Oh sure, I've purchased store-bought Alfredo sauce many times over the years, and it's fine in a pinch. That said, making Homemade White Wine Alfredo Sauce takes only a few extra minutes to make on the stovetop, and you can definitely taste the number one ingredient…LOVE!
**Note - The following recipe post or category contains affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration. By clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
- The ingredient list
- Ingredient savvy
- How this recipe came to be
- The easy instructions for making white wine Alfredo sauce
- How to dry homegrown herbs
- How long will the homemade Alfredo sauce keep in the refrigerator
- Can homemade alfredo sauce be canned and stored in the pantry?
- Can this cheesy white wine white sauce be frozen?
- Variations and substitutions
- Important tips for better cooking and cleanup
- Recipe ideas using Alfredo sauce
- Homemade White Wine Alfredo Sauce
The ingredient list
How this recipe came to be
The easy instructions for making white wine Alfredo sauce
How to dry homegrown herbs
How long will the homemade Alfredo sauce keep in the refrigerator
Can homemade alfredo sauce be canned and stored in the pantry?
Great question, and the answer is YES!
Here's what I found out from The Grocery Store Guy.
Can this cheesy white wine white sauce be frozen?
You bet. Store it in an airtight freezer container marked with the date and freeze for up to 4 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Variations and substitutions
Important tips for better cooking and cleanup
Recipe ideas using Alfredo sauce
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Homemade White Wine Alfredo Sauce
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese whipped works best
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese grated also works
- 1 cup shredded Romano cheese grated also works
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the cream cheese (whipped works best) to the melting butter. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the minced garlic, heavy cream, and milk. Cook over medium/low heat, occasionally stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cheese, black pepper, basil, oregano, and nutmeg to the saucepan. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add the white wine. Continue cooking over medium/low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Use in your favorite recipe or add the sauce to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.