Even a newbie to the world of baking can knock these Strawberry Cobbler Bars out of the park, and I'm here to show you how.
You're going to love the flavor of these Strawberry Cobbler Bars. The dough is sweet, but not overly sweet. And the strawberry filling is soft and tart, making it the perfect complement to the crunchy almond topping.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making easy strawberry cobbler bars is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" text (below) to be taken directly to the printable recipe.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list:
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- pure vanilla extract
- strawberry jam
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large bowls
- wooden spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
- offset spatula
- aluminum foil
- 8" x 8" baking pan
- paring knife
- cutting board
Why this recipe works?
Beyond the flavor of these bars, what you're really going to love is how fast and easy they are to assemble and bake.
There is no electric mixer required, and the ingredients are some basic refrigerator and pantry staples such as flour, sugar, butter, eggs, strawberry jam, and a handful of fresh strawberries.
These bars are so easy to make that even a novice baker can turn these out like a pro, and then stand back and take a big bow because you'll be hearing some applause.
An easy tip for pan removal and slicing:
A quick tip and trick I used in making these Strawberry Cobbler Bars easy to remove from the baking pan after baking is to line an 8"x 8" baking dish with aluminum foil and liberally spray the pan (and foil) with baking spray.
Making sure to leave enough foil to overhang on two sides of the pan is the key to being able to grab the foil and gently lift the bars out of the dish and onto a flat surface for additional cooling before slicing the cobbler into bars.
When to serve strawberry cobbler bars?
These easy to make fruit bars would be perfect to serve a small gathering for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even brunch.
They'd also be perfect to whip up for a Mother's Day celebration, or, with the addition of a few fresh blueberries, they'd make a delicious red, white, and blue patriotic dessert for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July. Can't you just picture it?
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's easy strawberry dessert bars.
Printable Recipe Card
Strawberry Cobbler Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) softened butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 7-8 fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Tools and equipment
- 1 8" x 8" baking dish
- aluminum foil
- baking spray
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large bowl
- wooden spoon or spatula
- offset spatula optional
- Line the baking dish with the aluminum foil making sure to leave a few inches on two ends of the foil to grab and lift after the bars are fully baked.
- Liberally spray the dish and the foil with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add ½ cup of granulated sugar and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and stir the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture until a smooth, soft dough forms.
- Spoon half of the dough into the prepared baking dish and with a spoon or offset spatula, smooth the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Place the strawberry jam over the crust layer of the bars, and use a spoon or offset spatula to evenly spread the jam over the dough.
- Top the jam with an even layer of sliced strawberries.
- Use the remaining dough to evenly dollop over the entire top of the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with the sliced almonds and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cobbler bars from the semi-cooled pan by gently lifting, using the aluminum foil excess on the opposite sides of the pan.
- Place the semi-cooled bars on a flat surface and allow to cool completely.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy strawberry cobbler bars recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!