Taco Tuesday just got an upgrade! These lime-marinated Mexican Pork Tenderloin Tacos don't take much longer to make than a standard ground beef taco, but the flavor is far superior.
At our house, we've never got into the whole Taco Tuesday thing. It's not that we don't like tacos. We do. But I like variety, and I don't think I could survive very long having the same thing every Tuesday, week after week. Yes, I'm overreacting...but not by much.
If your family does enjoy tacos every Tuesday, why not surprise them with a new kind of taco? Something other than ground beef (not that there's anything wrong with that). Lime Marinated Mexican Pork Tenderloin Tacos will shake up their routine, and wake up their taste buds!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Lime Marinated Mexican Pork Tenderloin Tacos is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list:
- Pork tenderloin
- Fresh lime juice
- Taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil
- Refried beans
- canned fire-roasted chiles
- Prepared Salsa
- Cilantro paste
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream (optional and not shown)
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
The easy step-by-step instructions:
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on pork tenderloin pieces that have been trimmed of the silver skin (optional).
- Allow the pork to sit for 15 minutes and then season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning mix (I used the low sodium variety).
- Drizzle the seasoned pork tender with avocado oil and place it in a preheated 400-degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the refried beans, fire-roasted chiles, and cilantro paste.
- For easier filling of the flour tortillas, use the underside of a muffin tin to hold the tortillas in place and layer the beans, sliced pork, avocado slices, shredded cheese, and salsa.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!!
How many tacos will this recipe make?
This recipe for Lime Marinated Mexican Pork Tenderloin Tacos makes approximately 8 large tacos, using 8" round flour tortillas. I used 3 hearty slices of pork tenderloin for each taco, approximately ½ cup of the flavored refried beans, 3 slices of avocado along with cheese, salsa, and a pinch of fresh cilantro on each.
A dollop of sour cream would be a delicious addition to these tacos but unfortunately, I'd forgotten to use that ingredient, even though I'd meant to.
As always, feel free to add or delete any of these ingredients to suit your own tastes and taco preferences.
Additional pork recipes:
- Dill Pickle Pork Chops
- Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin
- Garlic Lovers Pork Chops
- Cool Ranch Pork Chops
- One Pan Ponzu Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- German Pork Ribs with Sauerkraut
- French Onion Pork Chops
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Lime Marinated Mexican Pork Tenderloin Tacos. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars. Thank you so much!
Lime Marinated Mexican Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 limes
- 1 package taco seasoning low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire roasted chiles
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro paste
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 16 8" flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees.
- Place the pork into a baking dish. Squeeze the juice from one lime over the pork and allow the meat to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Season the lime marinated pork with salt, pepper, and the package of taco seasoning. Drizzle the seasoned pork with avocado oil.
- Roast the pork tenderloin in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While the pork is roasting, combine the refried beans, cilantro paste, and fire roasted chiles. Stir well.
- Remove the pork from the oven and allow the pork to sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Layer the taco ingredients (bean mixture, pork, avocado slices, salsa, and Monterey Jack cheese) into the flour tortillas and top with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges if desired.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's recipe for Pork Tenderloin Tacos as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
To see more, like and follow me across my social media platforms (buttons shown below), and don't forget to tag me (@kudoskitchen) with photos and comments on the recipes you've made. I'll see you there!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note - The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!