This delicious and sweet No-Knead Apple Yeast Bread is moist and flavorful. It’s loaded with lots of fresh apple chunks and plenty of warm cinnamon. The aroma of it baking in the oven is something you need to experience!
If you’ve shied away from baking yeast bread before because you think they’re complicated and fiddly what with all that kneading, this easy apple bread is right up your alley!
This dough basically takes only two bowls, one spoon, and a little bit of rising time. You really can’t get any easier or less fiddly than that!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making No-Knead Apple Yeast Bread is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” text (found below) to be taken directly to the recipe.Jump to Recipe
How long will this apple bread take to make from start to finish?
- The first thing you’ll notice about this dough is how wet it is. It’s not at all stiff or firm dough, so don’t be concerned. That said, because this dough is so wet, the rise times and bake time will be longer than your average yeast bread, so please plan accordingly.
- This apple yeast bread will take two risings at 60 minutes each, and one bake at approximately 90 minutes.
- All total, you’re looking at approximately 6 hours from start to finish, and this includes the cool down time.
- Having said that, the hands-on time involved is only like 30 minutes total. You can go about your business doing your own thing while the bread rises and bakes. You won’t need to babysit or fuss with it. Yay!
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- 3 apples, peeled and diced (I used Pink Lady)
- ground cinnamon
- grated nutmeg
- lemon juice
- all-purpose flour
- confectioners sugar (optional)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- apple peeler
- citrus press (optional)
- mixing bowls
- fresh nutmeg grater (optional)
- wooden spoons or spatulas
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- loaf pan (standard size)
- plastic wrap
- baking spray
- baking sheet (optional)
- cooling rack
- confectioners sugar shaker (optional)
The easy instructions for making No-Knead Apple Yeast Bread:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl heat butter and honey.
- Add the milk and eggs.
- Whisk the wet ingredients and add them to the dry ingredients.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon until completely incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise (it will not quite double in volume) for 60 minutes in a warm (not hot) place.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the apples into approximately ½” pieces.
- Place the apples in a medium-sized bowl and toss them with fresh lemon juice.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg to the apples and toss to coat.
- After the first rise, uncover the dough and deflate by stirring.
- Spoon half of the dough into a prepared loaf pan which has been sprayed liberally with baking spray.
- Top the layer of dough with half of the prepared diced apples.
- Top the apples with the remaining dough and top the second layer of dough with the remaining apples.
- Allow the bread to rise again in a warm, draft-free place for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until a pick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, and then turn the loaf out of the pan and cool completely before slicing.
Ready for something really special?
Fry a slice in BUTTER!!
Yeah, you read that correctly. It’s like an apple French toast, but without having to dip it in egg, OR cover it with maple syrup!
You guys…it’s like the best thing EVER!!
Can this no knead yeast bread be frozen?
It sure can!
Wrap it well in plastic wrap and you can freeze this bread (either in individual slices, or the entire loaf) for up to three months.
Want more yummy apple recipes?
- Amazing Apple Recipe Roundup
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate & Pecan
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Caramelized Apple
- Deconstructed Apple Pie Wedges
- Colorful Autumn Leaves Apple Pie
Want more delicious recipes using yeast?
- German Bee Sting Yeast Cake
- Oatmeal Honey Bread with Sunflower Seeds
- Whole Wheat Dijon Pretzel Bread
- Homemade Rye Bread with Dill
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s No-Knead Apple Yeast Bread with Cinnamon & Sugar.
- 3 apples peeled and diced into ½” chunks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- confectioners sugar optional
To make the dough;
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
In a small bowl heat butter and honey to warm. Add the milk and eggs and whisk to combine.
Stir well with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are completely incorporated.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise (it will not quite double in volume) for 60 minutes in a warm (not hot) place.
Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl, stir well and set aside.
After the first rise, uncover the dough and deflate by gently stirring once or twice.
Spoon half of the dough into a prepared loaf pan which has been sprayed liberally with baking spray.
Top the layer of dough with half of the prepared diced apples.
Top the apples with the remaining dough and top the second layer of dough with the remaining apples.
Allow the bread to rise again in a warm, draft-free place for 50 – 60 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until a pick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, and then turn the loaf out of the pan and cool completely before slicing.
Tools and equipment;
large bowl, medium bowl, small bowl, peeler, chef’s knife, cutting board, whisk, wooden spoon, plastic wrap, loaf pan, baking sheet, baking spray, measuring cups, measuring spoons, cooling rack, serrated knife.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe sweet apple bread recipe just as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!