Garlic Lovers Pork Chops have a mildly sweet and fragrant garlic flavor that doesn't overpower or overwhelm the taste buds. Trust me when I tell you that they will be some of the best pork chops you've ever eaten!
This easy dinner recipe was completely inspired by a trip I'd taken to our local warehouse superstore.
During that trip, and on a whim, I picked up one of those mega-sized bags of whole, peeled garlic cloves and tossed it into my cart.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Boneless Pork Chops
- Light-Colored Oil (I used grapeseed)
- Whole Garlic Cloves, lots
- White Wine
- Heavy Cream
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Tarragon
- Salt and Pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Large Skillet with a Lid (or aluminum foil)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Fresh Herb Keeper (optional)
- Large Serving Spoon
- Serving Platter
How this easy family dinner came to be?
While I wasn't quite sure what I would do with so many peeled garlic cloves (there must have been at least 500 or more cloves of garlic in that bag), my mind was excitedly thinking of all the delicious possibilities!
On our way home from that shopping trip to Costco, I Googled the recipe: "Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic," and since I wasn't the one driving, it was perfectly safe for me to do so. (Safety first, kids!) 😉
Since I'd only heard of chicken with 40 cloves of garlic but never made it I decided to put my own spin to it and swap out the chicken for pork chops (since I'd also purchased some great looking pork chops on that same shopping trip).
The result was this easy dinner recipe for Garlic Lovers Pork Chops, and they're far more delicious than I could have ever anticipated.
Why so much garlic? Won't it be too strong?
FEAR NOT: If you're not a fan of garlic because you think it has a bitter and overpowering flavor and smell, I hope you won't be scared off from making this incredible and easy pork chop supper.
Even though there is a ton of garlic in this recipe, the fact that it is sauteed until golden and then simmers in the wine sauce for 20 minutes transforms the flavor and texture of the garlic to a buttery creaminess, with a mild flavor that will forever change your thoughts on garlic.
How long will it take to make this easy pork chop dinner from start to finish?
Approximately 30 minutes.
Can garlic lovers pork chops be made in advance?
I suppose so, yes. But since it only takes 30 minutes to make, there really is no need.
Can this pork chop recipe be frozen after making?
Once the chops are fully prepared, cool them completely before storing them in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Can other fresh herbs be swapped for the tarragon and thyme?
I think rosemary would be a lovely swap-out, and even dill, (but probably not those two herbs together).
Parsley is always a good bet, as well as sage, and chives.
What if I don't want to use alcohol in this dish?
Beef or chicken stock is always a good replacement.
If swapping the alcohol, I suggest adding 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to the sauce right before serving to cut through some of the richness and balance out the flavors.
How to make garlic lovers pork chops:
- In a large skillet brown the seasoned chops in the oil on both sides.
- Remove the chops to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the garlic cloves to the pan and sauté the garlic over medium heat, stirring often (about 5 minutes).
- Add the white wine and vermouth to the skillet along with the fresh herbs.
- Add the browned pork chops back into the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over medium/low heat.
- Remove the chops and the herbs from the skillet.
- Add the butter and heavy cream to the skillet and return the chops back to the pan.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Plate the chops and spoon the garlic and sauce over top.
- Garnish with additional fresh tarragon and thyme.
- Serve and enjoy!
Additional easy dinner recipes:
- French Onion Pork Chops (pictured below) by (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"All the flavors you love in a traditional French onion soup are captured in this recipe for boneless French Onion Pork Chops. Plus, they’re low carb and delicious!"
- Speedy Weeknight Dinners Recipe Roundup (pictured below) from all your favorite food bloggers from around the web.
"Do you get bored making the same weeknight dinners night after night because they’re quick, and they’re what you’re used to? Why not break out of that recipe rut and say yes to something new, fast and delicious?"
- Blueberry BBQ Sauce Chicken (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"Skillet Blueberry BBQ Sauce Chicken is beautifully browned chicken breast which simmers to a tender finish in an easy to make zippy blueberry-chile BBQ sauce."
- Chicken and Leek Soup with Kale (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"Sit down to a big bowl of chicken and leek soup with kale and noodles to cure whatever ails you. It’s comfort food for the body and soul!"
- Garlic Lovers Pork Chops (pictured below) This is the place!
Additional recipes for garlic lovers:
If you're a garlic lover then you MUST try this Garlic Lover's Pizza! The crust is super simple to make and is the perfect thickness to hold all the garlicy, cheesy goodness this pizza possesses!
With only a few ingredients, this amazing Roasted Garlic Dip comes together in a flash and is ready to serve in minutes.
Some call it liquid gold, but I think Homemade Garlic Ghee is more like liquid sunshine. It makes me so happy and takes only minutes to make! Fill me up buttercup!
Roasted Garlic Compound Butter with Herbs takes only minutes to make and will liven up any savory dish with big, bold flavor! Make some today and keep it handy for everyday cooking, and also for special occasions!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Garlic Lovers Pork Chops
- 5 boneless pork chops 1½" thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 40-50 cloves garlic whole and peeled
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup sweet vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme plus additional for garnish
- 3-4 sprigs fresh tarragon plus additional for garnish
- Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove the browned chops to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and stir frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and sweet vermouth to the garlic in the pan along with the fresh herbs.
- Stir and add the browned chops back into the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chops to a plate and also remove the cooked herbs. Discard the herbs.
- Add the butter and heavy cream to the pan and stir well.
- Add the chops back to the pan, cover and simmer on low for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, add the chops to a plate, spoon the garlic and sauce over the chops and garnish with additional fresh herbs.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy dinner recipe for Garlic Lovers Pork Chops as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!