Grab your spoon and get ready. This root beer ice cream tastes just like a root beer float, minus the straw and foam, which I know are a lot of fun, but this is serious business people! We've got root beer-flavored ice cream to eat!!!
*Disclaimer - This recipe was originally published in 2014. I'm working hard to update all my older recipes with recipe cards, new photos, and additional recipe information. But, getting to all of them will take time. Please bear with me. In the meantime let me assure you that this recipe is still a winner and one I'm sure you'll be well pleased with when you make it at home.
My dad was a major root beer lover!
Floats, pop, candy barrels, Popsicles, and this ice cream.
ROOT BEER-FLAVORED ICE CREAM
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup root beer extract I used Zatarain's
- pinch of salt
- -In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the cream and milk on low speed.
- -Add in the remaining ingredients and gradually increase the speed to medium. Whisk about 3-5 minutes to make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- -Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufactures instructions to freeze.
- -Eat at once for soft serve or transfer to a covered container and freeze again to form firmer ice cream.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for more ice cream....Well then, try these other flavors...
I hope those ice cream selections have made you happy.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
To see more, like and follow me across my social media platforms (buttons shown below), and don't forget to tag me (@kudoskitchen) with photos and comments on the recipes you've made. I'll see you there!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!