If you're a fan of eating coconut ice cream then this no-churn easy Toasted Coconut Pecan Ice Cream will send chills up your spine. In a good way. of course. 🙂
This easy coconut ice cream is by far the tastiest ice cream I've ever made, and it only takes six ingredients! Since I'm a major coconut and pecan lover that probably had a lot to do with it! That, and the fact that it's super simple to make and requires no noisy ice cream maker.
This was my second attempt at making this ice cream flavor. For my first attempt, I had hoped to cut a few of the fat calories, so I tried using half and half instead of using heavy whipping cream. Not wise. Instead of the half and half whipping into stiff and fluffy peaks, it turned into a bubbly, watery mess. Lesson learned. Half and half doesn't have the stability, or fat content, for whipping into the cream. I really should have known better. But, lucky for you, my mistake is your win. So do as I say, and not as I did.
When I made this easy coconut ice cream, I served it over these incredibly rich and decadent White Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies (recipe coming soon). We were hosting a small backyard gathering so, fortunately, most everything was gobbled up, and there weren't too many leftovers to call my name and tempt me in the days following. This girls' willpower is only so strong. LOL
The step-by-step photo instructions:
- Toast the coconut and chopped pecans in a dry skillet until golden brown. Add a pinch of salt.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, whip heavy cream in a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and the Malibu rum.
- Add the sweetened milk mixture into the whipped cream and gently fold with a spatula until combined.
- Add ⅔'s of the toasted coconut and pecans into the ice cream mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan and top with the remaining coconut and pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours, or until firm.
Printable Recipe Card
No-Churn Toasted Coconut Pecan Ice Cream
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- pinch salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Malibu rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toast the coconut and pecans in a medium (dry) skillet over low heat until golden brown. Stir the coconut and pecans frequently and keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- Add a small pinch of salt to the skillet and stir. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form, being careful not to over whip the cream.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, rum and vanilla extract.
- Add the sweetened milk mixture into the whipped cream and fold until combined.
- Add ⅔'s of the toasted coconut and pecans into the the whipped cream mixture and gently fold until well combined.
- Spoon the ice cream into a loaf pan and top with the remaining toasted coconut and pecans.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Colleen (Souffle Bpmbay) says
Oh yum! Love the toasted coconut! For whatever reason, everyone in my lofe THINKS they hate coconut! They have no idea what they are missing...especially when it comes to toatsted coconut. Lovely!
Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish says
Loving all that coconut-y goodnesss!! And I loved seeing you and your big ol' camera in the reflection of the ice cream scoop! The woman behind these gorgeous photos!
Nutmeg Nanny says
This looks so good! I love the splash of Malibu rum and I love that shot of you in the spoon 🙂
HaHaHa, Rose. You did learn a lot about me today. I never use a tripod because I like to be able to move the camera around when I shoot. I'm sure I'd be able to take better pictures if I did use one, but I'm stubborn. There, now you know even more. LOL
Sandi (@fearless_dining) says
What a fun ice cream. I am a sucker for toasted coconut anything. I can't wait to give this a try.
Me too, Sandi. Thank you so much!
Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox says
THAT looks so amazing! I think I could just live on it. For life.
Thanks, Kellie. You should probably only eat them from time to time. LOL
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
This sounds wonderful, I think I could eat that entire batch by myself in one sitting! 🙂
I know. It's a dangerous flavor!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
I love ice cream, and I absolutely love this with all that toasted coconut goodness (and rum) 🙂 This is one gorgeous dessert!
Believe it or not, the rum helps with the creaminess of the ice cream. You can omit it if serving to kids.
Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen says
You had me at Coconut Pecan Ice Cream and then you went and put it on a brownie! LOVE! The apron is adorable - you are so talented!
It was a fantastic dessert. Thanks for the lovely compliment about the apron too, Valerie! I appreciate it!
Angela | Mind Over Batter says
I tried whipping half-and-half once. Lesson learned!! I love coconut ice cream and I plan to make this no churn version this summer!
I know you'll love it, Angela!
carrie @ frugal foodie mama says
I am such a fan of toasted coconut! 🙂 This ice cream sounds right up my alley. And bonus points for the rum.
Karyn @ Pint Sized Baker says
Toasted coconut for the WIN! I love that you have rum in the ice cream to give it a little kick! And that apron is absolutely adorable.
Thank you so much, Karyn!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife says
oooo coconut and pecan sounds like the perfect flavor combo! No curn ice creams are my favorite!
You definitely inspired me with all your no-churn ice cream recipes, Angie!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife says
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Not only do I love your ice cream, I ADORE your reflection in the ice cream scoop!
HaHaHa! I wondered if anyone would notice 😉
Lora @savoringitaly says
I'm such a huge fan of coconut and especially coconut ice-cream! I would order coconut flavor in Italy every time I had a gelato this summer. Oh, my gosh...this looks divine!!!
Thanks, Lora. Coconut gelato sounds incredible!
Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes says
I also love coconut and pecans! Twinsies with the ice cream recipes today! Gotta love summer 🙂
I do love summer, but Fall is my favorite. I'm counting the weeks. LOL