Don't have time to bake from scratch? No problem! This delicious Raspberry Spice Monkey Bread comes together in a matter of minutes using tube biscuits, raspberry jam and cinnamon sugar.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making easy raspberry spice monkey bread is available at the end of this post. OR you can click on "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
- refrigerated tube biscuits
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- raspberry jam or jelly (or your favorite flavor)
- almond extract
- slivered almonds
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups and spoons
- baking spray
- 9" springform pan (or bundt pan)
- baking sheet
- parchment paper (optional)
- cooling rack
The ease of store-bought biscuits:
One of my very favorite convenience foods in the grocery store is the tube biscuits you find in the refrigerated section.
You know the ones.
They're the little devils that, even though you know the "pop" is coming when the seal on the tube is released, somehow you're still startled when it does.
It happens to me every. single. time. LOL
Feel free to personalize this recipe.
This recipe uses two tubes of canned biscuits. You can use your favorite brand, variety, or whatever canned biscuit happens to be on sale at the time.
The only other ingredients you'll need are some cinnamon sugar, raspberry jam, melted butter, almond extract, and some blanched slivered almonds.
Or, if you're not a fan of nuts, you can, by all means, leave those out.
Of course, you may always substitute another nut for the almonds depending on what you have on hand or whatever your favorite nut might be.
Does a springform pan need to be used?
You'll notice in the video that I made this Raspberry Spice Monkey Bread in a springform pan.
However, if you don't have a springform pan, you can also make this monkey bread in a bundt pan if that's what you have in your kitchen.
Tips for making this in a bundt pan:
The only change I suggest you make if using a bundt pan is to spray the pan liberally with baking spray.
Next, drizzle a little bit of the jam mixture into the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with almonds before layering the biscuits and drizzling in the remainder of the jam.
Since anything baked in a bundt pan needs to be turned out before serving, this way you'll still have some of the jam and the almonds on the top of the monkey bread when you're ready to serve and it will be pretty.
Should you have any questions for me regarding this technique, please don't hesitate to leave me a comment or contact me. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
How long will this recipe take to make from start to finish?
It will take approximately 10 minutes to prepare, and 50-60 minutes to bake.
Factor in a little cooling time before serving and you're looking at approximately 1½ hours, so please plan accordingly.
A perfect breakfast recipe for Mother's Day:
This Raspberry Spice Monkey Bread is the kind of delicious treat I know would make any mom very happy if she received this for breakfast on Mother's Day.
Serve it with a hot cup of coffee or tea, and maybe a nice bowl of fruit salad, and mom will be one very happy lady!
Want more easy recipe suggestions for Mother's day?
Egg Salad Canapes (pictured below)
With a little preparation the night before, you can serve mom breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day in only a matter of minutes with these easy Creamy Egg Salad Canapes.
Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg (pictured below)
Avocado toast gets an upgrade with the addition of bacon, egg, and hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg is the perfect sandwich for any time of day!
Fabulous Brunch Recipe for All Occasions (pictured below)
Who doesn’t love a good brunch? Nobody that I know of. Find amazing brunch recipes here for any and every celebration, or average weekend you could name!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's easy and sweet raspberry spice pull-apart bread recipe.
If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Raspberry Spice Monkey Bread
- 2 tubes pop biscuits your favorite variety from the refrigerated section
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup blanched slivered almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the biscuits into pieces and place them all in a large bowl.
- Toss the cut biscuits with cinnamon and sugar until coated evenly.
- Mix the jam, melted butter, and almond extract to combine.
- Spray a 9" springform pan with baking spray.
- Place half of the cinnamon-sugar biscuits evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Drizzle half of the raspberry butter mixture evenly over the biscuits.
- Layer the remaining biscuits and evenly drizzle the remaining raspberry butter mixture.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and bake the monkey bread in a preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the monkey bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before running a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen.
- Proceed to remove the collar from the springform pan altogether and cool until ready to serve.
- Best served slightly warm or at room temperature.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy breakfast coffeecake recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!