The best thing about these Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers (besides the taste), is that you can top them with all your favorite ingredients, just as you would your favorite pizza.
For ours, I topped them with some grilled green peppers and onions, but think about adding pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms, and anchovies! Well, maybe we’d better stop at mushrooms! LOL
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers;
- bulk Italian Sausage
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- green bell peppers (optional)
- sweet onions (optional)
- mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- hamburger buns
- marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
What is it that makes these Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers better than other pizza burgers you’ve had in the past?
Garlic buns, people!! Before serving, slather the buns liberally with softened butter and add a hefty sprinkling of garlic powder. Then, toast or grill the buns until slightly crunchy! The taste of the garlic buns really elevates a boring pizza burger to THE BEST Italian Sausage Pizza Burger you’ve ever eaten!
Other Italian sausage pizza burger topping suggestions;
- bbq sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- you name it!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Best Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you.
Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers are the best of both worlds (pizza and burgers), and they take less time to get on the table than traditional delivery from your local pizza joint.
- 2 pounds bulk Italian Sausage
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, plus more for the buns
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce, warmed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium/high.
In a large bowl, mix together the sausage, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and basil.
- Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into burger patties.
- Grill the patties on a preheated grill (or grill pan) for approximately 7-8 minutes per side (cover for half of the cooking time).
- Meanwhile, in a grill basket (or a large stovetop skillet), season and cook the green peppers and onions with the salt and olive oil until they are slightly wilted and no longer crunchy. Stirring occasionally.
- Place the cheese on the burgers and cook just until the cheese has melted. Remove from the grill and keep warm.
- Spread the softened butter on both sides of the buns and season with garlic powder to taste.
Place the buns (butter side down) on the grill, or skillet, and cook until they're browned and lightly crispy.
Place a burger on a bun, top with prepared warmed marinara sauce, and the sauteed green pepper and onions.
If you’re looking for more pizza, and pizza-inspired recipes, please click on the following titles for;
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for the Best Italian Sausage Pizza Burgers as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Cheers to a delicious pizza inspired burger!!! Salute!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!