If you can turn on the oven and boil water, then you'll be successful at making this delicious family favorite Roasted Tomato Bacon Basil Linguine.
Roasted tomato bacon pasta comes together in a snap, and only uses a handful of ingredients. The only thing you really need to do is turn on the oven to roast the tomatoes and bacon, and then boil water to cook the pasta. It really is that simple! Anyone can do it!
What type of pasta is best with this recipe?
This dish can be made with any type of pasta that is your favorite. I happen to enjoy linguine, and had it in my pantry, so that's what I used. Feel free to swap out whatever you have, and whatever is convenient.
How long does this dish take to make?
This roasted tomato bacon pasta takes approximately 30 minutes, from start to dinner, which makes it a stress-free recipe that will please the entire family any night of the week.
How to make Roasted Tomato Bacon Linguine:
- Place two pounds of grape or cherry tomatoes on a sheet pan (aluminum foil optional) and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Place 12 ounces of bacon on another sheet pan lined with a baking rack and roast them both in a 450-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and crumble the bacon.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta (I chose linguine) according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta, making sure to reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the roasted tomatoes (with their juice) and bacon into the pot, and toss with the drained pasta.
- Add as much of the reserved 1 cup of cooking water as desired to make a light sauce.
- Place the completed pasta in a large serving bowl, top with chiffonade (thin strips) or chopped basil leaves, and fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Make it a complete meal with these recipe suggestions:
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Roasted Tomato Bacon Linguine
- 24 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound linguine cooked according to package direction and drained (reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves torn or chiffonade (thin strips)
- ½ cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- -Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- -Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet (foil covered, if preferred for easier clean up), and drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- -Place the bacon in an even layer on a baking rack in a baking sheet (foil covered, if preferred for easier clean up).
- -Roast the tomatoes and bacon in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are blistered and the bacon is cooked to your preference. Crumble the bacon when cool enough to handle.
- -Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package directions and drain, making sure to reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- -Add the tomatoes (along with their juice), garlic, and crumbled into the pasta pot. Add the drained pasta back into the pot and toss with the tomatoes and bacon.
- -Add as much pasta cooking water as you prefer to make a light sauce. Tossing to combine.
- -To serve, turn the pasta out into a large bowl and garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
I'm so glad you've come to visit me in my Kudos Kitchen, and I hope I've inspired you to get cooking and baking in your own kitchen and not to be intimidated. After all, it's just food, and it should be as fun to make, as it is to eat. You can do this!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!