Easy to make chicken artichoke pasta is full of creamy flavor thanks to the addition of cream cheese, and mashed avocado plus the artichokes and hot sauce give it a nice zip of flavor!
This chicken pasta dish freezes like a dream, so don’t be worried that it makes too much.
Why not divide the dish in half, or portion out a few different meals, and put it in the freezer for another time?
You’ll be happy to have this chicken pasta dish on hand when days are busy, and time is tight, but you still want hearty and comforting creamy chicken artichoke and avocado pasta for dinner.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making creamy chicken pasta with artichokes and avocados is available at the end of this post.
The ingredient list;
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- diced or shredded chicken (approximately 4 cups)
- avocado oil (olive oil or grapeseed may be substituted)
- farfalle pasta, cooked and drained
- onion, diced
- cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- Greek yogurt
- ground coriander
- fire-roasted chiles
- hot sauce
- canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed;
- large, high-sided skillet
- large pasta pot
- strainer or colander
- spatula or wooden spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- 9 x 13 casserole dish
- cooking spray
- medium bowl
- forks or a pastry blender (for mashing the avocados)
- cheese grater (optional)
Shortcuts for making chicken and pasta.
You can make today’s spicy chicken pasta recipe even faster and easier by substituting cut-up rotisserie chicken in place of the cooked chicken breast.
Or, as you’ll notice in the photos, I used some poached chicken breasts that I had leftover in the refrigerator. I cut the breasts into bite-sized pieces and took it from there.
How to freeze this chicken pasta casserole?
Once the dish has been baked and is completely cool, store it in an air-tight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat from frozen (only if the chicken and pasta is already in an oven-safe dish); Preheat oven to 350-degrees and heat through for approximately 60 minutes (uncovered for the first 30 minutes, and uncover for the last 30 minutes), or until the casserole is hot in the center.
To reheat once thawed; Spoon the chicken pasta into an oven-safe dish (if needed) and place it in a preheated 350-degree oven (covered) until the spicy chicken pasta is hot all the way through (approximately 20 minutes)
Reheating in a microwave will also work. Partially cover the thawed casserole and heat in a microwave-safe container until hot.
Does the hot sauce need to be added to this recipe?
Certainly not. If you’re not a fan of hot sauce, by all means, leave it out. The same thing goes for the fire-roasted chiles.
Both of these ingredients are optional, but ones I highly recommend you keep in the recipe if you want optimal flavor from this creamy chicken and pasta.
That said, the amount of these ingredients you decide to use is totally up to you, but trust me when I tell you that this easy chicken pasta recipe (as written) is not hot or spicy. It’s flavored to perfection, just the way it is!
How to make creamy chicken artichoke pasta with avocados;
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Cook the farfalle according to the package directions and drain.
- Toss the pasta with 1 tablespoon of oil and set aside.
- Saute the chopped onion in 2 tablespoons of avocado oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken, and drained and chopped artichokes.
- Cube the softened cream cheese and add it to the skillet along with the Greek yogurt, and fire-roasted chiles. Stir well to blend.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados along with the lemon juice.
- Add the mashed avocados and hot sauce to the skillet along with the ground coriander. Stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl or the large pasta pot, stir together the cooked and drained pasta along with the chicken and artichoke mixture to thoroughly combine.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon the creamy chicken and pasta mixture evenly into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken and pasta turn lightly brown and the Parmesan cheese melts.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Time to call your troops to the table. Dinner is ready!
Need suggestions of what to serve alongside this chicken and pasta dish? Below are a few fast and easy side dishes I think you’ll enjoy;
- Hearty Avocado Salad with Greek Dressing from Thrifty Jinxy
- Creamy Avocado Hollandaise over Roasted Asparagus (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
Upgrade your oven-roasted asparagus with this easy to make thick and creamy avocado hollandaise sauce. Your taste buds will thank you!
- Avocado Artichoke and Lentil Salad from Tasting Page
- Cream Braised Brussels Sprouts from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Jalapeno and Cheddar Cornbread (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“We are a family of cornbread lovers! I especially love to play around with the mix-ins and come up with fun new flavor combinations. This one for Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread is one of my family’s favorites!”
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s easy chicken pasta.
- 1 box (16 ounces) farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 4 cups diced chicken meat
- l large onion (approximately 1 cup), diced (I used a red onion)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Neufchatel cheese may be substituted), softened to room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can (15 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted chiles
- 2 medium avocados, mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated (or shredded) Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Toss the cooked and drained pasta with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and set aside.
- In a large, high-sided skillet, heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil over medium heat and add the prepared onion.
- Cook the onion, stirring occasionally for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken to the skillet with the onions and stir to combine.
- Cube the cream cheese and add it to the skillet along with the Greek yogurt, chopped artichokes, and fire-roasted chiles. Stir well.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados along with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mashed avocados to the skillet, along with the ground coriander, hot sauce, and the drained pasta. Stir well to combine.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray and spoon the chicken and pasta mixture evenly into the dish.
- Top the casserole evenly with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes until the top is just starting to brown and the Parmesan is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Cool completely before freezing.
Can be frozen in a freezer-safe, air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Reheat from frozen for 60-90 minutes, or thaw first and reheat for 30 minutes, covered.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 66mgSodium 437mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 19g
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s creamy and cheesy chicken pasta recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!