If you’re following a low-carb or keto diet plan (or even if you’re not), these Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Stems are completely addicting! And by adding the creamy smoked paprika horseradish dipping sauce, you’re taking your snacking to a whole other level!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Stalks is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the printable recipe card.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- vegetable peeler
- baking sheet
- aluminum foil (optional)
- cooking spray (optional)
- medium bowl
How this easy low-carb appetizer recipe came to be:
The idea for these Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Stems came to me one night as I was preparing broccoli for dinner. I’m not normally a broccoli stem eater, but disposing of them is awfully wasteful. That’s when my lightbulb moment hit!
Don’t be wasteful!
The next time you’re preparing broccoli florets, don’t forget to save your broccoli stalks to make this recipe. You can store the broccoli stalks in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
OR, perhaps the next time you’re preparing Bacon Wrapped Broccoli stems, you can save the broccoli florets in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
As long as you make this recipe it doesn’t really matter in which order you accumulate your broccoli stalks. Just as long as you do.
The easy instructions:
- Remove the florets from the stalks (reserve them for another use)
- Remove approximately 2″ from the base of the stalks and discard
- Carefully shave off some of the outer skin of the stalk (a vegetable peeler may be used for this)
- Slice the shaved stalks into batons, approximately 3″ – 4″ in length
- Wrap each stalk with a 3″ piece of bacon and place on a prepared baking sheet
- Sprinkle each Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Stalk with salt and pepper and bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with chilled Smoked Paprika Horseradish Dipping Sauce.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.
How to make the creamy horseradish dipping sauce:
- Mix the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This sauce is COMPLETELY AMAZING and tastes simply incredible on burgers, sausages, pork, and even chicken! You’re welcome!!
Hungry for more bacon recipes?
*Sweet and Smoky Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts (pictured below)
This easy dinner recipe for Smoky-Sweet Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast will soon become a family favorite. One bite, and you’ll understand why.
*Hot Bacon Spinach Dip from Finding Zest
*Green Bean and Bacon Au gratin from Cheese Curd In Paradise
*Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg (pictured below)
Avocado toast gets an upgrade with the addition of bacon, egg, and hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg is the perfect sandwich for any time of day!
*Bacon and Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes from The Toasty Kitchen
*Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts from Miss in the Kitchen
*Tomato Bacon Pasta with Mascarpone (pictured below)
Creamy Tomato Bacon Pasta are tiny pasta shapes in a smooth, creamy mascarpone sauce with a hint of bacon. It’s a wonderfully easy, comforting, and delicious dish.
*Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Stem Appetizers (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s easy bacon-wrapped appetizer.
Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Stalks with Creamy Smoked Paprika Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 18 4 " pieces broccoli stalks , cut and trimmed
- 18 3 " pieces bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wrap the prepared broccoli stalks with bacon and place them on a baking sheet with the ends down to avoid unraveling while baking.
- Sprinkle the bacon wrapped broccoli stalks with salt and pepper.
- Bake the bacon wrapped broccoli stalks in a preheated oven for approximately 17-20 minutes, or to your desired bacon doneness.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise, smoked paprika, and horseradish. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve the bacon wrapped broccoli stalks hot or warm with the chilled smoky paprika horseradish dipping sauce.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s easy bacon-wrapped and low carb appetizer recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!