Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote is keto-friendly, gluten-free, sugar-free, and low-carb. It’s simply delicious! Just ask my husband! 🙂
This Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote recipe won a full two thumbs up from my husband. He said it tasted like “real cake.” Now there’s a compliment for you! LOL!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote is available near the end of this post.
Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote is a tender and flavorful cake which you can prepare in a matter of minutes. While the cake is baking in the oven, the three-ingredient blueberry orange compote can gently simmer and thicken on the stovetop.
This really is a simple recipe to make. Even if you’re new to baking, I promise you’ll be delighted with the results.
Also, you don’t need to be living a keto, sugar-free, gluten-free lifestyle to enjoy this cake. As long as you enjoy tasty food, this recipe is a must to add to your baking repertoire. Please trust me on that!!
The ingredient list to make Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote is as follows;
**Disclosure – As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s get baking! Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote will be ready for the oven in no time!
- In a saucepan over medium/low heat, simmer the blueberries, sugar, and orange zest until the mixture becomes thick and syrupy. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter, fresh orange juice, eggs, almond extract, and heavy cream.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, sugar replacement, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Evenly add the batter to a prepared 9″ round cake pan that has been sprayed with baking spray. Bake the almond cake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool 30 minutes on a wire rack and then carefully turn it out onto a serving plate. Allow the cake to cool completely. Spoon the fresh blueberry orange compote evenly over the top of the cake and garnish with additional fresh orange juice, if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve. Store any uneaten cake in the refrigerator for up to three days. Enjoy!
For other delicious blueberry and fruit dessert recipes I’ve shared in the past (not necessarily sugar-free or keto), please click on the following titles for;
- Luscious No-Churn Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream
- Old-Fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb Bundt Cake
- Frozen Strawberry Whipped Keto Pops
- One Bowl Strawberry Banana Bread with Almonds
I did my best to produce the following fun and fast-paced video of the making of Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote. I hope you’ll find it entertaining and helpful. If you enjoy this video, please don’t forget to subscribe to my Kudos Kitchen channel on YouTube. Thanks so much!!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, and are anxious to give it a try, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post, OR in the recipe card feature itself. 🙂
Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote is keto friendly, gluten-free, sugar-free, and low carb. It's simply delicious!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoons fresh orange zest
- ¼ cup Swerve sugar substitute or your favorite brand of erythritol sweetener
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup Swerve sugar substitute, or your favorite brand
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup melted butter, I use salted
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Prepare a 9" round cake pan by spraying it liberally with baking spray or coconut spray. Set aside.
Add the blueberries, sugar substitute and orange zest in a medium saucepan. Simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes (stirring occasionally) until the sauce thickens and becomes syrupy. Remove from heat and cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan powder, cornstarch, sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, orange juice, melted butter, and almond extract.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine thoroughly.
Spoon the batter in an even layer in the prepared cake pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Carefully turn the cake out of the pan and onto a serving plate. Cool completely.
Spoon and spread the cooled blueberry orange compote over the cooled cake and garnish with additional orange zest, if desired.
Chill before serving, or serve at room temperature.
Chill until ready to serve. Store any uneaten cake, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Tools and equipment;
9" round cake pan, baking spray or coconut spray, large bowl, medium bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, microplane, whisk, wooden spoon or spatula, medium saucepan, cooling rack or trivet, serving plate.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Golden Almond Cake with Fresh Blueberry Orange Compote as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
*Note – The post above includes affiliate links. When I find a great product or service, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn commission for my recommendations. As always, I thank you for your support!