Beware! These homemade everything bagel chips are so crunchy and so addicting that you can’t step away. Please proceed with the utmost caution! 😉
Are you like me? Do you like snacks that are packed with flavor and have a satisfying, savory, crunch?
If so, then these homemade crispy crunchy everything bagel chips need to happen in your kitchen ASAP!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making homemade crunchy bagel chips is available near the end of this post.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list for making homemade everything bagel chips;
- Mini Bagels
- Olive Oil
- Poppy Seeds
- Dehydrated Minced Onion
- Sesame Seeds
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
Truth? I made these everything bagel chips for the upcoming holiday because we’re having guests.
After I’d taken the everything bagel chips out of the oven, I had to continue to slap away the hands of my husband and son because these things are SO addicting!!
I eventually had to hide the chips with the promise to my family that I’d make them again very, very soon. OR, (as I told them) you can make them yourselves. They’re super easy, and anyone can make them!
Why this recipe works
These everything bagel chips are so good to eat on their own that they don’t need any dip at all.
Of course, you can still dip them in whatever strikes your fancy (if you feel the need), but it’s certainly not necessary because they’re so packed with flavor just the way they are!
Store-bought or homemade?
Up until the other day I had never made homemade bagel chips before and had always purchased them at the store.
Don’t get me wrong, while the bagel chips from the store are still good, these homemade everything bagel chips are SO MUCH BETTER! And, they’re made without preservatives or weird ingredients to keep them shelf-stable!
The key to super crispy bagel chips
Since I wanted these chips to be as crispy as possible, I decided that the best thing to do was bake the bagel slices twice before adding the oil and seasonings.
I was afraid that if I added the oil to the sliced bagels before baking them, the oil would get completely absorbed into the slices and not be distributed evenly throughout the entire batch of chips.
This method worked like a charm, and the result is a chip with all the crunch your ears can handle!
What is the best way to store everything bagel chips?
If you’re wondering about storing your everything bagel chips (if you have any left to store, that is) so they remain crispy, I recommend placing them in a brown paper bag.
A lunch-size bag is a perfect fit. The breathability of the brown paper bag is just the thing these chips require for retaining their maximum crunch factor!
Join me in as I prepare everything bagel chips LIVE in my Kudos Kitchen:
For additional crunchy snack recipes, please click on the following titles for;
- Crunchy Skillet-Roasted Hazelnuts with Rosemary (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“Move over popcorn, there’s a new snack kid in town! Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts are as addicting as popcorn, and they’re good for you too.“
*Maple and Cranberry Fall Trail Mix from Snacking in Sneakers
- Sriracha Fire Cracker Snackers (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“Sriracha Firecracker Cracker Snackers packs a whole lot of punch into an itty-bitty cracker. BAM!”
*Maple Bacon Popcorn from Salt and Baker
- Parmesan Fennel Crackers (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“These crackers are delectably addicting with their nutty, buttery, sharp, and pungent Parmesan flavor and a mild hint of fennel. I double-dog dare you to eat just one!!”
*No-Bake Homemade Granola Bars from Homemade and Yummy
- Homemade Everything Bagel Chips (pictured below) This is the place!!
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for Homemade Bagel Chips if desired.
Below is the printable recipe card and instructions for making for today’s everything bagel chips.
Crispy Crunchy Totally Addicting Everything Bagel Chips
- 1 bag (approximately 10) mini bagels plain
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil or canola, coconut, grapeseed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Using a serrated knife, slice the bagels into ¼” pieces
- Place the sliced bagels on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bagels and flip them on the baking sheet.
- Return the bagel chips to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Remove the bagel chips from the oven and place them in a large bowl.
- Add half of the oil to the chips along with half of the spices. Stir well.
- Add the remaining oil to the chips along the with remaining spices. Stir well.
- Return the seasoned chips to a baking sheet, in an even layer.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees and bake the chips for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool before serving.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for homemade everything bagel chips as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Keep these homemade bagel chips in mind for all of your snacking and entertaining needs.
They’ll be super yummy for tailgating, and big game parties so you might want to bookmark this post, or print the recipe ASAP so you’ll have it handy at a moment’s notice!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!