Roasted Garlic Cheese Bread with Rosemary and Smoked Mozzarella works equally well as a delicious appetizer, side dish for a bbq or family meal, or even a meatless entree.
It’s utterly delicious no matter how to plan to serve it!
Today’s quick and easy garlic bread takes advantage of store-bought and toasted Vienna bread which is then topped with oven-roasted garlic, smoked mozzarella cheese, and chopped fresh rosemary. Be still my heart!!
Oven-roasted garlic is so easy and delicious to make that you just might want to make extra to spread on your morning toast…but maybe that’s just me! 😉
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Cheesy Garlic Bread with Rosemary is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Vienna Bread or French Bread
- Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Whole Garlic Cloves, roasted
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Rosemary, minced
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- baking sheets
- aluminum foil
- serrated knife
- offset spatula
- cheese grater
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- measuring cups and spoons (optional)
The flavor of roasted garlic!
If you’ve never tasted roasted garlic, you don’t know what you’re missing. I strongly urge you to try it.
The flavor of the garlic turns mellow, and a little bit sweet.
The roasted and softened garlic cloves are not nearly as pungent and overpowering as raw garlic, and you can actually squeeze the roasted garlic “paste” right out of its paper-like container.
It is quite a lovely thing!
How to make roasted garlic?
- Slice the top off 2 heads of garlic. (see photos below)
- Wrap the bottom part of the garlic in a bit of aluminum foil.
- Discard the top.
- Drizzle the cut garlic with a little bit of olive oil and a light sprinkling of salt.
- Close the aluminum “package” and place the garlic in a preheated (425 degree) oven to roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Unwrap and squeeze the roasted garlic out of its paper shell and use it for any recipe where you want a mild, nutty garlic flavor.
Can roasted garlic be made in advance?
To make this Roasted Garlic Rosemary Cheese Bread a little faster to prepare, plan ahead and roast your garlic in advance of making this recipe.
Once roasted you can store your well-wrapped garlic in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
What herbs can be used in place of the rosemary for this garlic bread?
My suggestions are as follows, but feel free to experiment with some of your favorites;
Can roasted garlic bread be frozen?
After it’s been baked an fully cooled, wrap it well in foil or plastic wrap and keep in the freezer for up to two months.
Will the garlic cheese bread work for making a sandwich?
Do you even need to ask? LOL
I suggest the following items for sandwiching between two hunks of this amazing cheesy garlic bread;
- Italian beef
- Italian sausage
- turkey slices
- shredded rotisserie chicken
- pulled pork
- pork tenderloin slices
- thinly sliced cardboard 😉
- you get the gist!
How to make roasted garlic bread:
- Use a serrated knife to cut a long loaf of bread evenly down the center, horizontally.
- Bake the bread, cut side down in a preheated 425-degree oven until golden and toasted.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic onto the toasted bread and use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread it evenly from one end of the bread to the other.
- Grate the smoked mozzarella cheese and mince the rosemary.
- Spread the grated mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and herbs evenly onto the garlic bread and bake in a 425-degree oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and melted.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Can meat be added to this roasted garlic bread recipe?
Just make sure the meat is precooked and you’re good to go.
Might I suggest the following;
- cooked Italian sausage
- cooked chicken
- cooked smoked sausage
- cooked pork sausage
- cooked bratwurst
- cooked ground beef
- cooked ground pork
- cooked ground turkey
Roasted Garlic Bread with Rosemary and Smoked Mozzarella cheese makes a great BBQ side dish for whatever you’re serving.
Here are more delicious BBQ side dishes I know you’ll also enjoy:
- Best BBQ Side Dishes (pictured below) from all your favorite food bloggers from around the web.
With the help of this BBQ Side Dishes recipe roundup, your BBQ menu will keep your family and friends very full, and extremely happy!
Whether you’re working all day on a blue screen device, or in the kitchen, the following affiliate products are ones I can highly recommend to save your eyesight and your sanity.
Below is a photo of my blue blocker computer glasses in action! I swear by them! I work at the computer for what feels like all-day, every-day, and these glasses have relieved a great deal of eye-stress and migraine problems for me.
A neurologist was the one who recommended I get myself some, and it was the best thing he could have told me to do, so now I pass that information on to you!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s easy garlic bread recipe.
Roasted Garlic Cheesy Bread with Rosemary
For the roasted garlic;
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the cheese bread;
- 1 loaf Vienna or Italian Bread sliced in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary , fresh
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese , grated
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
To roast the garlic;
- Cut the heads off the garlic (approximately 1" down from the top).
- Drizzle the cut garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
To make the bread;
- Place the bread cut side down on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven when golden.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic onto the toasted bread and spread the garlic evenly over the bread.
- Top the garlic bread evenly with the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and sprinkle with minced rosemary and black pepper.
- Return the garlic cheese bread to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is golden and bubbly (approximately 15 minutes).
- Slice and serve hot or at room temperature
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for garlic cheese bread with rosemary as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!