Smooth, creamy, and super flavorful! This no-churn Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream will soon become your new favorite ice cream flavor! I guarantee it!
With only a small handful of ingredients, you can whip up this no-churn homemade cherry ice cream in no time flat, and then let the freezer take it from there!
If you've never made no-churn ice cream before, I urge you to make this one your first, because I can promise you it won't be your last!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making no-churn homemade cherry almond ice cream is available at the end of this post.
Here's another no-churn ice cream flavor I know you'll also enjoy!
The ingredient list for making cherry chunk Amaretto ice cream;
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links for your consideration and shopping convenience.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Amaretto or Almond Syrup
- Pure Almond Extract
- Pinch Salt
Additional ice cream add-in suggestions;
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Cinnamon Red Hots
- Dried Cherries
- Dried Cranberries
- Toasted Almonds
- Toasted Pecans
- Toasted Coconut
- Toffee Bits
- Bubble Gum Bits
- M & M's
- Your favorite candy pieces
- Apple Pie Filling
- What do YOU want to add?
What is the purpose of adding Amaretto to the ice cream?
It's two reasons, actually.
One is to keep the ice crystals at bay while the ice cream is freezing. The tiny touch of alcohol will keep the no-churn ice cream a smooth and creamy consistency.
And the second is to amp up the almond flavor!
Can I leave the amaretto out of this cherry almond ice cream?
YES! By all means, leave it out if you're not a fan, or if you're feeding kids.
You may have slightly more ice crystals in your finished product, but the flavor will still be incredible!
What can I use as a substitution for the Amaretto?
You can either leave it out altogether or feel free to substitute the amaretto with almond syrup.
How to make homemade cherry almond ice cream;
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- *Note - if using a stand mixer, freeze the bowl and whip beforehand to make the whipping process go faster.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, cherry pie filling, amaretto (if using), almond extract, and a small pinch of salt.
- Fold or gently stir the mixture until completely combined.
- Spoon the cherry cream into large bowl or dish and freeze at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Allow the ice cream to sit for 10 minutes at room temperature before scooping.
Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream goes wonderfully well with this Double Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake (pictured below).
How long will this ice cream keep in the freezer?
Cover the frozen ice cream with plastic wrap, or a tight-fitting lid, and keep it in the freezer for up to two months. However, once you make it, there's no way it's going to last that long! 🙂
For other delicious no-churn ice cream recipes, please click on the following titles for:
*No-Churn Caramel Ice Cream from Meg's Everyday Indulgence
*No-Churn Rhubarb Ice Cream from Faithfully Gluten Free
*No-Churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream from Greedy Gourmet
*No-Churn Fresh Peach Ginger Ice Cream from The Heritage Cook
*No-Churn Irish Coffee Ice Cream (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
*No-Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
*No-Churn Sweet Corn Butterscotch Ice Cream (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s No-Churn Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
Printable Recipe Card
No-Churn Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream
- 2½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 can 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can 30 ounces cherry pie filling
- ¼ cup Amaretto Italian almond liquor or almond syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Whip the heavy cream in a large bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk, cherry pie filling, amaretto (or almond syrup), almond extract, and salt until fully incorporated, trying to retain as much volume as possible.
- Spoon the cherry cream mixture into a large, freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
- To serve, allow the ice cream to sit on the counter for 10 minutes. Scoop and enjoy!
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's recipe for No-Churn Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Jane Bonacci says
What a delightful way to cool off on these hot summer days! Thanks for including my peach-ginger ice cream!
My pleasure, Jane!! Your ice cream flavor is amazing!
This ice cream is so divinely creamy and delicious! Love it!!!
Thank you so much!!