If you're a garlic addict, like me, then you simply MUST make this Roasted Garlic Dip! With only a few ingredients, this amazing dip comes together in a flash and is ready to serve in minutes.
Hi, my name is Reneé, and I'm a garlicoholic! But I swear, I have it under control.
As long as can have garlic at least 5-6 times a week my addiction stays in check, and I'm not a danger to myself or anyone else, unless, of course, I breathe on you! LOL
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Roasted Garlic Dip is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
This recipe was originally shared in 2014. This post has been updated with additional information, including a recipe card, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
Kitchen tools and equipment:
- aluminum foil
- baking sheet
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- large bowl
- measuring spoons
- serving bowl
- plastic wrap (for chilling)
Can this dip be served immediately after making?
However, I'd like to suggest that you allow the flavors to marry in the fridge for several hours for the full garlic effect.
I promise if you're a garlic lover you will NOT be disappointed, and you won't be able to stop after just one bite (vampire humor)!
Other ways to serve roasted garlic dip:
This dip would also make a terrific topping for baked potatoes or added into your favorite mashed potatoes!
But don't stop there...what about a slathering a bit onto some cooked veggies right before serving?
Or spread some onto a nice loaf of Italian bread before broiling to make some of the best garlic bread you've ever eaten! Seriously!!
This recipe is so versatile that you'll be thinking of 101 different ways you can use Vampire Garlic Dip that it will become an item you make on a regular basis to have on hand in your kitchen to quench all of those "gotta-have-it" garlic cravings!
Health benefits of garlic:
- Garlic can fight off the common cold.
- Garlic can lower blood pressure.
- Garlic can help lower cholesterol.
- Garlic may help prevent Alzheimer's disease.
How to make garlic dip:
- Cut the top inch or so off two heads of garlic.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the garlic in the oven for approximately 40 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl blend the softened butter, softened cream cheese, roasted garlic, thyme, hot sauce (if using), salt, and pepper until creamy.
- Serve immediately, or chill (covered) in the refrigerator.
How long will this dip keep in the refrigerator?
Wrapped well with plastic wrap, or stored in an air-tight container, this dip will last for 7-10 days.
What is the best way to serve this roasted garlic dip?
Personally, I enjoy this dip best when it's at room temperature.
Allow the dip to sit for at least 30 minutes from the refrigerator before serving for the best flavor and the best spreadability.
Additional garlic recipes:
*Garlic Lovers Pork Chops (pictured below)
Garlic Lovers Pork Chops have a mildly sweet and fragrant garlic flavor that doesn’t overpower or overwhelm the taste buds. Trust me when I tell you that they will be some of the best pork chops you’ll ever eat!
*Roasted Garlic Dip (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
More recipes for garlic lovers:
Garlic Lovers Pork Chops have a mildly sweet and fragrant garlic flavor that doesn't overpower or overwhelm the taste buds. Trust me when I tell you that they will be some of the best pork chops you've ever eaten!
If you're a garlic lover then you MUST try this Garlic Lover's Pizza! The crust is super simple to make and is the perfect thickness to hold all the garlicy, cheesy goodness this pizza possesses!
Some call it liquid gold, but I think Homemade Garlic Ghee is more like liquid sunshine. It makes me so happy and takes only minutes to make! Fill me up buttercup!
Roasted Garlic Compound Butter with Herbs takes only minutes to make and will liven up any savory dish with big, bold flavor! Make some today and keep it handy for everyday cooking, and also for special occasions!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Roasted Garlic Dip (aka Vampire Dip)
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 1 stick butter softened to room temperature I use salted
- 1 block 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- hot sauce to taste optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tops off 2 heads of garlic and wrap the base in a piece of aluminum foil and a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the garlic packets in a preheated oven and roast for approximately 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese, roasted garlic, thyme, black pepper, salt, and hot sauce (optional) to taste, until smooth and creamy. *Note - to easily remove the roasted garlic from the skins, gently squeeze the entire bulb until the garlic cloves squeeze out.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve immediately, or for more intense garlic flavor, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's flavorful and easy recipe for roasted garlic vampire dip as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!