These easy to make Hard Boiled Egg Stuffed Biscuits with Ham & Cheese can be made in a matter of minutes with the help of a few supermarket convenience foods. They’re the perfect a grab-and-go breakfast which will please the entire family!
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. This recipe for Hard Boiled Egg Stuffed Biscuits is one I came up with a few years ago in the hopes it would gain me entry in the iconic Pillsbury Bake-Off. Sadly, I never heard anything back regarding my submission, but I never forgot about this recipe and promised myself that one day I’d add it to the blog. Today is that day!
The ingredient list for making Hard Boiled Stuffed Biscuits:
You’ll need hard-boiled eggs. Normally I’d hard-boil my own eggs, but for the purposes of this recipe being easy and quick I used the pre-boiled, pre-peeled eggs which you can buy in the dairy section of the grocery store. You’ll also need thinly sliced ham, shredded cheese, canned flaky biscuits, butter, and poppy seeds (optional).
This is the first time I’d ever purchased the pre-boiled, pre-peeled eggs, and now that I have, I’m thinking they’re a HUGE game changer. Especially for someone like me who has always had trouble peeling the eggs cleanly after they’ve been cooked, and I’m not afraid to admit it!
If you haven’t tried them before, I’m here to tell you they’re an awesome product with no ugly grey/green ring around the yolk that happens if you cook the eggs a fraction of a moment too long. Been there, done that!
- 8 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1 tube flaky biscuits separated into 8 biscuits
- 8 slices ham thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded cheese blend or your favorite flavor
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the tube of biscuits and flatten each one to form an approximate 5" circle
- Sprinkle each flattened biscuit with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Top each flattened biscuit with a slice of ham and approximately 2 teaspoons of the cheese.
- Add a hard-boiled egg to each biscuit and bring up the sides of each biscuit to encase the egg, making sure to pinch the edges closed.
- Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Place each egg stuffed biscuit, seam side down, in the muffin tin.
- *NOTE - to fill the tin, you'll need additional ingredients. Please plan accordingly.
- Brush the tops of each egg biscuit with the melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuits are puffed and golden.
- Cool slightly and then serve hot or warm.
- To reheat, wrap each in a paper towel and heat in the microwave on medium power until warm.
- OR, reheat in a 326-degree oven for 10 minutes, or until warm.
Tools and equipment:
Muffin tin, pastry brush, non-stick spray
You’ll notice that these Hard Boiled Stuffed Biscuits with Ham & Cheese are similar to Scotch eggs, which were actually my inspiration for this recipe. Since I’m a savory breakfast lover, I have many different savory egg recipes on my blog which I’ve shared over the years. Below are just a few. By clicking on the title of the recipe you’re interested in, you’ll be taken directly to that particular recipe to learn more about it, and for printing should you decide it’s one you’ll enjoy.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Hard Boiled Egg Stuffed Biscuits with Ham & Cheese as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Should you have any questions or comments about this recipe, or anything else you see on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as possible.
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware and fabric items, please follow me on:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!