If you’re a garlic addict, like me, then you simply MUST make this Roasted Garlic Dip! With only a few ingredients, this amazing dip comes together in a flash and is ready to serve in minutes.
Hi, my name is Reneé, and I’m a garlicoholic! But I swear, I have it under control.
As long as can have garlic at least 5-6 times a week my addiction stays in check, and I’m not a danger to myself or anyone else, unless, of course, I breathe on you! LOL
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Roasted Garlic Dip is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
This recipe was originally shared in 2014. This post has been updated with additional information, including a recipe card, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
Kitchen tools and equipment:
- aluminum foil
- baking sheet
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- large bowl
- measuring spoons
- serving bowl
- plastic wrap (for chilling)
Can this dip be served immediately after making?
However, I’d like to suggest that you allow the flavors to marry in the fridge for several hours for the full garlic effect.
I promise if you’re a garlic lover you will NOT be disappointed, and you won’t be able to stop after just one bite (vampire humor)!
Other ways to serve roasted garlic dip:
This dip would also make a terrific topping for baked potatoes or added into your favorite mashed potatoes!
But don’t stop there…what about a slathering a bit onto some cooked veggies right before serving?
Or spread some onto a nice loaf of Italian bread before broiling to make some of the best garlic bread you’ve ever eaten! Seriously!!
This recipe is so versatile that you’ll be thinking of 101 different ways you can use Vampire Garlic Dip that it will become an item you make on a regular basis to have on hand in your kitchen to quench all of those “gotta-have-it” garlic cravings!
Health benefits of garlic:
- Garlic can fight off the common cold.
- Garlic can lower blood pressure.
- Garlic can help lower cholesterol.
- Garlic may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
How to make garlic dip:
- Cut the top inch or so off two heads of garlic.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the garlic in the oven for approximately 40 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl blend the softened butter, softened cream cheese, roasted garlic, thyme, hot sauce (if using), salt, and pepper until creamy.
- Serve immediately, or chill (covered) in the refrigerator.
How long will this dip keep in the refrigerator?
Wrapped well with plastic wrap, or stored in an air-tight container, this dip will last for 7-10 days.
What is the best way to serve this roasted garlic dip?
Personally, I enjoy this dip best when it’s at room temperature.
Allow the dip to sit for at least 30 minutes from the refrigerator before serving for the best flavor and the best spreadability.
Additional garlic recipes:
*Garlic Lovers Pork Chops (pictured below)
Garlic Lovers Pork Chops have a mildly sweet and fragrant garlic flavor that doesn’t overpower or overwhelm the taste buds. Trust me when I tell you that they will be some of the best pork chops you’ll ever eat!
- Black Garlic Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from girlichef
- Caesar Tartlets with Sweet Garlic Butter Crusts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Garlic and Herb Lamb Chops from Healthy. Delicious.
- Garlic Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Garlic Fried Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Garlic Trifecta with Quinoa Pasta and Spinach from Peaceful Cooking
- Heart Healthy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe from It’s Yummi!
- Roasted Garlic Butter from Basic N Delicious
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza Pockets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow-Roasted Lamb with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Food Lust People Love
*Roasted Garlic Dip (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s savory dip recipe.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 stick butter softened to room temperature (I use salted)
- 1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tops off 2 heads of garlic and wrap the base in a piece of aluminum foil and a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the garlic packets in a preheated oven and roast for approximately 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese, roasted garlic, thyme, black pepper, salt, and hot sauce (optional) to taste, until smooth and creamy. *Note - to easily remove the roasted garlic from the skins, gently squeeze the entire bulb until the garlic cloves squeeze out.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve immediately, or for more intense garlic flavor, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
This dip is best served at room temperature, so if chilling, take it out at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with crackers, assorted vegetables, pretzels, or on a spoon all by itself. Kidding. Not kidding.
Amount Per Serving Calories 528Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 32gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 135mgSodium 522mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 6g
The nutritional information and calorie count provided is intended as a guideline only and has been provided by third-party software.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s flavorful and easy recipe for roasted garlic vampire dip as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!