If you’re a huge garlic lover (like we are) then you simply MUST try this Garlic Lover’s Pizza! The crust is super simple to make and is the perfect thickness to hold at the garlicy, cheesy goodness this pizza possesses!
Whenever we order pizza from our favorite local pizza joint, 9 times out of 10 we order their garlic lover’s pizza. Since that’s the case, back in 2011, I posted my version of the garlic lover’s pizza we love so much!
Today I’m updating the same post with all new photos and text, but the recipe remains unchanged except for the fact that this time I made my favorite deep dish garlic lover’s pizza in a cast-iron skillet.Jump to Recipe
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Garlic Lover’s Pizza, Kudos Kitchen Style is available near the end of this post. OR you can “jump to recipe” (shown above) to be taken directly there.
The toppings for your Deep Dish Garlic Lover’s Pizza can be as I’ve shown here, or you can load it up with all your favorites. Your call. You can do whatever strikes your fancy, just as long as you don’t skimp on the garlic!!!
The ingredient list for making Deep Dish Garlic Lover’s Pizza is as follows;
- beef stock
- dehydrated onion
- all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- fresh mozzarella
I’ll admit it. This deep dish garlic lover’s pizza probably has the most unusual crust recipe than any other pizza you’ve ever seen. After all, who adds beef broth and instant minced onion to a pizza crust? ME!!! And now I hope you will, too!
The extra flavor these surprise ingredients impart in the dough are outstanding, and they completely take this garlic lover’s pizza to over-the-moon flavor status!
Enough with the talking, let’s get busy making today’s Deep Dish Garlic Lovers Pizza;
- Bring the beef broth, water, butter, and dehydrated onion to a simmer in a stockpot.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to a warm-to-the-touch temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, pepper, yeast, oregano, and basil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Stir until just blended and then turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead by hand until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Oil the top of the dough and return it to the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise until doubled, approximately 60 minutes.
- Punch down the risen dough to deflate.
- Oil the bottom of a 12″ skillet and sprinkle the bottom with cornmeal.
- Add the deflated dough to the skillet and press the dough evenly in the bottom to cover.
- Bake the crust in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and press dimples all over the top of the pre-cooked dough.
- Brush olive oil and minced garlic over the top of the dough.
- Arrange the seasoned tomato slices over the garlic crust and layer with the mozzarella slices.
- Sprinkle additional basil and oregano over the top of the pizza and bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is bubbly, browned, and melted.
For additional Italian inspired recipes I’ve shared in the past, please click on the following titles for;
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Deep Dish Garlic Lover’s Pizza. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
Deep Dish Garlic Lover’s Pizza
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ tablespoons dehydrated minced onion
- 3 – 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for kneading
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, plus additional for topping
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, plus additional for topping
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional to season the tomato slices
- black pepper, to season the tomato slices
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- In a small saucepan (over low heat) heat beef broth, water, butter, and onion until the butter is just melted. Set aside and allow to cool slightly so that you can comfortably stick your finger in and not be burned.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, salt, basil, and oregano.
- Add the warm beef stock mixture into the flour mixture and stir to just combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and hand knead until the dough is smooth and elastic (approximately 5 minutes).
- Return the dough to the bowl and rub the top with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise until doubled, approximately 60 minutes.
- Brush the bottom of a 12″ skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle the cornmeal evenly on the bottom of the skillet.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Deflate the risen dough and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Add the deflated dough to the skillet and press it to evenly cover the entire bottom of the skillet.
- Partially bake the pizza dough in a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven.
- Press surface holes (dimples) over the entire crust and brush the top of the partially baked dough with the minced garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Top the entire surface with the tomato slices (seasoned with salt and pepper), and the sliced mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the top of the pizza with additional basil and oregano.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is browned and melted.
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making of this recipe for Deep Dish Garlic Lover’s Pizza if needed. By clicking on the item photo, you’ll be taken directly to Amazon.com if you’re interested in purchasing any of these products. You are in no way required to do so, and you will not be charged in any way unless you decide to purchase one of these products through Amazon.com
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Deep Dish Garlic Lover’s Pizza as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. When I find a great product or service, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn a commission for my recommendations. As always, I thank you for your support!