This original recipe for Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobellos is my fast and speedy riff on a traditional chicken Parmesan…with a twist!
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…sometimes my best recipe ideas come from wandering aimlessly around the grocery store with nothing specific in mind. Until, WHAM!
And so it is with this fast, tasty, and easy dinner recipe for stuffed portobellos. If you love mushrooms and are eating a keto diet plan (or even if you’re not), you’re going to love this super quick and delicious dish!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobellos is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” text (found below) to be taken directly to the printable recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Why is this recipe so speedy?
Because I’ve used store-bought rotisserie chicken so dinner will be on the table in less than 30 minutes! YAY!
The ingredient list:
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- minced garlic
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- cream cheese
- sliced provolone cheese
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps
- salt and pepper
How to make chicken Parmesan stuffed portobellos:
- Remove and shred approximately 2 cups of chicken from the rotisserie chicken (reserve the remaining chicken for another use) and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the drained can of fire-roasted tomatoes to the chicken.
- Add the basil, oregano, garlic, shredded Parmesan, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to the chicken.
- Stir well to combine.
- Use a spoon to gently clean out the gills and stem from the portabello mushrooms.
- Add two slices of provolone cheese to each mushroom and top each with 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
- Top each with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
More recipes using rotisserie chicken:
- Simple and Speedy Chicken Pot Potatoes
- Orange Cashew Chicken Salad
- Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Calzones
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Pepperoni Soup
Not doing keto? No problem!!
Even though I came up with this recipe because we’ve been trying hard to follow the keto eating plan here are our house, this is by no means strictly for keto eaters.
It is for anyone who loves good food, especially those of you who love good food that can be made in a hurry!
However, if you ARE trying to follow a keto/low carb eating plan, here are a few sites from around the web that I think you’ll enjoy;
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps, cleaned with paper towels, gills and stems removed
- 6 sliced provolone cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, I like kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, drained tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Place the cleaned mushrooms onto a baking sheet.Place two slices of provolone in the bottom of each cleaned mushroom.
- Divide the chicken mixture into thirds and mound each mushroom cap with 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
Top each chicken Parmesan mushroom with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the chicken parmesan stuffed portobello mushrooms for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is perfectly melted and the chicken mixture is heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this fast and easy stuffed mushroom recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!