Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares is a recipe I’ve been making for what feels like forever. Whenever I serve them, they’re always a hit with their light oniony flavor, crispy yet creamy texture, and a tiny and unexpected touch of sweetness that everyone loves!
It seems whenever I’m planning an occasion when appetizers are served, these Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares always make an appearance. And rightly so.
The following recipe video for Bratwurst Bites is another delicious appetizer I know you’ll also enjoy!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares is available near the end of this post.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list;
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment (highlighted in blue) contain affiliate links for your consideration and shopping convenience.
- Parmesan Cheese (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano)
- Grated Onion
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Cocktail Party Bread
Even Santa is happy when these Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares make their appearance at a party or gathering! 🙂
The kitchen tools you’ll need are;
- Box Grater or Food Processor
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoons or Spatulas
- Offset Spatula or Butter Knife
- Serving Platter
Can Parmesan Onion Appetizers be made in advance?
- Yes! I even recommend it! However, it’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t happen.
- Mix up the spread in advance and refrigerate until you’re ready to spread it on the bread and bake.
- This can be done up to 48 hours in advance of spreading and baking.
Can I substitute anything for the cocktail bread?
- Substitute a thinly sliced baguette or even crackers will work in a pinch.
Where can I find the cocktail bread?
- I always find mine in the deli section of the grocery store. If you don’t see them readily, ask someone. I’ve seen them in rye and sourdough flavors. I’ve used both for this recipe.
- I’ve also left an Amazon affiliate link for the cocktail bread (above and before the recipe card) if you’re unable to find them in your area.
The easy instructions for making Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares;
- Mix everything in a medium bowl, except the cocktail bread.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan mixture evenly onto the cocktail bread squares.
- Place them on a baking sheet and pop them into a preheated 400-degree oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares come out golden, creamy, crispy and can be served hot, warm, or at room temperature so they’re perfect for any sort of party!
For additional easy appetizer ideas, please click on the following recipe titles for;
- Cream Cheese and Salami Spread with Dill Pickles
- Creamy Egg Salad Canapes
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares
- Honey and Sesame Seed Crackers
- Corn and Black Bean Dip
- Patty Melt Dip
- Cranberry Orange Meatballs from Sugar and Soul
- Ham And Cheese Croissant Bites from Coffee with Us 3
- Cheesy Polenta Fries from Jenni Field’s Pastry Chef Online
- Cuban Sausage Pinwheels from Sweet and Savory Meals
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1½ cup Parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 30 party cocktail bread
Preheat the oven to 400-degrees.
Mix the first 8 ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan mixture evenly onto the cocktail bread and place on a baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares are golden in color.
Remove and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Tools and equipment:
knife or offset spatula, baking sheet, parchment paper (optional), wooden spoon,
box grater, measuring spoons, measuring cups, medium bowl
Thank you so much for visiting me here in my Kudos Kitchen!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Parmesan Onion Appetizer Squares as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on my social media:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!