I’ve always been a lover of greens. Even when I was growing up, I’d be the one to reach for a spoon and the last few vegetables in the bowl at dinnertime to polish them off.
For me, the dessert would go uneaten, but the veggies didn’t stand a chance!
The recipe I’m sharing today for (#SundaySupper ~ Eat Your Greens), is for Spinach Artichoke Crustless Quiche Squares. It’s one of my favorites!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Appetizer Squares is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list;
- Frozen Spinach, (thawed)
- Canned Artichoke Hearts, (chopped)
- Onion, (finely minced)
- Grated Nutmeg
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Parmesan Cheese, (grated)
**This post is being updated from the original publication in 2014. The recipe has remained completely unchanged from the original post with only the text being updated.
This article now also includes a video presentation along with a printable recipe card including nutritional information.
This is what I shared about this recipe back in 2014;
I remember the classic spinach and artichoke dip from the late 1970s and early 1980s, and it became popular again early in 2000s.
I’ve taken that original recipe and have updated it to be quiche-like and portable. These spinach artichoke party squares can be eaten as an appetizer, side dish, or a between meal snack while standing at the kitchen counter (not that I would know about anything like that)! HA!
How and when to serve spinach artichoke quiche squares;
- If serving these spinach artichoke squares as a party food, I suggest cutting them into smaller, bite-sized squares and serving them at room temperature.
- If serving them as a side dish, cut them big, and serve them warm.
- If eating them at the kitchen counter, grab a fork and dig into the pan they were cooked in. Yep, that works just fine!
- And don’t forget, they’re green!! So serve them for St. Patrick’s Day!!
The easy instructions;
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed, dry spinach, chopped artichokes, minced onion, and grated fresh nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the spinach mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and Parmesan cheese into the spinach mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 8 x 8 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting into appropriate sized squares.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Can spinach artichoke appetizer squares be frozen?
- Yes! Bake them first. Cool them completely. Wrap them well. Freeze them for up to 2 months.
- Thaw them completely before reheating.
- Cover with foil, and reheat in a 375-degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
For additional recipes using spinach and/or artichokes, please click on the following titles for;
- Hot Spinach Dip from Skinny Taste
- Spinach Artichoke Dip from Tastes Better From Scratch
- Baby Artichokes with Garlic and Tomatoes from Steamy Kitchen
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach Casserole (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for Spinach Artichoke Appetizer Squares if desired. Plus, I’ve added some additional items that are meant to give you a giggle because it’s fun to shop! 😉
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Spinach Artichoke Crustless Quiche Squares.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (15 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichokes, onion, and nutmeg.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and milk.
Pour the wet ingredients into the spinach mixture and stir to combine.
Add the flour, baking powder, and Parmesan cheese into the spinach mixture and stir until just combined.
Pour the mixture into a 8 x 8 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the center is set.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting into appropriate sized squares.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
More from 2014 –
Naturally, this is one of my hand painted glassware items I picked to go along with the “Eat Your Greens” theme. As you can tell it was pretty much was a no-brainer. See? It IS easy being green!
And now without further adieu, listed below are the other “Eat your Greens” recipes from the wonderful #SundaySupper family of cooks and bakers. I’d also like a take a moment to thank our host for the week: DB from Crazy Foodie Stunts (aka Foodie Stuntman). Great topic, DB! I really enjoyed it!
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
Getting Greens Through Salads
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Appetizer Squares as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. When I find a great product or service, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn a commission for my recommendations. As always, I thank you for your support!