No-Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream is a favorite for people who love bananas, toasted walnuts, caramel, and vanilla wafers. It’s utterly delicious!!
I’m giving total credit for the inspiration of this no-churn banana walnut ice cream to my dear friend, Barb.
It was Barb who told me a few years ago that her favorite flavor of ice cream growing up as a child was banana walnut.
I held onto that ice cream flavor in my head knowing that one day I’d enjoy putting my own spin on it with the thought that one day I’d surprise Barb at her door with a big container of her childhood favorite.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making no-churn banana walnut ice cream is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found below) to be taken directly to the recipe.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list:
- overripe bananas
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- pure vanilla extract
- caramel syrup (store-bought or homemade)
- vanilla wafer cookies
- rum chata (optional)
The ingredients I’ve chosen to use in my No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream are, naturally, bananas and walnuts.
However what you may not expect, and probably didn’t see coming, is the addition of vanilla wafer cookies (because I wanted to mimic an old fashioned banana pudding), and a splash of Rum Chata just for fun!
Of course, the alcohol is an optional ingredient and can be left out entirely (if you’re feeding this to the kiddos), and I promise you’ll still enjoy it every bit as much!
*Please Note – This recipe contains alcohol and should not be consumed by anyone under the age of 21. However, the alcohol can be left out of this recipe if you’re making it for those who should not consume alcohol.
The easy instructions:
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet and assemble all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the heavy cream on high speed until soft peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, mash the overripe bananas with the vanilla extract.
- Add a pinch of salt, and the Rum Chata to the mashed bananas. Stir well.
- Add the caramel syrup and the sweetened condensed milk to the mashed banana mixture and stir well to combine.
- Gently fold the banana mixture into the whipped cream mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour half of the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Top the ice cream mixture with half of the toasted walnuts, caramel syrup (as much as you like), and vanilla wafer cookies.
- Pour the remaining ice cream mixture on top of the vanilla wafer cookies (you may need to poke the cookies back under the ice cream if they float up to the top), and sprinkle the remaining toasted walnuts over the top of the ice cream.
- Freeze at least four hours before serving.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the vanilla wafer cookies kept nice and crispy in the ice cream. I wasn’t quite sure if they would get soft or stay crunchy (I felt they’d be a nice addition no matter what happened), but I’m quite pleased with the crisp texture they provide this flavorful ice cream!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s no-churn banana walnut ice cream.
Creamy No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 overripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- ½ cup caramel syrup divided
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup Rum Chata (optional)
- 16-18 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup chopped walnuts toasted, divided
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, blend the heavy cream on high until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with the vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir the Rum Chata, sweetened condensed milk and ¼ cup of the caramel syrup into the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Gently fold the masked banana mixture into the whipped cream mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Fill half of a loaf pan with the ice cream mixture, top with half the walnuts and the remaining caramel syrup.
- Lay the vanilla wafers evenly over the caramel and gently top with the remaining ice cream mixture. *Note – you may need to push the cookies back down under the ice cream if they float to the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining walnuts over the ice cream and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, drizzle additional caramel sauce over the ice cream if desired and top with toasted walnut pieces.
My next recipe comes up on Wednesday, July 26th. It’s for a Lovely Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping. You seriously don’t want to miss this showstopper! And, I have another ice cream recipe coming up on Thursday, July 27th which is for my Triple Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream with Kahlua, and it features some of the best cherries which the Rainier Fruit Company (another one of our fine sponsors) has to offer.
Want more delicious no-churn ice cream recipes?
More delicious summer dessert recipes:
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s no-churn ice cream recipe flavor as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!