Once you taste this Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry side dish you’ll be smitten with its delicious flavor and colorful appearance!
This healthy dish of Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with Pistachios came about one night when I was contemplating what to serve alongside some fish I was cooking for dinner.
Since I had strawberries in the fridge that I needed to use before they spoiled, I tossed some into the sautéed creamed spinach I was preparing. The completed dish tasted amazing, and turned out to be a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberries is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach with Strawberries & Pistachios is short and sweet. You’ll need;
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- fresh strawberries
- heavy cream
- grated nutmeg
- avocado (or olive) oil
- shelled pistachios
- salt and pepper
What are some of the health benefits of sautéed spinach?
- When you eat spinach which has been heated you will absorb higher levels of vitamins E and A, fiber, zinc, calcium, iron, and protein.
What are some of the health benefits of strawberries?
- Strawberries are abundant in vitamins C and B9 which promotes normal tissue growth and cell function.
- Strawberries are also high in manganese and potassium which helps to regulate blood pressure.
What about pistachios? Are there health benefits to pistachios as well?
You bet. Did you know…
- Pistachios contain more antioxidants than most seeds and nuts. Only pecans and walnuts contain more.
- Among other nuts, pistachios contain the highest content of lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which are very important antioxidants for eye health.
- Pistachios have a higher ratio than any other nut of amino acids, which are the essential building blocks of protein.
For additional recipes containing spinach (both cooked and raw), please click on the following titles for;
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with Pistachios side dish. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you.Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with PistachiosPrep Time5 minsCook Time10 minsTotal Time15 minsOnce you taste this recipe for Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry you'll be smitten with the warm and delicious flavors of a dish which is typically served as a salad.Course: healthy side dish, Vegetable - Side DishCuisine: American, heart healthy cuisineKeyword: healthy sauteed spinach, sauteed spinach & strawberryServings: 4 servingsCalories: 207 kcalIngredients
- 8 - 10 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or other light colored oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream, or half and half
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered and halved
In a large skillet heat the oil and butter over medium/low heat.
Add in shallot to the pan and cook, stirring for 1 - 2 minutes.
Add the spinach to the pan, stirring well. Allow the spinach to cook, stirring occasionally until it's almost completely wilted and has shrunk considerably in volume. **Note - this will happen quickly.
Add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the spinach. Stir well.
Add the cream to the spinach and reduce the heat to low.
Stir in the strawberries and cook on low, stirring occasionally until the strawberries are heated through and warm but not mushy. Remove from heat.
Spoon the sauteed spinach and strawberries into a serving bowl and garnish with shelled pistachios.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Tools and equipment;
large skillet, paring knife, chef's knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, measuring cups, microplane (for grating nutmeg).Nutrition FactsHealthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with PistachiosAmount Per Serving (1 cup)Calories 207* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with Pistachios as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!