Make this sunny side up Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Whichever you choose, it's always a winner!
I haven't shared a breakfast pizza recipe in quite a few years, so I thought it was time to come up with something new.
The last one I shared, I called Easy Breakfast Pizza, and it dates back to 2011.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- pop-tube crescent rolls (you know the ones)
- frozen shredded hash browns
- American cheese slices
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- diced ham
- chopped scallions
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- baking sheet
- large skillet
- slotted spatula
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- kitchen timer
Why this recipe works:
This hash brown and egg breakfast can feed several hungry people, it's extremely delicious, and everyone loves it!
Does this breakfast pizza reheat well?
The night I made this pizza (we had it for dinner), and I wasn't feeding several hungry people. It was only my husband and myself. Don't judge. LOL
My point in telling you that was because this savory breakfast pizza reheated very well the very next day when my husband took to work for lunch.
Naturally, the egg yolks were no longer runny due to the reheat, but he said it still tasted great!
We got several successful reheats out of it!
However, if you don't like leftovers, and you don't have a lot of people to feed, invite some over and have a hash brown breakfast pizza party!! 🙂
What type of toppings to use?
Since I had some leftover ham in the fridge, that's what I used.
But if you'd like to add some pre-cooked bacon or sausage to your breakfast pizza instead of ham, by all means, go for it.
Or, if you'd like to leave the meat off entirely, do it! It's your pizza, make it your way!
Or, how about adding some sautéed vegetables if the mood strikes? I'm actually rather surprised I didn't add any in the first place... I must be slipping. LOL
How to make hash brown breakfast pizza:
- Roll out two tubes of pop crescent dough onto a 13" x 9" baking sheet.
- Partially bake the dough in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top evenly with slices of American cheese (or your favorite variety of cheese).
- While the crust is parbaking, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add one package (30 ounces) of frozen shredded hash browns that have been partially thawed.
- Allow the potatoes to cook in the skillet for 5 minutes before stirring.
- While the potatoes are cooking, dice up two cups of ham.
- Stir the potatoes and add 1 teaspoon coarse salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and the ham.
- Stir and continue cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the cooked potatoes and ham evenly over the prepared crescent crust with cheese.
- Make 8 wells in the hash brown topping and carefully crack 8 eggs into each of the wells.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake the Hash Brown Breakfast pizza for an additional 20-25 until the eggs are your desired doneness.
- Top the pizza with chopped scallions if desired and serve immediately.
Additional savory breakfast recipes:
Cheesy Scrambled Egg and Sausage Breakfast Sliders (featured in the video)
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's savory breakfast pizza.
If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Sunny Side Up Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 1 bag (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns , partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt plus additional for the eggs
- ½ teaspoon black pepper plus additional for the eggs
- 2 cups diced ham
- 12 slices American cheese
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped scallions if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out and press the crescent dough evenly into a 13" x 9" baking sheet, closing all the perforations.
- Bake the dough in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the oven and place the cheese slices evenly spaced over the top of the dough. Set aside.
- While the dough is pre-baking heat the butter and oil a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add the potatoes in an even layer in the skillet and allow to cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Stir the potatoes and add 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and the ham. Stir well.
- Cook the potatoes and ham for an additional 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Carefully spoon the potatoes and ham mixture evenly over the partially baked crescent roll and cheese slices.
- Use a spoon to make 8 wells in the hash brown potato mixture and carefully drop 8 eggs into the wells. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Place the hash brown breakfast pizza back into the oven to cook for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your desired preference.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the chopped scallions, if desired.
- Cut the pizza into squares and serve hot.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this recipe for Hash Brown Breakfast Pizza as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!