When you’re in the snacking mood but still want something healthy and delicious, reach for a handful of these homemade honey sesame seed crackers. They’re totally addicting, AND good for you too!
After I made these, I actually had to put a *save* note on these so my family didn’t gobble them all up before I could take the photos.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Homemade Honey Sesame Seed Crackers is available at the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making homemade honey sesame seed crackers;
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Spelt Flour (or additional Whole Wheat Flour)
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Palm Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- Sesame Oil
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Ice Water
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Food Processor or Pastry Blender
- Pastry Wheel or Paring Knife
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry Brush
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Plastic Wrap
Why this recipe works;
If you’re anything like me, when faced with a crunchy snack mix assortment, I’m the one who picks out all the sesame seed crackers before anyone else can get to them.
(Yes, I’m also the girl who picks out all the cashews in an assorted nut mix too, but shhh, don’t tell anybody!)
These honey sesame seed crackers are easy to make, sweet and crunchy, and you know exactly what ingredients are in them. They’re not filled with grocery store shelf-stable ingredients you can’t pronounce.
You can also make them whatever shapes you like. Why not make them extra fun by using mini cookie cutters to personalize them for the kid’s lunch boxes this school year?!!
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for Homemade Honey Sesame Seed Crackers if desired.
The easy instructions;
- Pulse the flours, baking soda, salt, butter, and honey together in a food processor (or use a pastry blender), until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the sesame seeds.
- Form the dough into a flat disc and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Once chilled, roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to approximately 1/8″ thickness.
- Use a pastry wheel, paring knife, or cookie cutter to cut the crackers into your desired shapes.
- Transfer the crackers onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Stir together the honey and water and brush over unbaked crackers.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and brush them again with the honey-water.
- Return the crackers to the oven for bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
These are totally addicting, so don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Homemade Honey Sesame Seed Crackers.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I used whole grain sprouted wheat flour), plus more for rolling.
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (or if you'd rather you can use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used coconut palm sugar)
- 1 stick of cold butter, cut into 8 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 cups toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons ice water, divided
- In a food processor, or by hand a in a large
bowl using a pastry blender, pulse/blend the flours, baking soda, salt, brown
sugar until it forms a sand-like consistency.
- Add in the butter, 2 tablespoons honey, sesame
oil and 3 tablespoons ice water. Pulse/blend until the dough comes together into a slightly sticky ball, but one that holds together nicely.
- Add the sesame seeds to the dough and using a
wooden spoon and fold them thoroughly into the dough.
- Form the dough into a disc and wrap it in
plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll the chilled dough out onto a lightly
floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Using a pizza cutter or pastry wheel, cut the
dough into whatever size shapes you like. I cut mine into approximately 1"
- Transfer the crackers onto a parchment-lined
- Mix together 2 tablespoons honey and 1
tablespoon water. *Note - It's easier to mix if you place it in a microwave for just a few seconds.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the
crackers with half of the honey mixture.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes and then
remove the crackers and brush them again with the remaining honey mixture.
- Return the crackers to the oven for another
10-15 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Sweetener Substitute (1.5 lbs.)
Bob's Red Mill Organic Spelt Flour - 24 oz
Basting Brush Silicone Heat Resistant Pastry Brushes Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Barbecue Baking Kitchen Cooking, Baste Pastries Cakes Meat Desserts, Dishwasher safe, Set of 4
CatchTheWave DOUGH Pastry Crimper Cutter Roller Wheel Pasta Ravioli Natural WOODEN HANDLE 6.7" Long
Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
Serving Size15 crackers
Amount Per Serving Calories 18 Total Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 31mg Carbohydrates 2g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 0g
Thank you so much for visiting me here in my Kudos Kitchen!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for honey sesame seed crackers as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on my social media:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!