lose weight by sticking to our new keto lifestyle eating plan.
If you're unfamiliar with the keto diet plan, it's basically avoiding unhealthy carbohydrates and incorporating healthy fats into your daily eating, which is why I developed this keto frozen dessert recipe.
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- More about following a keto diet plan:
- My experience with eating a keto diet plan:
- Want more Keto and low-carb recipes:
- How to make strawberry keto popsicles:
- Why add lime to the recipe? Can I leave it out?
- Can I make this recipe if I don't have a stand mixer?
- Additional Strawberry Recipes:
- Find out more about a keto-diet plan
- Printable Recipe Card
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- heavy cream
- fresh strawberries
- protein powder (optional)
- pure almond extract
- Swerve sweetener (confectioners)
- fresh lime juice
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Frozen Pop Mold
- Large Bowl
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Paring Knife
- Cutting Board
- Spatula or Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
More about following a keto diet plan:
While it may seem counterintuitive to indulge in dishes made with heavy whipping cream, bacon, cheese, avocados, and eggs, after researching the keto eating plan you'll find that these are the foods that feed the brain and encourage fat loss in the human body.
Contrary to what we were taught in the past, fat (good fats) doesn't cause body fat. Sugar does.
If you're interested in learning more about the keto eating plan, there is a wealth of information on the internet.
Naturally, you'll read good things, and not so good things about the keto eating plan, but that's basically true about anything and everything under the sun.
You can learn much more about the keto diet lifestyle by checking out articles at Keto Watt.
My experience with eating a keto diet plan:
What I do know is that we've been having success with the plan after the first month, and hardly ever feel hungry.
In addition, I've basically never once craved high starch foods like potatoes or bread since starting. I call that success right there!
Want more Keto and low-carb recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"This original Kudos Kitchen recipe for Speedy Keto Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is my fast and speedy riff on a traditional chicken Parmesan…with a twist!"
- Keto Guacamole with Pork Rind Dippers (from yours truly)
- Keto-Friendly Chicken Cheesy Pesto Chicken from Everyday Keto
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower with Peas (from yours truly)
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken from Moore or Less Cooking
- Bacon-Wrapped Broccoli Stalk Appetizers (from yours truly)
- Creamed Spinach Low-Carb Casserole (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"This Keto Creamed Spinach Casserole is a super easy low-carb side dish that is a perfect accompaniment to any main course entree. Or it can be the main course itself if you’re living a vegetarian lifestyle."
- Homemade Garlic Ghee (from yours truly)
- Keto Burgers on Portobello Buns from Plating Pixels
- French Onion Pork Chops (from yours truly)
- Frozen Toasted Almond Whipped Cream Bars (from yours truly)
- Keto Cauliflower Rice with Parsley and Feta from Low Carb Delish
- Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Compote from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
How to make strawberry keto popsicles:
- Roughly chop approximately ½ pint of fresh strawberries.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form and then add the protein powder (optional) and swerve sweetener.
- Fold the almond extract, chopped strawberries and a drop or two of red gel food color (optional) into the whipped cream mixture.
- Add fresh lime juice to the strawberry whip and spoon the mixture into the pop maker.
- Freeze the pops for 60 minutes then add the sticks to the pops.
- Freeze until fully frozen.
- To remove the pops from the form, run the individual plastic pop under running hot water or dip into a bowl of hot water.
- Gently pull the stick to release the strawberry cream popsicle from the form, and enjoy!!
Why add lime to the recipe? Can I leave it out?
- You can leave it out, but I wouldn't suggest it!
- Because of the high-fat content of these strawberry whipped cream pops, the added lime juice cuts through that heaviness and gives brightness and lightness to these pop that really makes them, well, POP with flavor!
Can I make this recipe if I don't have a stand mixer?
- A stand mixer will make it easier to whip the heavy cream, but it's not necessary.
- A good hand mixer or some good old-fashioned hand-whipping will also work. It will only take a little longer.
- For any of these methods, start with a bowl and beaters that have been well chilled for optimal whipping.
Additional Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Almonds
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread Pudding
- Low Sugar Mixed Berry Sorbet (pictured below)
"A delicious combination of Mother Nature’s finest summer berries are pureed and then frozen, into this luscious and healthy low sugar Mixed Berry Sorbet."
Find out more about a keto-diet plan
As promised earlier, below are a few keto diet information links. I am in no way advocating this diet plan for you, or your family. It's something that my husband and I feel confident in, and are seeing results.
Please do your own research and make up your own mind as to whether this eating plan is right for you.
When you make this recipe (and I hope that you will), I'd appreciate it if you'd take the time to come back and give it a star rating along with a comment on why you rated as you did. Google appreciates ratings on recipes and, in turn, will show my recipes to more people. Thank you!!
Printable Recipe Card
Frozen Strawberry Keto Pops
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries , frozen and thawed works also
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons protein powder , optional
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons swerve sweetener confectioners' sugar for non keto.
- 3 drops red gel food color , optional
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries, lime juice, protein powder, almond extract, and swerve sweetener. Add the gel food color (optional) and stir to combine.
- Spoon the strawberry whip into pop molds. Freeze for 1 hour. Insert a popsicle stick, return to freezer and freeze until firm.
I hope you've enjoyed today's frozen keto dessert recipe using heavy cream as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you will come back and visit me often. Please know that there is always room for you around my kitchen table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen on my site, please don't hesitate to reach out to contact me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with you just as soon as I possibly can!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!