This easy and delicious Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars recipe will bring back fond memories of childhood, and ice cream trucks.
And, if that’s not enough and you’re watching your sugar and carb intake, it’s keto-friendly, too! Oh, happy day!!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Copycat Keto-Friendly Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- blanched almonds
- heavy whipping cream
- Swerve, all-natural sweetener
- fresh lime juice
- pure almond extract
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- large mixing bowl
- ice cream bar molds
- Popsicle sticks
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- food processor
- measuring cups and spoons
- small bowls
Why this recipe works:
As soon as those the familiar bells from the ice cream truck started ringing, it was like time stood still, and all was right with the world.
At least that’s what it seemed like when I was a kid, and I was eating my beloved toasted almond ice cream bars.
Today’s easy ice cream bar recipe brings back all those same feelings and emotions, but as an adult who’s trying to watch my carbohydrate intake, there is zero percent guilt!
What if I don’t like almonds? Can I substitute another type of nut?
By all means. Toasted pecans would be delicious, as would toasted macadamia nuts, or just about any other type of nuts that are your favorites. Just make sure to swap out the almond extract for pure vanilla extract and you’ll be all set.
How long do these ice cream bars take to freeze?
That all depends on the type of ice cream bar molds you’re using, and how thick they are. I’ll leave the affiliate link below for the silicone molds I used. That said, I would say a good 4 to 6 hours would be sufficient no matter what type of mold you use. Just make sure to test them for firmness before you try to remove them from the molds.
Can I make these bars with another type of homemade ice cream, or does it have to be keto-friendly ice cream?
If you have a favorite homemade vanilla ice cream that you love, you can definitely use it. It does not have to be keto-friendly. However, if you want the full toasted almond ice cream bar experience (i.e. the copycat flavor), please make sure to use pure almond extract as the flavoring.
Can I use store-bought vanilla ice cream to make these keto-friendly toasted almond ice cream bars?
You can, but then they won’t be keto-friendly. That said, if you’d like to make these ice cream bars with store-bought ice cream all you need to do is soften some vanilla ice cream so it’s pliable.
Stir in some almond extract and proceed with the recipe (shown in the video below) to the point of filling the molds with the toasted almonds and ice cream. Once made, refreeze until firm and you’re good to go!
Additional homemade ice cream recipes (keto and otherwise):
- No-Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream (pictured below)
No-Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream is a favorite for people who love bananas, toasted walnuts, caramel, and vanilla wafers. It’s utterly delicious!!
- Frozen Strawberry Whipped Keto Pops (pictured below)
With only six ingredients, these Strawberry Whipped Keto Pops are the perfect frozen dessert treat for sticking to your keto diet plan, and for indulging in something deliciously sweet, but without all of those pesky carbs!
- Copycat Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bar (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s easy frozen dessert of toasted almond ice cream bars.
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup swerve, all natural sweetener
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ cups ground almonds
- Toast the ground almonds lightly in a dry skillet, stirring constantly so they don't burn. This will take approximately 5 minutes over medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream and swerve sweetener until light and fluffy but not stiff.
- Stir in the almond extract and fresh lime juice.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of the cooled, toasted almonds in the bottom of the ice cream mold. Fill the molds with the whipped cream mixture, and top again with a layer of toasted ground almonds.
- Freeze the ice cream bars until firm. Remove from the silicone molds, add sticks, and enjoy!
Tools and equipment;
large bowl, hand mixer, measuring spoons, measuring cups, food processor (optional for grinding nuts), silicone molds, popsicle sticks, skillet (for toasting nuts), wooden spoon, baking sheet (for placing molds in the freezer).
Serving Size1 bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 54mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gProtein 4g
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for these delicious copycat Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing them to you.
For more delicious sweets and treats, please check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from today’s bloggers!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn S’mores Ice Cream Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Happylicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Parfait from Desserts Required
- Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Coconut Lime Pound Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Old Fashioned Cocktail Upside Down Cake from Forking Up
- No Bake Lemonade Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart from Eat Move Make
- Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Grocery Store Iced Oatmeal Cookies from The Beard and The Baker
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
- Cream Cheese Pastry with Almond Filling from Shockingly Delicious
- S’mores Pizza from Daily Dish Recipes
- S’mores Cookie Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!