With fresh blueberries and peaches coming into season, this easy to make Berry Fresh Blueberry Peach Crisp is a delicious dessert you’re going to want to make time and again.
There is something comforting and charmingly old-fashioned about a crumble or crisp. It’s like a dessert-hug grandma would have made and given for Sunday dinner when the family was coming over.
I think any grandma would be proud and pleased to place this Berry Fresh Blueberry Peach Crisp on the dinner table in front of the family. And hopefully, someday maybe I’ll be that grandma. *wink* Not that I’m reporting news or anything here. LOL
The ingredient list for making Berry Fresh Blueberry Peach Crisp;
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- quick-cooking oats
- peach pie filling
- fresh (or frozen) peaches or nectarines
- fresh (or frozen) blueberries
If you’d like to make this recipe for Berry Fresh Blueberry Peach Crisp year-round when fresh berries and peaches or nectarines are no longer in season, please feel free to use frozen fruit. Just make sure you gently thaw the fruit before proceeding with the recipe.
For other delicious Kudos Kitchen fresh blueberry recipe ideas, please click on the following titles for;
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Sweet Corn and Blueberries
- Easy Lemon Ricotta Cake with Blueberries
- No Churn Lemon Ice Cream with Blueberries and Malibu Rum
- Blueberry Chile Chicken Skillet
Blueberry Peach Crisp
For the crust and filling:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can peach pie filling
- 3 fresh peaches or nectarines, pitted and sliced thinly
- 1½ pints fresh blueberries
For the streusel topping
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
To make the crust and filling:
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the butter mixture and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the dough evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 11 baking dish that has been sprayed liberally with baking spray.
- Spread the canned peaches evenly over the crust layer in the baking dish. Top the canned peached with the fresh slices of peaches or nectarines and top with the blueberries. Set aside.
To make the crisp topping;
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the crisp ingredients to form a crumbly, sandy mixture.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over top of the fruit filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the crisp topping is golden brown and the fruit filling is starting to bubble up along the sides.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe and video for Berry Fresh Blueberry Peach Crisp as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else you see on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!