If you're like me, you love tiramisu but not the calories. Fear not! With this recipe for Skinny Tiramisu Parfaits, you can have your favorite Italian dessert but not feel one bit guilty!!
I originally shared this recipe in 2013. I've recently updated this post with additional information, including a recipe card complete with nutritional information, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Skinny Tiramisu Parfaits is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- espresso powder
- Neufchatel cheese
- fat-free whipped topping
- 1% milk
- sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- low-fat ricotta cheese
- almond extract
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cocoa powder
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- mixing bowls
- large zip-top bags or large piping bag
- pastry brush
- parfait/triffle dishes
- sieve or sugar shaker (optional)
Why this recipe works:
You'll get a WOW on presentation, a WOW on taste, and another WOW when you tell them these tiramisu parfaits are also low-cal!
Eating lighter doesn't have to be boring:
I'll admit it, I used to think that low-calorie "healthy" cooking was boring and unadventurous.
Over the past few months, however, I've discovered how wrong I was and how much I'm truly enjoying the full experience of cooking and baking lower-calorie meals and treats.
In addition, I've happily come to find out that I still enjoy cooking, baking, and EATING just as much as I ever did!
The only difference now is that I feel better than I did before and that, little by little, I'm seeing the difference on the scale and in the mirror.
Thankfully, healthier cooking and baking is not the sacrifice in taste (or fun) that I thought it would be, and I'm here to tell you, it's is lifestyle change we can (and will) be sticking to!
Can these skinny parfaits be made in advance?
Feel free to make these up to 2 days in advance of serving, and store them in the refrigerator.
What is Neufchatel cheese?
It's a French cheese that is very similar to cream cheese but the milk fat content is considerably lower.
Cream cheese has a milk fat content of 33% and Neufchatel cheese has a milk fat content of 23%.
Neufchatel cheese also has a slightly higher moisture content than standard cream cheese.
Can cream cheese be substituted for the Neufchatel cheese?
Just know that by doing so, the calorie count listed for these skinny parfaits will increase.
Can the rum be omitted from this recipe?
The step-by-step photo instructions for making skinny tiramisu parfaits:
- Dissolve the espresso powder in boiling water, and add rum. Stir and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the pudding mixes and the milk until thickened.
- With a hand mixer (or using a stand mixer) in a large bowl, whip the Neufchatel cheese and ricotta until smooth and creamy.
- Add the whipped cheese mixture into the pudding mixture and stir well to combine.
- Use a pastry brush to generously brush the espresso/rum mixture onto each ladyfinger.
- Gently break each soaked ladyfinger into smaller pieces to fit inside the parfait glasses.
- -Using six parfait glasses place a layer of soaked ladyfinger pieces in the bottom of each glass.
- -Spoon the pudding/cheese mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Gently squeeze the mixture into the bottom corner of the bag, and snip the corner with a scissors.
- Top the ladyfinger layer with the pudding/cheese mixture.
- Use the same technique with the whipped topping and the zip-top bag, piping a layer of whipped topping over the pudding/cheese layer.
- Continue with more soaked ladyfingers, the pudding/cheese mixture, and the whipped topping to finish.
- Sprinkle each parfait with a light dusting of cocoa powder and a small sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Additional calorie-counting recipes:
*Turkey Parmesan Stuffed Peppers (shown below and featured in the video)
Turkey Parmesan Stuffed Peppers is a delicious low-carb, low-calorie, and keto-friendly dish that is fast, delicious, and easy to make.
*Roasted Rainbow Trout with Rainbow Vegetables (not shown)
Roasted Rainbow Trout with rainbow vegetables brings the term “eating with your eyes” clearly into focus with this delicious and healthy recipe.
*Berry, Chicken and Avocado Salad (shown below)
This berry delicious Chicken Avocado Salad is my very favorite salad. While I don’t always add chicken, I do always make my own vinaigrette. It’s a wonderfully fruity compliment to this tasty, healthy, and satisfying salad.
*Quinoa Veggie Egg White Cups (not shown)
These healthy Quinoa Veggie Egg White Cups are low in calorie, high in protein and fiber, and they’re delicious. Not to mention you can make them one day and then have your grab and go breakfast for the rest of the week ready at your fingertips.
*Light, Fit, and Healthy Recipes (not shown)
These delicious light, fit, and healthy recipes are family tested and approved and have been given a solid two-thumbs-up rating by my family of picky eaters.
*Skinny Tiramisu Parfaits (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's low-calorie classic Italian dessert.
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Skinny Tiramisu Parfaits
- 4 ½ teaspoons instant espresso powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 cups cold 1% milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese at room temperature
- ⅓ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package ladyfingers (approximately 12)
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- cocoa powder (optional) for garnish
- -In a small bowl, dissolve the espresso powder in boiling water. And rum. Stir and set aside to cool.
- -In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mixes and the milk until thickened.
- -With a hand mixer (or using a stand mixer) in a large bowl, whip the Neufchatel cheese and ricotta until smooth and creamy.
- -Add the whipped cheese mixture into the pudding mixture and stir well to combine.
- -Using a pastry brush, generously brush the espresso/rum mixture onto each ladyfinger (you may also wish to dip the ladyfingers quickly into the espresso/rum mixture).
- -Gently break each soaked ladyfinger into smaller pieces to fit inside the parfait glasses.
- -Using six parfait glasses, place a layer of soaked ladyfinger pieces in the bottom of each glass.
- -Spoon the pudding/cheese mixture into a large zip-type plastic bag. Gently squeeze the mixture into the bottom corner of the bag. (You can also use a pastry bag), Snip the corner with a scissor.
- -Without using too much pressure, top the ladyfingers layer with the pudding/cheese mixture.
- -Using the same technique (with the whipped topping and the zip-type bag), pipe the whipped topping over the pudding/cheese layer.
- -Continue with the additional layers of soaked ladyfingers, pudding/cheese, and the whipped topping to finish.
- -Sprinkle each parfait with a light dusting of cocoa powder, and a small sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
- -Refrigerate at least 4 hours for best taste.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's no-bake, low-calorie dessert recipe for Skinny Tiramisu Parfaits as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!