Red, White, & Blue Dessert Nachos are a patriotic sweet treat your family and friends will rave about. Homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are generously topped with red and blue seasonal berries, a white chocolate drizzle, and sweetened coconut.
Three cheers for this red, white and blueberry dessert nacho recipe.
These tasty and crunchy cinnamon sugar nacho chips super easy to make and they're especially fun to eat!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Patriotic Dessert Nachos with Cinnamon Sugar is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making Red, White, & Blue Dessert Nachos;
- Flour Tortillas
- Coconut Spray
- Granulated Sugar
- White Chocolate
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Raspberries or Strawberries
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut
When inspiration hits;
The idea for these festive and delicious red, white, & blue dessert nachos came to me one night while I was laying in bed after waking from a sound sleep.
While I was patiently waiting for the sandman to come and whisk me back off to dreamland, I had a lightbulb moment.
I don't know about you, but some of my best ideas come to me in the middle of the night when I wake from a sound sleep. It's a good thing I've learned to keep a notepad and pen on my nightstand so I can write things down so I won't forget my ideas in the morning.
If there's one thing I'm certain of, these incredibly delicious patriotic nachos are worth remembering!
Why this dessert nacho recipe works;
My favorite thing about these dessert nachos may be the homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips that are so, so easy to make and taste just like cinnamon toast crunch cereal.
Of course, the white chocolate drizzle and fresh raspberries and blueberries don't hurt either. Not to mention the sweetened flaked coconut which tops these yummy nachos to perfection.
Serve these patriotic dessert nachos for Memorial Day, and the 4th of July! I promise you'll hear all the "oohs" and "aahs" from your family and friends, just as if they were watching the fireworks in the night sky!
Can I make these dessert nachos ahead of time?
If needed, make the cinnamon sugar nacho chips in advance and then keep them loosely covered at room temperature for up to 2 days.
As far as topping the chips with the berries, chocolate, and coconut, I suggest you do that the same day you're serving the nachos.
Can dessert nachos be frozen?
No. The chips won't be crispy once thawed, and the berries will be mushy.
Additional suggested toppings for dessert nachos;
- Chopped Nuts (your favorite variety)
- Whipped Cream
- M & M's
- Reeses Pieces
- Gummy candy
- Dark Chocolate
- Toffee Pieces
- Rice Krispies
- Just about anything you can think of...
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for Patriotic Dessert Nachos if desired.
For other tasty and fun Red, White & Blue food, please click on the following titles for;
- Red, White & Blue Sugared Cherries
- Stuffed Red, White & Blue French Toast
- Patriotic White Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies
The easy instructions for making Patriotic Dessert Nachos;
- Place a rack in a baking sheet that has been lined aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Lay 6 flour tortillas on the rack and spray each side liberally with coconut oil spray.
- Use a pair of kitchen shears to cut each tortilla into 6 triangle chips.
- Lay the triangles evenly on the rack and bake them in a preheated 425-degree oven until the chips are crisp and golden.
- Remove the chips from the oven and spray them once again with additional coconut oil spray.
- Sprinkle each chip liberally with granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Pile the chips onto a serving platter.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave on medium power until melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate liberally over the chips and immediately add the berries over top.
- Top the chips with the berries and drizzle again with remaining melted chocolate.
- Top with the flaked coconut.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Patriotic Dessert Nachos.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post, OR in the recipe card feature itself. 🙂
Patriotic Dessert Nachos
- 6 6" flour tortillas
- coconut oil spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add a baking rack into a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place 6 tortillas on the rack and spray each side liberally with the coconut oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the chips are lightly browned.
- Spray the chips again with the coconut oil and sprinkle them with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the chips randomly on a serving plate.
- Microwave the chocolate chips on medium power for 20-second intervals, stirring until completely melted.
- Use a fork to drizzle half of the melted white chocolate evenly over the cinnamon sugar chips.
- While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle the raspberries and blueberries randomly on the chips.
- Drizzle the top of the berries with the remaining melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve and ENJOY!!!
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this recipe for patriotic dessert as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Since summertime is also picnic season, I've decided to coordinate this recipe with this fun set of hand-painted Picnic Ants champagne flutes and wine glasses that a customer ordered from me last year. I only wish I knew what they were going to do with all these ants because I'll bet it was one heck of a party!
And I also couldn't close out a recipe post for Red, White and Blue Dessert Nachos that referrers to Memorial Day and the 4th of July without including some of my hand painted patriotic pilsners...BOOM!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you've seen on my site, please don't hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note - The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!