Once you taste this Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry side dish you'll be smitten with its delicious flavor and colorful appearance!
This healthy dish of Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with Pistachios came about one night when I was contemplating what to serve alongside some fish I was cooking for dinner.
Since I had strawberries in the fridge that I needed to use before they spoiled, I tossed some into the sautéed creamed spinach I was preparing. The completed dish tasted amazing, and turned out to be a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberries is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list:
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- fresh strawberries
- heavy cream
- grated nutmeg
- avocado (or olive) oil
- shelled pistachios
- salt and pepper
What are some of the health benefits of sautéed spinach?
- When you eat spinach that has been heated you will absorb higher levels of vitamins E and A, fiber, zinc, calcium, iron, and protein.
What are some of the health benefits of strawberries?
- Strawberries are abundant in vitamins C and B9 which promotes normal tissue growth and cell function.
- Strawberries are also high in manganese and potassium which help to regulate blood pressure.
What about pistachios? Are there health benefits to pistachios as well?
You bet. Did you know...
- Pistachios contain more antioxidants than most seeds and nuts. Only pecans and walnuts contain more.
- Among other nuts, pistachios contain the highest content of lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which are very important antioxidants for eye health.
- Pistachios have a higher ratio than any other nut of amino acids, which are the essential building blocks of protein.
For additional recipes containing spinach:
- Burger with Creamy Lemon Spinach and Fried Radish Chips
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach Casserole
- Spinach and Butternut Squash Noodle Casserole
- Spinach, Chickpea, and Red Pepper Salad
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with Pistachios side dish.
- If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you.
Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with Pistachios
- 8 - 10 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or other light colored oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream, or half and half
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered and halved
- In a large skillet heat the oil and butter over medium/low heat.
- Add in shallot to the pan and cook, stirring for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan, stirring well. Allow the spinach to cook, stirring occasionally until it's almost completely wilted and has shrunk considerably in volume. **Note - this will happen quickly.
- Add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the spinach. Stir well.
- Add the cream to the spinach and reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the strawberries and cook on low, stirring occasionally until the strawberries are heated through and warm but not mushy. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the sauteed spinach and strawberries into a serving bowl and garnish with shelled pistachios.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's recipe for Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry with Pistachios as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!