With the help of grocery store pop-tube rolls, these sweet streusel strawberry crescent muffins will be a welcome addition to any breakfast or brunch menu!
Of all the convenience foods in the market the pop-tube dough (crescent dough, in particular), is my favorite.
Pop crescent rolls so versatile and can be used in all kinds of sweet and savory dishes. From appetizers to desserts, and everything in between!
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Can the perforated crescent roll dough be used to make this recipe?
- Can other fruit be used in this recipe?
- Can jam be used in place of the fresh fruit in this recipe?
- How to make strawberry crescent muffins:
- More refrigerated tube biscuit recipes:
- Printable Recipe Card
For this easy crescent roll muffin recipe, I used two tubes of crescent dough sheets and then sprinkled them with a mixture of granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and lots of chopped, fresh, strawberries.
The result is a deliciously tempting muffin that's super simple to make and utterly delicious!
The ingredient list:
- 2 tubes crescent roll sheets (not the perforated kind)
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- quick-cooking oats
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- fresh strawberries
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
**Note - The following lists kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- paring knife
- muffin tin
- muffin or cupcake liners
- baking spray
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- medium bowl
- small bowls
- wooden spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
- butter knife or offset spatula
Can the perforated crescent roll dough be used to make this recipe?
If that's all you have on hand or all you can find in the market, using the perforated crescent roll dough is perfectly fine.
You'll just need to take the time to press all the perforations together to form solid sheets of dough.
Can other fruit be used in this recipe?
I like to use fresh fruit and substitutions like apples, blueberries, cherries, pears (you get the idea) would all work well for this easy breakfast muffin recipe.
That said, peel the fruit (if needed), and chop into small pieces. Since the baking time is relatively short for these muffins the small pieces will cook faster and yield a softer end product.
Can jam be used in place of the fresh fruit in this recipe?
That's a wonderful idea!!
I would spread a thin layer of jam over the butter layer and continue with the recipe as written.
How to make strawberry crescent muffins:
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spray them with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to crumble together the all-purpose flour, quick oats, brown sugar, salt, and butter. Set aside.
- Pat out the two tubes of crescent dough making a long rectangle.
- Press the two pieces together to make one long piece.
- If any holes form, press those together as well.
- Spread softened butter over the surface of the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly on top of the butter.
- Chop approximately 1½ cups of strawberries.
- Spread the chopped strawberries evenly over the cinnamon sugar.
- Gently roll the dough, lengthwise to form a long, jelly roll snake.
- Cut the jellyroll snake into 12 equal pieces and place one cut piece into each of the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the prepared streusel topping on each crescent muffin.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove the muffins from the tin.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Now that you know how easy these strawberry crescent muffins are to make, why not get busy and make some today?
More refrigerated tube biscuit recipes:
- Hard-Boiled Egg Stuffed Biscuits (highlighted in the featured video)
- Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza
- Raspberry Spice Monkey Bread
- Bratwurst Bite Appetizers
- Pumpkin Crescent Pinwheel Appetizers
- Coconut Caramel Crescent Ring
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Strawberry Crescent Muffins
To make the filling:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup chopped, fresh strawberries
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
To make the streusel topping:
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter cold
- pinch coarse salt
For the dough:
- 2 tubes crescent roll dough, sheets
To make the filling:
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Set Aside.
To make the streusel topping:
- In a medium bowl, use your fingers or a pastry blender to work the cold butter into the oats, brown sugar, flour, salt and 2 tablespoons cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
For the dough:
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Place 12 muffin liners into a muffin pan and spray the liners with baking spray.
- Press out both of the crescent roll sheets to form one long rectangle, pressing the two pieces together to form one.
- Spread the softened butter evenly over the entire surface of the dough.
- Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the surface of the dough and top the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly with the chopped strawberries.
- Carefully roll the dough, jelly-roll fashion, lengthwise to form a large snake. Trim the ends (if needed).
- Slice the dough snake into 12 even pieces and place each piece into one of the prepared muffin liners in the muffin tin.
- Place the muffins in a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
- Cool the muffins in the muffin tin for 10 minutes and then remove the muffins from the tin to cool completely.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's quick, easy, and delicious breakfast muffin recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!