Beware! These homemade Everything Bagel Chips are so crunchy and so addicting that you won't be able to step away. Please proceed with the utmost caution! 😉
Are you like me? Do you like snacks that are packed with flavor and have a satisfying, savory, crunch?
If so, then these homemade crispy crunchy everything bagel chips need to happen in your kitchen ASAP!
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Why you'll need to hide these crunchy homemade snacks:
- Why this recipe works
- Store-bought or homemade?
- The key to super crispy bagel chips:
- When to serve everything bagel chips:
- What is the best way to store these chips?
- For additional crunchy snack recipes:
- Printable Recipe Card
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- mini bagels
- olive oil
- poppy seeds
- dehydrated minced onion
- sesame seeds
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- baking sheet
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups and spoons
- parchment paper (optional)
- serrated knife
- cutting board
Why you'll need to hide these crunchy homemade snacks:
Truth? I made these everything bagel chips for the upcoming holiday because we're having guests.
After I'd taken these bagel chips out of the oven, I had to continue to slap away the hands of my husband and son because these things are SO addicting!!
I eventually had to hide the chips with the promise to my family that I'd make them again very, very soon. OR, (as I told them) you can make them yourselves. They're super easy, and anyone can make them!
Why this recipe works
These everything bagel chips are so good to eat on their own that they don't need any dip at all.
Of course, you can still dip them in whatever strikes your fancy (if you feel the need), but it's certainly not necessary because they're so packed with flavor just the way they are!
Store-bought or homemade?
Up until the other day I had never made homemade bagel chips before and had always purchased them at the store.
Don't get me wrong, while the bagel chips from the store are still good, these homemade everything bagel chips are SO MUCH BETTER! And, they're made without preservatives or weird ingredients to keep them shelf-stable!
The key to super crispy bagel chips:
Since I wanted these chips to be as crispy as possible, I decided that the best thing to do was bake the bagel slices twice before adding the oil and seasonings.
I was afraid that if I added the oil to the sliced bagels before baking them, the oil would get completely absorbed into the slices and not be distributed evenly throughout the entire batch of chips.
This method worked like a charm, and the result is a chip with all the crunch your ears can handle!
When to serve everything bagel chips:
Keep these homemade bagel chips in mind for all of your snacking and entertaining needs.
They'll be super yummy for tailgating, and big game parties so you might want to bookmark this post or print the recipe ASAP, so you'll have it handy at a moment's notice!
What is the best way to store these chips?
If you're wondering about storing your everything bagel chips (if you have any left to store, that is) so they remain crispy, I recommend placing them in a brown paper bag.
A lunch-size bag is a perfect fit. The breathability of the brown paper bag is just the thing these chips require for retaining their maximum crunch factor!
For additional crunchy snack recipes:
*Crunchy Skillet-Roasted Hazelnuts with Rosemary (pictured below)
"Move over popcorn, there’s a new snack kid in town! Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts are as addicting as popcorn, and they’re good for you too."
*Maple and Cranberry Fall Trail Mix from Snacking in Sneakers
*Sriracha Fire Cracker Snackers (pictured below)
Sriracha Firecracker Cracker Snackers packs a whole lot of punch into an itty-bitty cracker. BAM!
*Maple Bacon Popcorn from Salt and Baker
*Parmesan Fennel Crackers (pictured below)
These crackers are delectably addicting with their nutty, buttery, sharp, and pungent Parmesan flavor and a mild hint of fennel. I double-dog dare you to eat just one!!
*No-Bake Homemade Granola Bars from Homemade and Yummy
*Homemade Everything Bagel Chips (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Everything Bagel Chips
- 1 bag (approximately 10 ounces) mini bagels plain
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup olive oil or canola, coconut, grapeseed
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit
- Using a serrated knife, slice the bagels into ¼" pieces
- Place the sliced bagels on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bagels and flip them on the baking sheet.
- Return the bagel chips to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Remove the bagel chips from the oven and place them in a large bowl.
- Add half of the oil to the chips along with half of the spices. Stir well.
- Add the remaining oil to the chips along the with remaining spices. Stir well.
- Return the seasoned chips to a baking sheet, in an even layer.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees and bake the chips for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool before serving.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's crunchy snack recipe for homemade everything bagel chips as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!