It's easy to have the flavor of the holidays year-round with this delicious recipe for Stuffing Stuffed Turkey Burgers. Now that's something to be thankful for!
If you need a break from cooking the typically stressful holiday menu (and who doesn't sometimes), or you just want to have the taste of the holidays but in hand-held form, then this easy and delicious ground turkey burger recipe should be calling your name. Do you hear it?
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Why are these stuffed turkey burgers started in a skillet and finished in the oven?
- Are these turkey burgers dry?
- How long will the cooked burgers last in the refrigerator?
- Can stuffing stuffed turkey burgers be frozen after cooking?
- How to reheat stuffed turkey burgers after freezing?
- How to make a turkey burger stuffed with stuffing:
- What to serve with turkey burgers:
- Additional burger recipes:
- Printable Recipe Card
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Ground Turkey
- Dehydrated Minced Onion
- Rubbed Sage
- Ground Thyme
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepared Stuffing (store-bought or homemade)
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Buns (a brioche bun is pictured)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Round 3½" Cookie Cutter or Biscuit Cutter
- Large Skillet
- Baking Sheet with Rack
Why are these stuffed turkey burgers started in a skillet and finished in the oven?
Since it's super important to cook ground turkey to a temperature of 165-degrees Fahrenheit, I didn't feel that cooking the stuffed turkey burgers in the skillet alone would guarantee a completely cooked turkey burger.
And since the stuffed turkey burgers are extra-thick I felt it was important to use the skillet to sear the burgers and get a nice color on them, and then use the oven to ensure doneness.
Are these turkey burgers dry?
Not in my opinion.
With the topping of whole berry cranberry sauce and the moist stuffing interior, I find these turkey burgers to be juuuust right!
How long will the cooked burgers last in the refrigerator?
If wrapped well, these stuffed turkey burgers will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
I wrapped mine in plastic wrap without the buns.
Can stuffing stuffed turkey burgers be frozen after cooking?
Cool the turkey burgers completely after cooking, and wrap the cooked burgers in freezer bags or aluminum foil.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
How to reheat stuffed turkey burgers after freezing?
Thaw the turkey burgers completely after freezing.
To reheat, unwrap the burger from the plastic wrap and place (covered) in a microwave oven, on medium power, until hot in the middle.
Or reheat the turkey burgers in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until hot in the center.
Place the heated turkey burger on a bun and enjoy.
How to make a turkey burger stuffed with stuffing:
- Prepare the stuffing and let cool. Leftovers work great for this.
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, minced onion, rubbed sage, ground thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Fill the 3½" round molds with ⅓ cup of the ground turkey mixture and press into an even layer.
- For each burger use slightly less than ¼ cup of the cooled stuffing and press it into a disc shape that isn't quite as wide as the burger itself.
- Top the stuffing with ⅓ cup more of the ground turkey mixture and press it into the round mold to form a patty.
- Remove the round mold and press the edges together to form a seal.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the stuffed turkey burgers to the skillet and sear the patties on both sides (approximately 4 minutes per side).
- Remove the seared turkey burgers to a baking sheet lined with a rack.
- Continue the same process with the remaining burgers.
- Add the stuffed turkey burgers to the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink and the stuffing in the center is hot.
- Top each burger with whole berry cranberry sauce and add the turkey burger to a brioche bun.
What to serve with turkey burgers:
- Roasted Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"These roasted baby potatoes are creamy in the center, and golden brown and crispy on the outside. Pair all that deliciousness with a dipping sauce made of mustard, horseradish, and mayonnaise and you have the perfect side dish or even a fun and unusual party appetizer!! YUM!!"
- Corn Souffle from Neighbor Food
- Autumn Fruit and Vegetable Chopped Salad (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"This fall chopped salad has all the colors and flavors you love about autumn! It will easily grace any table, for any occasion."
- Ginger Cardamom Spiced Carrots from Savory Spin
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Pie Wedges (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"You’re going to love how easy and delicious these apple pie wedges are to make…and eat. With store-bought or homemade pie crust, apple pie wedges are utterly delicious!!"
Additional burger recipes:
A Bruschetta Burger is my riff on a burger I'd had at a restaurant not all that long ago. It's a ground beef burger that is topped to perfection with a Parmesan crisp, homemade tomato relish, fresh basil leaves, and then sandwiched between toasted garlic bread! It's delicioso!!!
When it comes to making a juicy beef burger even better, why not top it with a few fat slices of roasted pork belly? Mmmm-mmmm. It doesn't get much better than a Pork Belly Burger.
How about whipping up some Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers for out on the grill? They're the best of both worlds (pizza and burgers), and they take less time to get on the table than a traditional pizza delivery and they taste better than a standard burger.
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Stuffing Stuffed Turkey Burger
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups prepared stuffing cooled
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated minced onion
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 6 brioche buns
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the ground turkey, salt, pepper, minced onion, sage, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Working on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, press approximately ⅓ cup of the turkey mixture into a 3½" round cutter.
- Scoop a little less than ¼ cup of the cooled stuffing mixture and form it into an approximate 3" round disc.
- Place the stuffing disc on top of the ground turkey in the ring.[mv_img id="34631"]
- Cover the stuffing with approximately ⅓ cup of the ground turkey mixture and press gently to form a patty.
- Remove the ring from the stuffed turkey burgers and press the seams of the ground turkey together closed to seal.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and sear the stuffed turkey burgers on both sides (approximately 4 minutes each side), until golden.
- Remove the turkey burgers from the skillet and place them on a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack.
- Place the stuffed turkey burgers into the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Place each turkey burger on a bun and top with each with the whole berry cranberry sauce.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's Thanksgiving turkey burger recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!