If you're a fan of scrambled eggs, then this easy Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza made with a crescent roll crust is something you're going to love!! It's perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
I originally shared this recipe in 2011. I've recently updated this post with additional information, including a recipe card complete with nutritional information, but the recipe itself (and the photos) have remained unchanged.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making this easy breakfast pizza with scrambled eggs and a crescent roll crust is available at the end of this post. Or you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- refrigerated crescent roll tubes (2)
- sour cream
- dry mustard
- dried thyme (optional)
- American cheese slices
- shredded cheddar cheese
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large mixing bowl
- large skillet
- baking sheet
- cheese grater (optional)
- measuring cups and spoons
- large spoon
- serving spatula
- small serrated knife for slicing
- kitchen timer
- cooking spray
What I wrote about this recipe in 2011:
For a while now we've been having breakfast-for-dinner on Thursday evenings here at my house. Everyone in my family loves how comforting breakfast for dinner is and we enjoy it immensely!
Why this recipe works:
This scrambled egg breakfast pizza is large and perfect if you're feeding a lot of people...or just a family of four (like me) with big appetites. 🙂
How long will this breakfast pizza with scrambled egg keep in the refrigerator after baking?
Allow the pizza to cool completely and then store individual slices (or wrap the entire pizza with plastic wrap), and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to reheat scrambled egg pizza?
I like it best reheated in the oven, however, a microwave will also work but the crust won't be crispy.
You can also reheat slices in an air fryer if desired.
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit and place the slices (or the entire pizza) onto a baking sheet. Bake for 7- 10 minutes. Any longer will make the eggs too rubbery.
Reheating the breakfast pizza in an air fryer will take less time. Maybe like 3-4 minutes at 350-degrees.
Can other toppings be added to this breakfast pizza?
Sure thing!! Feel free to customize it however you like.
That said, if you're adding meat (breakfast sausage or bacon), make sure that the meat is cooked thoroughly FIRST before adding it to the pizza.
Additional scrambled egg pizza topping suggestions:
- breakfast sausage (cooked and crumbled first)
- bacon crumbles (cooked)
- Swiss cheese
- cheese curds
- finely diced onion
- finely diced bell peppers
- broccoli (finely diced)
Go crazy!! What do you like in YOUR scrambled eggs?
Does the sour cream and dry mustard need to be added to the scrambled eggs?
No, it's not necessary. Feel free to make your scrambled eggs however you like.
However, the addition of the dry mustard and sour cream will give you wonderfully flavored scrambled eggs that are light and fluffy.
The step-by-step photos for making breakfast pizza with scrambled eggs and crescent roll crust:
- Press the two pop-tubes of crescent rolls evenly into the bottom of a 13x9 baking sheet.
- Dock (poke holes) into the unbaked dough with the tines of a fork to insure even baking with no bubbles.
- Partially bake the "crust" in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and lay the American cheese slices evenly over the the top.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, make the scrambled eggs.
- Top the crust and American cheese slices evenly with the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs and return the breakfast pizza to the oven to finish cooking the crust and to melt the cheeses, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices, serve, and enjoy!
Additional savory breakfast dishes:
*Scrambled Egg Breakfast Sliders (shown below and featured in the video)
Scrambled egg breakfast sliders make for a tasty morning treat. They’re fun to eat, filling, and will please the entire family!
*Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich (not shown)
If you’re looking for a deliciously unique sandwich that will knock your socks off, look no further than this Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich!
*Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg (shown below)
Avocado toast gets an upgrade with the addition of bacon, egg, and hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg is the perfect sandwich for any time of day!
*Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza (not shown)
Make this sunny side up Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Whichever you choose, it’s always a winner!
*Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's super easy breakfast pizza recipe using crescent rolls and scrambled eggs.
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
SCRAMBLED EGG BREAKFAST PIZZA
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls perforated or unperforated
- 14 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 slices American cheese
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- -Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
- -Spray a 9x13 baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- -Unroll your crescent dough and press firmly into your baking sheet, taking care to press all the seams together (if needed) to form one uniform sheet of dough.
- -Dock the dough with a fork so as crust prebakes it will stay uniformly flat and not bubble up.
- -Prebake the dough for approximately 12 minutes.
- -Remove from the oven and allow it to cool while making the scrambled eggs.
- -In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard until light and fluffy.
- -In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and gently scramble the egg mixture until you reach a slightly wet consistency. *Note - You'll still be baking the pizza off in the oven, so you don't need to thoroughly cook the eggs at this point.
- -Remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
- -Place the American cheese slices evenly over the top of the parbaked crescent roll crust.
- -Gently spoon the scrambled eggs evenly over the entire surface of the pizza crust and cheese slices.
- -Top with the scrambled eggs with shredded cheddar cheese.
- -Bake the entire pizza for an additional 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is fully cooked.
- -Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice, and serve.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy scrambled egg breakfast recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Bringing you easy, economical, and delicious dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!