This Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee wins my (self-proclaimed) blue ribbon award for the best and easiest candy I have ever made. Since I’ve made it twice in the past week, that’s proof positive! When you make it, you’ll understand why! Trust me.
Sometimes the best recipes (just like inventions) come out of necessity. And so it is with this recipe for Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee. Since I’d had extra chocolate graham crackers left over from another dessert dish I’d just completed I wanted to use them up quickly before they got lost in the back of the pantry, which happens in my kitchen more times than I care to admit.
The ingredients you’ll need to make Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee are; chocolate graham crackers, butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, coarse salt, pure almond extract, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, slivered almonds, and sea salt or pink Himalayan salt (optional), to finish.
The other part of the inspiration for this Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee candy comes from a recipe that’s been floating around for years and years which utilizes saltine crackers, chocolate, and a brown sugar butter toffee mixture. While that particular mock toffee is good, I think you’ll find this one is even better. If you’re a fan of Heath bar candy, you’ll adore this!!!
If you have 30 minutes to spare, you can surprise your friends and family tonight with this amazing Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee. Let me show you the easy steps.
Spray a 13″ x 9″ baking sheet with liberally baking spray or coconut spray. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper as well. Lay the chocolate graham crackers in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add brown sugar to the saucepan and stir well to combine. Continue stirring until the mixture comes to a low boil. Carefully continue stirring the boiling brown sugar mixture for approximately 3-5 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the heavy cream, pure almond extract and a pinch of coarse salt until well combined.
Carefully pour the hot toffee mixture evenly over the graham crackers on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in a preheated 400-degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the graham crackers and toffee. Allow the chips to sit for a few minutes until they melt.
Once melted, swirl the chocolate over the entire top of the crackers and toffee. Top the chocolate with slivered almonds and a very light touch of sea salt or pink Himalayan salt to finish (optional). Chill until the chocolate hardens and then remove the parchment paper from the back of the toffee. Randomly break the Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee into pieces for serving, or gifting. Enjoy!!
- 1½ sleeves of chocolate graham crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- small pinch coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- sea salt or pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Prepare a 13" x 9" baking sheet by spraying liberally with baking spray or coconut oil spray.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet and also spray it liberally with baking spray.
- Lay the graham crackers in an even layer on top of the prepared parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to stir and boil the brown sugar and butter mixture for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the heavy cream, almond extract, and salt.
- Carefully pour the hot toffee mixture evenly over the graham crackers, spreading it to completely cover the crackers.
- Bake the toffee crackers in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the top of the crackers evenly with the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips.
- Allow the chips to sit for 1-2 minutes to soften, and then spread and swirl the melted chocolate evenly over the top of the crackers.
- Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the melted chocolate and sprinkle the entire surface with a light pinch of finishing salt.
- Chill until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove the parchment paper from the back of the toffee.
- Break the toffee into pieces and serve, or gift.
13" x 9" baking sheet
13" x 9" parchment paper
baking spray or coconut spray
wooden spoon or spatula
offset spatula or knife
If you’re still craving other delicious homemade candies I’ve shared in the past, please click on the following recipe titles for;
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you. Should you have any questions regarding this, or anything else you see on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!