No-Bake Peppermint Buttercream Wafer Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie. Homemade peppermint buttercream is sandwiched between two crispy wafer sheets, sliced, and then dipped into white chocolate and festive sprinkles.
These no-bake holiday cookies are pretty on a platter and don't require much fuss. They have a light peppermint flavor and are crispy and creamy all in one bite.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making No-Bake Peppermint Buttercream Wafer Cookies is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- wafer sheets
- butter (I use salted)
- pure vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar
- peppermint extract
- white chocolate chips
- festive sprinkles
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- large bowl (if using a hand mixer)
- large offset spatula
- medium-sized microwave-safe bowl (for melting chocolate)
- silicone spatula
- baking sheets
- parchment paper
- measuring cups and spoons
- serrated knife (for cutting the cookies into bars)
Can these wafer cookies be frozen?
These filled wafer cookies actually require freezing before cutting them into bars.
After that, the cookies can be frozen for storage, if desired.
Don't like peppermint? Now what?
Peppermint extract can easily be switched out for your favorite flavored extract.
Other flavored extract options for the buttercream filling:
- orange extract
- lemon extract
- lime extract
- coconut extract
- almond extract
- anise extract
- chocolate extract (also add cocoa powder in with the confectioner's sugar)
- banana extract
- maple extract
- you get the gist...
Want to swap out the white chocolate for another type of melted chocolate?
Carry on with the recipe as written, except swap out another type of chocolate morsel (or chip) for the white chocolate chips and you're good to go.
Can other toppings be used in place of the red and green sprinkles?
Yes, of course. Get as creative as you like when it comes to embellishments.
Why not use some crushed peppermint candy? Or how about colored sanding sugar? Or maybe even some crushed gingersnap cookies would be delicious...Or how about coconut? YUM!!
Have fun with it. They're your cookies, you can make them however you like!
How to store no-bake peppermint buttercream wafer cookies:
It is best to store these cookies in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They will last for up to two weeks.
Additional Christmas cookie recipe you'll also enjoy:
*Gingerbread House Recipe and Full Tutorial (shown below)
This Gingerbread House Recipe and Tutorial is a comprehensive instruction along with tips and tricks so you can learn from our successes, as well as our mistakes.
*Colossal Christmas Cookie Recipe Roundup (not shown)
This colossal Christmas cookies recipe roundup will keep your house smelling delicious every day of the month… and then some!!
*Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies (shown below)
Christmas Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies are tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside thanks to the fun and colorful sprinkles.
*Fried Rosette Snowflake Cookies (shown below)
Part of the fun of eating a Fried Rosette Snowflake Cookie is the dusting of confectioners sugar that will inevitably snow down the front of your shirt as you crunch into these crispy little holiday treats. There’s no way around it, so just give in and let it snow!
*Peppermint Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Chocolate (shown below)
These Peppermint Shortbread Cookies will be the star of any cookie platter. They’re all dressed up and ready to party!
*No-Bake Peppermint Buttercream Wafer Cookies (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's deliciously easy and no-bake Christmas cookie recipe for Peppermint Buttercream Wafer Cookies.
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
No-Bake Peppermint Buttercream Shortbread Cookies
- Wafer Sheets
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 bag 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- holiday sprinkles
- Blend together the softened butter, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract.
- Slowly incorporate the confectioner's sugar and milk until the mixture comes together into a frosting consistency.
- Place one wafer sheet (patterned side down) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Use an offset spatula to gently spread the peppermint buttercream frosting in an even layer onto the first wafer sheet.
- Gently and evenly press the second wafer sheet (patterned side up) onto the frosting.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once frozen use a serrated knife to gently slice the cookies into bars.
- Melt the white chocolate on low-power in a medium-size, microwave-safe bowl, and stir occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip one end of the cut wafer cookies into the chocolate and place them back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Garnish the cookies immediately with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Keep the cookies chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy no-bake Christmas cookie recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.