Crave-worthy Salami Dill Pickle Dip is a quick and easy update of the salami and pickle pinwheel appetizers of the past, but this updated version is faster, easier, and has a bigger kick of flavor.
This salami pickle dip is my updated version of an easy retro pinwheel appetizer recipe that was very popular back in the 80s or was it the 90s? If you remember correctly, please let me know.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making creamy dill pickle dip is available near the end of this post, OR click on the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
- softened cream cheese
- chopped salami
- chopped dill pickles
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dill weed
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large mixing bowl
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- wooden spoon or spatula
How this recipe came to be:
One of my favorite appetizers I remember from years ago is the one where you spread cream cheese over slices of salami (or ham) with dill pickle spears rolled inside, and then you slice them to form little pinwheels.
The concept was super simple, and the flavor of those tasty morsels hit all the proper bells and whistles on the taste buds.
I loved them then, and I still do now.
That said, this cream cheese salami dill pickle dip tastes better and is a whole lot easier to make. Honest!
Why this updated version works:
Cream cheese salami pickle dip is an appetizer you can mix together with only one bowl, and it comes together in just a matter of minutes with no fiddling or rolling.
Cream cheese dill pickle dip packs an excellent punch of flavor as those little pinwheels did, but these are even better because I've kicked up the flavor with the addition of a few basic ingredients you probably already have on hand in your pantry and fridge.
Can this easy appetizer dip/spread be made in advance?
It sure can, which makes it perfect for entertaining!
You can make this dill pickle dip up to 3 days in advance, and store it in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Store any leftover dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for an additional 3 days, if needed.
How to make salami pickle dip:
- Blend the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, chopped salami, chopped dill pickles, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper together until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with baguette slices, assorted vegetables, or crackers.
Ideas for serving:
Cream cheese salami pickle dip is delicious when spread on toast, bagels, crackers, or baguettes.
It also makes a tasty dip for your favorite vegetables, and it rates high marks when it's used as an alternative for sour cream or Greek yogurt when topping a baked potato.
Or, why not slather some between two slices of bread for the ultimate dill pickle dip grilled cheese sandwich?
The possibilities are as limitless as your imagination!
Additional pickle recipes:
- Low Carb Dill Pickle Pork Chops (shown below)
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles from Life's Ambrosia
- Dill Pickle Coleslaw from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Dill Pickle Meatloaf from Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Creamy Homemade Dill Pickle Potato Salad (shown below)
*Salami Dill Pickle Dip (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s creamy salami dill pickle dip.
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Salami Dill Pickle Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- ¾ cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced salami
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- bread crackers, vegetables (your choice)
- fresh dill weed as garnish optional
- Place the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl and blend with a hand mixer until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Spoon the spread into a serving bowl and serve with assorted bread, crackers or vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh dill weed, if desired.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's recipe for cream cheese salami pickle dip as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.