If you're a fan of scrambled eggs, then this easy Egg Pizza made with a crescent roll crust is something you'll love!! It's perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
This recipe is near and dear to my heart because it's something I used to make often when my kids were little.
Having egg pizza for breakfast, or breakfast-for-dinner, was always something my boys loved, and I always knew that everyone would be happy at the table!
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- What I wrote about this recipe in 2011:
- Why this recipe works:
- How long will this breakfast pizza with scrambled egg keep in the refrigerator after baking?
- How to reheat scrambled egg pizza?
- Can other toppings be added to this breakfast pizza?
- Additional scrambled egg pizza topping suggestions:
- Does the sour cream and dry mustard need to be added to the scrambled eggs?
- How to make scrambled egg pizza:
- Watch me make Egg Pizza in my Kudos Kitchen:
- Additional savory breakfast dishes:
- Printable Recipe Card
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- refrigerated crescent roll tubes (2)
- milk or half and half
- sour cream (optional)
- Dijon mustard
- chopped scallions (optional)
- American cheese slices
- shredded cheddar cheese
- breakfast sausage
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large mixing bowl
- large skillet
- baking sheet
- cheese grater (optional)
- measuring cups and spoons
- large spoon
- serving spatula
- small serrated knife for slicing
- kitchen timer
- cooking spray
**This post is being updated from the original publication in 2011. The recipe has remained completely unchanged from the original post with only the photos being updated. This article now also includes a video presentation along with a printable recipe card including nutritional information.
What I wrote about this recipe in 2011:
For a while now we've been having breakfast-for-dinner on Thursday evenings here at my house. Everyone in my family loves how comforting breakfast for dinner is and we enjoy it immensely!
Why this recipe works:
This scrambled egg breakfast pizza is large and perfect if you're feeding a lot of people...or just a family of four (like me) with big appetites. 🙂
How long will this breakfast pizza with scrambled egg keep in the refrigerator after baking?
Allow the pizza to cool completely and then store individual slices (or wrap the entire pizza with plastic wrap) and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to reheat scrambled egg pizza?
I like it best reheated in the oven, however, a microwave will also work but the crust won't be crispy.
You can also reheat slices in an air fryer if desired.
Preheat a conventional oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit and place the slices (or the entire pizza) onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Any longer will make the eggs rubbery.
Reheating the breakfast pizza in an air fryer will take less time. Maybe like 3-4 minutes at 350-degrees.
Can other toppings be added to this breakfast pizza?
Sure thing!! Feel free to customize it however you like.
That said, if you're adding meat (breakfast sausage or bacon), make sure that the meat is cooked thoroughly FIRST before adding it to the pizza.
Additional scrambled egg pizza topping suggestions:
- breakfast sausage (cooked and crumbled first)
- bacon crumbles (cooked)
- Swiss cheese
- cheese curds
- finely diced onion
- finely diced bell peppers
- broccoli (finely diced)
Go crazy!! What do you like in YOUR scrambled eggs?
Does the sour cream and dry mustard need to be added to the scrambled eggs?
No, it's not necessary. Feel free to make your scrambled eggs however you like.
However, the addition of the Dijon and sour cream will give you wonderfully flavored scrambled eggs that are light and fluffy.
How to make scrambled egg pizza:
- Press the two pop-tubes of crescent rolls evenly into the bottom of a 13x9 baking sheet.
- Dock (poke holes) into the unbaked dough with the tines of a fork to insure even baking with no bubbles.
- Partially bake the "crust" in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and lay the American cheese slices evenly over the the top.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, make the scrambled eggs.
- Top the crust and American cheese slices evenly with the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs and return the breakfast pizza to the oven to finish cooking the crust and to melt the cheeses, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices, serve, and enjoy!
Watch me make Egg Pizza in my Kudos Kitchen:
Additional savory breakfast dishes:
*Scrambled Egg Breakfast Sliders (shown below and featured in the video)
Scrambled egg breakfast sliders make for a tasty morning treat. They’re fun to eat, filling, and will please the entire family!
*Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich (not shown)
If you’re looking for a deliciously unique sandwich that will knock your socks off, look no further than this Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich!
*Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg (shown below)
Avocado toast gets an upgrade with the addition of bacon, egg, and hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg is the perfect sandwich for any time of day!
*Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza (not shown)
Make this sunny side up Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Whichever you choose, it’s always a winner!
*Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
SCRAMBLED EGG PIZZA
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls perforated or unperforated
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream optional
- ¼ cup milk or half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 12 slices American cheese
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped scallions optional
- 6 ounces (about 6 sausages) pork breakfast sausage cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 Celsius).
- -Spray a 9x13 baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- -Unroll your crescent dough and press firmly into your baking sheet, taking care to press all the seams together (if needed) to form one uniform sheet of dough.
- -Dock the dough with a fork so as crust prebakes it will stay uniformly flat and not bubble up.
- -Prebake the dough for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- -Remove from the oven and allow it to cool while making the scrambled eggs.
- -In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream (optional), milk, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard until light and fluffy.
- -In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and gently scramble the egg mixture until you reach a slightly wet consistency. *Note - You'll still be baking the pizza off in the oven, so you don't need to thoroughly cook the eggs at this point.
- -Remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
- -Place the American cheese slices evenly over the top of the parbaked crescent roll crust.
- -Gently spoon the scrambled eggs evenly over the entire surface of the pizza crust and cheese slices.
- -Top with the scrambled eggs with cooked sausage and shredded cheddar cheese.
- -Bake the entire pizza for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is fully cooked. Top with chopped scallions if desired.
- -Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice, and serve.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy scrambled egg breakfast recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!