Red, White and Blue Dessert Nachos are a patriotic sweet treat your family and friends will rave about. Homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are generously topped with red and blue seasonal berries, a white chocolate drizzle, and sweetened coconut.
Welcome to day three of “Berry Week” here at Kudos Kitchen, and it’s only fitting that I end the week on a sweet note with these Red, White and Blue Dessert Nachos.
This recipe idea for these festive and patriotic dessert nachos came to me one night while I was laying in bed after waking from a sound sleep and was patiently waiting for the sandman to come and whisk me back off to dreamland. It’s a good thing that I’ve learned to keep a notepad and pen on my nightstand so I can write things down when I think of them, and I won’t forget my ideas in the morning.
My favorite thing about these dessert nachos may be the homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips that are so, so easy to make and taste just like cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Of course, the white chocolate drizzle and fresh raspberries and blueberries don’t hurt either. Not to mention the sweetened flaked coconut which tops these yummy nachos to perfection.
Serve these Red, White and Blue Dessert Nachos for Memorial Day and the 4th of July, and I promise you’ll hear all the “oohs” and “aahs” from your family and friends, just as if they were watching fireworks in the night sky!
Making Red, White and Blue Dessert Nachos is easy and quick. See below for my easy step-by-step instructions:
Place a rack in a baking sheet that has been lined aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lay 6 flour tortillas on the rack and spray each side liberally with coconut oil spray. Use a pair of kitchen shears to cut each tortilla into 6 triangle chips.
Lay the triangles evenly on the rack and bake them in a preheated 425-degree oven until the chips are crisp and golden. Remove the chips from the oven and spray them once again with additional coconut oil spray. Sprinkle each chip liberally with granulated sugar…
…and ground cinnamon. Pile the chips onto a serving platter. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave on medium power until melted. Drizzle the chocolate liberally over the chips and immediately add the berries over top.
Drizzle the berries again with the remaining melted chocolate and top with the flaked coconut. Serve and ENJOY!
- 6 - 6" flour tortillas
- organic coconut oil spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sweetened, flaked coconut (optional)
- baking sheet
- parchment paper or aluminum foil
- baking rack
- medium size microwave safe bowl
- small spatula or spoon
- serving plate
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add a baking rack into a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place 6 tortillas on the rack and spray each side liberally with the coconut oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the chips are lightly browned.
- Spray the chips again with the coconut oil and sprinkle them with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the chips randomly on a serving plate.
- Microwave the chocolate chips on medium power for 20 second intervals, stirring until completely melted.
- Use a fork to drizzle half of the melted white chocolate evenly over the cinnamon sugar chips.
- While the chocolate is still "wet" sprinkle the raspberries and blueberries randomly on the chips.
- Drizzle the top of the berries with the remaining melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve and ENJOY!!!
The coconut in this recipe may be omitted.
Feel free to substitute chopped strawberries for the raspberries if preferred.
Thank you for joining me this week as we’ve celebrated summer’s bounty of beautiful berries. I hope you’ve enjoyed these recipes as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing them to you! From appetizers to main courses and desserts, berries make everything better!
Since summertime is also picnic season, I’ve decided to coordinate this recipe with this fun set of hand painted Picnic Ants champagne flutes and wine glasses that a customer ordered from me last year. I only wish I knew what they were going to do with all these ants, because I’ll bet it was one heck of a party!
And I also couldn’t close out a recipe post for Red, White and Blue Dessert Nachos that referrers to Memorial Day and the 4th of July without including some of my hand painted patriotic pilsners…BOOM!
All of my hand painted glassware items are completely dishwasher and microwave safe as well as being non-toxic. Custom and special orders are always welcomed and encouraged. I will happily paint and design from any photo, idea or description you send my way. Most every item comes in its own gift box making them perfect for gift giving. For a price quote or to discuss your design, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Or, you can visit one of my shops: Etsy, Wazala, and Kudos Kitchen Paints.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!