This original recipe for Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobellos is my fast and speedy riff on a traditional chicken Parmesan…with a twist!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobellos is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” text (found below) to be taken directly to the printable recipe card.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can diced, fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- minced garlic
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- cream cheese
- sliced provolone cheese
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- cutting board
- chef’s knife or paring knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- can opener
- kitchen timer
- baking sheet
- parchment paper (optional)
How this recipe came to be:
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…sometimes my best recipe ideas come from wandering aimlessly around the grocery store with nothing specific in mind. Until, WHAM!
And so it is with this fast, tasty, and easy dinner recipe for stuffed portobellos.
Low carb and delicious!!
If you love mushrooms and are eating a low-carb and/or a keto diet plan (or even if you’re not), you’re going to love this super quick and delicious dish!
Not doing keto? No problem!!
Even though I came up with this recipe because we’ve been trying hard to follow the keto eating plan here are our house, this is by no means strictly for keto eaters.
It is for anyone who loves good food, especially those of you who love good food that can be made in a hurry!
However, if you ARE trying to follow a keto/low carb eating plan, here are a few sites from around the web that I think you’ll enjoy:
Why is this recipe so speedy?
Because I’ve used store-bought rotisserie chicken so dinner will be on the table in less than 30 minutes! YAY!
Can these be frozen after baking:
Honestly, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Once thawed, the mushroom caps will get soggy and watery. Not at all appetizing.
However, you can make the chicken filling in advance and store it in the freezer (in an air-tight container), if needed, for up to two months.
How long will chicken Parmesan stuffed portobellos keep in the fridge?
Store them in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
To reheat, pop them in a preheated 350-degree F oven (uncovered) until hot (approximately 10 minutes).
The step-by-step photo instructions for making chicken Parmesan stuffed portobellos:
- Remove and shred approximately 2 cups of chicken from the rotisserie chicken (reserve the remaining chicken for another use) and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the drained can of fire-roasted tomatoes to the chicken.
- Add the basil, oregano, garlic, shredded Parmesan, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to the chicken.
- Stir well to combine.
- Use a spoon to gently clean out the gills and stem from the portabello mushrooms.
- Add two slices of provolone cheese to each mushroom and top each with 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
- Top each with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Additional recipes using rotisserie chicken:
*Orange Cashew Chicken Salad (shown below and in the featured video)
Orange Cashew Chicken Salad uses rotisserie chicken, roasted cashews, and pecans, along with a touch of orange zest and juice. It’s simply the best chicken salad, ever!
*Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Calzones (not shown)
All you need is one hand to hold and eat one of these delicious Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Calzones. However, you’ll need both hands to give the round of applause you’ll be happy to give after you had your first bite.
*Simple and Speedy Chicken Pot Potatoes (shown below)
What do you get when you combine a baked potato with all the comfort and goodness of a chicken pot pie, but without all the work? Chicken Pot Pie Potatoes, that’s what!
*Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Pepperoni Soup (not shown)
When it comes to a hearty and delicious soup that’s prepared in only a matter of minutes, Italian Pepperoni Soup will soon be on the very top of your favorites list.
*Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobellos
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps, cleaned with paper towels, gills and stems removed
- 6 sliced provolone cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, I like kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, drained tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Place the cleaned mushrooms onto a baking sheet.Place two slices of provolone in the bottom of each cleaned mushroom.
- Divide the chicken mixture into thirds and mound each mushroom cap with 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
Top each chicken Parmesan mushroom with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the chicken parmesan stuffed portobello mushrooms for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is perfectly melted and the chicken mixture is heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this fast and easy stuffed mushroom recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!