These fork-tender Dill Pickle Pork Chops with Bacon & Onion are infused with flavor from the pickle juice brine, the browned bacon, and sauteed onions. This fast and easy low-carb recipe will soon become a family favorite!
I tend to focus a lot lately on German-inspired dishes that are easy and flavorful. This dish for Dill Pickle Pork Chops with Bacon & Onion is inspired by a German Beef Rouladen Recipe I shared several years ago along with a recounting of my grandfather on my mother's side, Hugo.
The ingredients to make Dill Pickle Pork Chops with Bacon & Onion;
Since pork plays a big part in German cuisine, I knew the combination of dill pickles and meaty bone-in pork chops would make a good pairing. Much like the vinegary taste of sauerkraut, a jar of dill pickles (along with their juice), four 1" thick pork chops, bacon, and chopped onion is pretty much all you'll need to make this recipe of Fork-Tender Dill Pickle Pork Chops with Bacon & Onion. I also used a little beef broth, but if chicken broth or stock is all you have on hand, by all means, use that.
Another thing I love about this recipe of Dill Pickle Pork Chops with Bacon & Onion, besides how easy it is to put on the dinner table, is that it is extremely low in carbohydrates making it perfect for anyone who is following a low carb, or keto eating plan.
As a family, we've decided we're going to start eating a lower carb diet. Since that's the case, you'll be seeing more and more recipe on this site that are of the low carb/keto variety. That said, since I've always loved sharing a wide array of delicious recipes with you here, from appetizers to desserts, I do not plan on entirely refocusing my blog in that way.
However, what you CAN expect is a generous sprinkling of lower carb and keto inspired recipes in between all the other cooking and baking recipes you've come to love and expect from Kudos Kitchen. Something for everyone is my motto, along with a pinch or two of everything in moderation. 🙂
The steps to make Dill Pickle Pork Chops;
Place the pork chops in a zip top bag along with all the pickle juice from a 28-ounce jar of dill pickles, reserving the pickles for later. Set aside the chops and allow them to marinate for at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute the bacon and onion over medium-high heat.
Once the onions and bacon have cooked (approximately 5-7 minutes). Remove the chops from the bag (reserving the juice) and pat each chop dry with paper towels and season them liberally with salt and pepper. Nestle the chops amongst the bacon and onions in the skillet and brown them well on both sides.
Once browned, remove the chops to a plate and add the reserved dill pickle juice (from the bag) to the skillet along with the beef broth (or stock) making sure to scrape up the fond (browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan) as you go. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chops back to the skillet along with any juices that have collected on the plate. Rough chop the pickles remaining in the jar, and add them to the skillet.
Cover the skillet and place into a 350-degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. You are now ready to serve.
Serve these Dill Pickle Pork Chops over Authentic German Spaetzle Casserole with Cheese & Onions;
Or what about these Zippy Pimento Cheese Mashed Potatoes;
To learn more about the health benefits of a low-carb diet, you can read more in this article from Diet Dynamo.
Low-Carb Dill Pickle Pork Chops
- 4 1" thick Pork Chops , bone-in or boneless
- 1 jar (28 ounces) Dill Pickles , reserve the juice
- 1 medium Onion , rough chopped
- ½ pound Bacon , cut into pieces
- 1 cup Beef Broth , or stock
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the pork chops to a large ziplock bag and pour in all of the pickle juice from the jar. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Roughly chop the pickles and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat an extra large skillet over medium-high. Add the bacon and onion to the skillet, stirring occasionally until the bacon is almost cooked and the onion is tender (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove the pork chops from the bag and pat them dry with paper towels. Season the chops liberally on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the chops to the skillet, making room for them amongst the bacon and onion so the chops touch the bottom of the pan and brown them well on both sides. This should take approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the browned chops from the skillet and keep warm on a plate.
- Add the beef broth and reserved pickle juice (from the bag) to the skillet making sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chops back into the skillet along with any juices that remain on the plate.
- Add the chopped pickles to the skillet over the chops. Cover the skillet and place the skillet in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope you've enjoyed this recipe for Low-Carb Dill Pickle Pork Chops as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you.
Should you have any questions regarding this, or anything else you see on my site, please don't hesitate to contact me directly, or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!