All the delicious flavors and colors summer has to offer are in this roasted summer vegetable medley. This healthy and eye appealing dish will easily become a favorite.
With a mixture of red, green, yellow, orange, and brown there is no mistaking that Mother Nature is a true artist, and with just a little effort on your part, this colorful vegetable dish can grace your table very easily.
Eating with your eyes first has never been more of a feast!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making this easy roasted summer vegetable dish is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- baby Bella mushrooms
- red onion
- summer squash
- green bell pepper
- orange bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- fresh thyme
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- extra large mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- casserole dish (13 x 9) or baking sheet
- olive oil cooking spray (optional)
How to make roasted summer vegetable medley:
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Chop and seed (if needed) the washed vegetables. *Note – never run mushrooms underwater. Clean them by wiping them gently with a damp cloth.
- Place them all in a large bowl along with fresh thyme leaves.
- Add olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Toss well to coat.
- Place the summer vegetable medley in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray (optional).
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring the vegetables halfway through the roasting process.
- To serve, garnish with additional fresh thyme sprigs if desired.
Can other vegetables be used for this dish?
Use whatever are your favorite, or leave out the ones that aren’t.
The vegetables I chose for this particular dish all have (basically) the same cooking times. Meaning I didn’t choose vegetables that were going to take longer to cook than others.
If you do decide to use veggies with longer cooking times (firmer vegetables like Brussels sprouts, carrots, parsnips, etc) then those vegetables should be started in the roasting pan first (approximately 15 minutes) before the addition of the softer vegetables get added to the baking dish.
Can other fresh herbs be used?
Yes, of course.
I chose thyme because I love the way it combines with the flavors of fresh vegetables.
Other good fresh herb selections would be:
- or any combination
Can dried herbs be used in place of fresh herbs?
Just use the dried herbs a little more sparingly since dried herbs can sometimes be stronger in flavor than their fresh counterparts.
Can this dish be frozen after cooking?
Once the summer vegetable medley thaws it will be too watery to enjoy as the original dish was intended.
That said, feel free to freeze, and thaw any leftovers to add to soup or stews.
How long will this mixed vegetable dish keep in the refrigerator?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How should this roasted vegetable dish be served?
It’s totally your call.
You can serve it as a BBQ side dish or family dinner, or as a vegetarian main course. It all works.
Want more BBQ side dish recipe ideas?
*Best Ever BBQ Side Dishes Recipe Roundup (pictured below)
“For me, a BBQ is just as much about the side dishes as it is about the main course. With the help of this BBQ Side Dishes recipe roundup, your BBQ menu will keep your family and friends very full, and extremely happy!”
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s roasted summer vegetable medley.
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered (if large)
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped into ½" pieces
- 2 medium green zucchini, chopped into ½" pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped into ½" pieces
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped into ½" pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped into ½" pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1½" pieces
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (plus additional sprigs for garnish if desired)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Place all the prepared vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme leaves.
- Toss well to coat.
- Place the vegetables in a 13 x 9 baking dish (or onto a baking sheet) and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve hot with additional thyme sprigs as garnish if desired.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s healthy and colorful roasted vegetable side dish recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND NOURISHING DISHES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!