Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin is flavorful and tender and requires only a little effort on the part of the cook. It is sure to be a hit as an easy weeknight dinner or as a weekend meal that your family and friends will all enjoy.
Pork tenderloin is one of the most foolproof proteins you can make in the kitchen. Because it already has the name "tender" in its title, you can rest assured you'll be serving a cut of meat that will be easily sliceable and incredibly moist from end to end.
Why this recipe works
Since tenderness isn't the issue with a pork tenderloin, it's the flavor which can sometimes be lacking. This Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Breadcrumbs & Lemon is anything but bland. You'll love the tiny hint of sweet from the honey which marries well with the mild flavor of the Dijon mustard and fresh zest of lemon.
The ingredient list:
- pork tenderloin (not the flavored variety)
- Dijon mustard
- lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- fresh parsley (optional)
The time it will take you to make this delicious pork tenderloin is roughly 50 minutes. Once you've coated the tenderloin with the honey Dijon mixture and rolled it in the seasoned breadcrumbs, the oven does all the work so you can go about your business until it's din din dinnertime!
This meal will feed approximately 6 people with two slices each. However, you can feed even more people depending on how thickly you slice the meat. My husband is always the slicer of our family, and he likes his pork tenderloin slices about 1" thick.
The easy instructions
- In a shallow dish mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together the honey and Dijon mustard.
- Use paper towels to pat the pork tenderloin pieces completely dry.
- Brush the honey Dijon mixture liberally over each pork tenderloin piece.
- Roll and press each honey Dijon coated tenderloin piece into the seasoned breadcrumbs and then transfer the breadcrumb coated tenderloins to a baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Drizzle olive oil over each tenderloin piece and roast in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cooked tenderloin from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Additional pork recipes:
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin
- 2½ - 3 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dry the pork tenderloin pieces well with paper towel. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the Dijon mustard and honey.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brush the Dijon and honey mixture liberally onto the pork tenderloin.
- Roll and press the honey Dijon coated pork tenderloin into the seasoned breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place each coated tenderloin into a baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil spray or cooking spray.
- Drizzle the pork with the olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes (or until the internal temperature of the pork reads 145 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove the pork from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
medium shallow dish
meat thermometer (optional)
medium baking dish
olive oil or cooking spray
I hope you've enjoyed today's recipe for Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Breadcrumbs & Lemon as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!