Christmas Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies are tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside thanks to the fun and colorful sprinkles.
If you have time to add these cream cheese sprinkle cookies to your holiday baking list, I highly recommend doing so.
They’re super simple to make and kids will have fun rolling them in the sprinkles before baking.
Please enjoy the featured video!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Christmas Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list;
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
Kitchen tools and equipment needed;
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Cookie Scoop (optional)
- Cookie Boxes for Gifting (optional)
How these cookies work well throughout the year;
By swapping out the colors of sprinkles you use, these cookies will work for any and all occasions.
Get creative, and be colorful throughout a year full of delicious reasons to celebrate!
Can these cookies be made gluten-free?
Per a kind and thoughtful reader named Sherry, she says she swaps gluten-free flour (cup for cup) in this recipe and it works great each and every time!
Can this dough be made in advance and frozen?
Wrap the dough well in plastic wrap or an airtight container and freeze for up to three months.
Thaw the dough completely before rolling and baking.
Can these cookies be frozen after baking, and for how long?
Store the baked and cooled cookies in an airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Do as I say, not as I do…
*COMPLETE DISCLOSURE HERE* – You’ll notice in the featured video that I added the sprinkles to the dough before adding the flour.
This was a big old NO-NO on my part, but because I was filming the video I decided to go with my mistake and (for the sake of expense) not reshoot the video with all new ingredients.
My professional food blogger suggestion to you? Add the sprinkles to the dough only AFTER the flour has been incorporated, and then mix the dough GENTLY BY HAND so the sprinkles don’t color the dough itself. 😉
The easy instructions;
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat on low until combined.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and flour. Beat until just combined.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the sprinkles and gently combine into the dough.
- Roll the dough into approximate 1 balls, and then into the remaining sprinkles.
- Place the cookies onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool completely!
For additional Christmas cookie recipes, please click on the following title for;
- Santa’s Favorite Sugar Cookie (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“A seriously delicious rolled sugar cookie recipe that evokes special holiday memories for me and my family each and every year!“
- Colossal Christmas Cookie Recipe Roundup (pictured below) from all your favorite food bloggers from around the web!
“Today’s colossal Christmas cookies recipe roundup will keep your house smelling delicious every day of the month… and then some!!“
- Soft Cinnamon-Sugar Gingerbread Cookies (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“Make Christmas even more delicious with these Soft Cinnamon Sugar Gingerbread Cookies. They’re sugar and spice and all things nice.“
- Fried Rosette Snowflake Cookies (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“Part of the fun of eating a Fried Rosette Snowflake Cookie is the dusting of confectioners sugar that will inevitably snow down the front of your shirt as you crunch into these crispy little holiday treats. There’s no way around it, so just give in and let it snow!“
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“These Peppermint Shortbread Cookies will be the star of any cookie platter. They’re all dressed up and ready to party!“
- Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies (pictured below) This is the place!!
Whether you’re working on a blue screen device or in the kitchen, the following affiliate products are ones I can highly recommend to save your eyesight and your sanity.
Below is a photo of my blue blocker computer glasses in action! I swear by them! I work at the computer for what feels like all-day, every-day, and these glasses have relieved a great deal of eye-stress and migraine problems for me.
A neurologist was the one who recommended I get myself some, and it was the best thing he could have told me to do, so now I pass that information on to you!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information and instructions for making for today’s cream cheese sprinkle cookies.
Cream Cheese Sprinkles Cookies
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and blend until combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract, salt, and the flour on low speed until completely combined.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of sprinkles until the sprinkles are fully incorporated.
- Roll the dough into balls approximately 1½” round and roll each ball into the remaining sprinkles.
- Place the balls onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake in a preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Christmas Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!