When you're looking for a crunchy sweet and salty pretzel treat that's fast, easy to make, and everyone loves, this Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Sticks recipe is just the ticket!
No matter the time of year, these crunchy sweet and salty pretzel snacks are in season. You're going to love them, and so will everyone else!!
- 🛒The ingredients:
- 📸 Step-by-step photo instructions for making cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks:
- ☑️Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- 💡 Storage Tips:
- 🔔Add-in suggestions:
- 🔑Top tips for making cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks:
- 🥨More recipes for pretzel lovers:
- ♥️ Additional crunchy snacks you'll also enjoy:
- ⏲️How long does this crunchy snack recipe take from start to finish?
- 🎯Can cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks be made in an air fryer?
- 🤩Kitchen gifts and products for your personal use and gifting enjoyment:
- Additional sweet and salty pretzel recipes:
- Printable Recipe Card
- pretzel sticks (the wider ones will hold up the best)
- butter (melted)
- egg white (from one egg)
- pure vanilla extract
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
📸 Step-by-step photo instructions for making cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks:
- Assemble the ingredients.
- Place the pretzel sticks in a gallon size zip-lock bag.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together 1 stick of cooled melted butter, 1 egg white, and the vanilla extract.
- Pour the butter mixture over the pretzels in the bag. Shake well to coat the pretzels in the egg white mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Pour the cinnamon and sugar mixture into the bag with the wet pretzels and gently yet thoroughly shake the bag to coat the pretzels.
- Pour the pretzels out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread them into an even layer.
- Bake the pretzels in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven and immediately use a spatula to stir and separate the pretzels to prevent excessive clumping.
- Cool completely before serving.
☑️Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
If you haven't already, I hope you'll take a moment to view the video I recorded while I was making this recipe.
In it you'll see the kitchen tools and equipment I used. They are: two medium-size bowls, two small bowls, one gallon ziplock bag, a standard rimmed baking sheet, one sheet of parchment paper, a whisk, measuring cups and spoons (not shown), a kitchen timer (not shown), a cooling rack (not shown), a slotted spatula, and oven gloves (not shown).
💡 Storage Tips:
To keep the pretzels as crunchy as the day they were made, store them sealed well in a brown paper bag at room temperature for up to 7 days.
If you like things a little sweet and spicy, I'd suggest adding 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha or your favorite brand of hot sauce to the butter and egg white mixture.
Or, what about sprinkling in a little cayenne red pepper with the cinnamon sugar mixture before coating the pretzels?
Of course a pinch of nutmeg is never a bad thing when there is cinnamon involved (cardamom, too), but personally I'd leave out the hot sauce if I was adding the earthy flavors of nutmeg and/or cardamom...but that's just me. You do you!
🔑Top tips for making cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks:
Don't forget to stir the pretzels halfway through the baking process for maximum cinnamon sugar pretzel stick crunchiness.
Also to prevent the pretzel sticks from clumping and sticking together make sure to stir the sticky baked pretzels very well immediately after they come out of the oven before they have a chance to cool.
🥨More recipes for pretzel lovers:
♥️ Additional crunchy snacks you'll also enjoy:
My Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee wins my (self-proclaimed) blue ribbon award for the best and easiest candy I have ever made. When you make it, you'll understand why! Trust me.
These fast and easy Sriracha Firecracker Snackers pack a whole lot of punch into an itty-bitty cracker. BAM!
Beware! These homemade Everything Bagel Chips are so crunchy and so addicting that you won't be able to step away. Please proceed with the utmost caution!
⏲️How long does this crunchy snack recipe take from start to finish?
Approximately 30 minutes.
10 minutes of prep-time (and that's stretching it), and 15 minutes of bake time in a conventional.
However, if you have a convection oven you can cut the baking time down by roughly 5 minutes.
🎯Can cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks be made in an air fryer?
You bet, but you may need to cook them in batches depending on how big your air fryer is.
That said, if you're cooking them in an air fryer, keep a close eye on the pretzel sticks while they're cooking so they don't burn. Also cut the cooking time down (7-10 minutes at 350-degrees). Stir them well after cooking and if needed return the pretzel sticks to the air fryer for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Stir immediately, and cool completely before serving.
🤩Kitchen gifts and products for your personal use and gifting enjoyment:
Have you ever splattered yourself with butter or oil while cooking and ruined your clothing? I know. It's frustrating, and it's happened to me too (more times than I care to admit)!
Check out this cute and colorful customized baking apron that will keep you clean and stylish while you're busy whipping up goodies in the kitchen. Or, if grilling is more your style, how about this classy grill master apron for when you're outside manning (or "womanning," LOL) the grill!
When you take the time to make homemade snacks then you probably will want to feature them in the best way possible when you set them out for family and friends. That's why I think this really cute "Happiness is Homemade" personalized serving bowl is one you'll want to add to your radar.
And, speaking of butter, this fun and unique stick of butter pillow is a sure-fire conversation starter that baking and cooking enthusiasts alike will appreciate.
Additional sweet and salty pretzel recipes:
If you're a fan of all things sweet and savory, do I have a cookie for you! Caramel Pretzel Thumbprint Cookies have it ALL going on, and you're going to LOVE them!
What do you get when you cross salty pretzels with sweet praline and cinnamon? Simply the most irresistible snack around! Cinnamon Praline Pretzels will keep you coming back for more!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Sticks
- 1 bag (12 ounces) thick pretzel sticks I used dipping sticks pretzels
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add the butter to a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave on medium/low power. Cool slightly after melting.
- Meanwhile, separate the egg white and yolk. Reserve the yolk for another use. Whisk the egg white and vanilla into the melted and cooled butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add the pretzel sticks to a one gallon zip-top bag and pour the butter mixture into the bag. Gently but thoroughly mix and shake the bag to coat all the pretzels with the butter mixture.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture into the bag with the pretzels and butter. Gently but thoroughly mix and shake the bag to coat all the pretzels with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread the coated pretzels into an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Remove the cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks from the oven and stir immediately before cooling to prevent sticking.
- Allow the pretzels to cool completely before serving.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!