This recipe is a favorite of all who've tried it. Chicken Alfredo Garlic Bread Pizza utilizes store-bought garlic bread and rotisserie chicken, along with an easy thick, rich homemade alfredo sauce and plenty of cheese to top it all off.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Chicken Alfredo Pizza on Garlic Bread is available at the end of this post. Or you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- garlic bread loaf
- olive oil
- heavy cream
- egg yolks
- cayenne pepper
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- lemon zest
- rotisserie chicken (or leftover chicken)
- grated Parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- grater (for grating cheese, optional)
- medium saucepan
- measuring cups and spoons
- small mixing bowls
- cutting board
- chef's knife (optional for chopping chicken)
- citrus zester
How this recipe came to be:
I love to purchase a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store to have them on hand for quick dinner ideas.
The night I made this chicken alfredo garlic bread pizza I was rummaging through my freezer and fridge to see what I could come up with that could utilize the rotisserie chicken.
When I spyied the frozen garlic bread, the rest was easy.
Can jarred store-bought Alfredo sauce work for this recipe?
I didn't happen to have any on hand at the time, but if you like it and have it on hand, please feel free to use it!
Can this garlic bread pizza with chicken and alfredo sauce be frozen after baking?
Make sure to cool it completely before wrapping it well in parchment paper and then adding it to zip-top freezer bags.
It can be frozen for up to two months.
How to reheat chicken alfredo garlic bread pizza:
I like to reheat in the oven, but it can also be reheated in the microwave oven.
The oven method for reheating:
Place the pizza on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and place in a 350-degree preheated oven for 10 minutes. Feel free to add more shredded mozzarella cheese just before reheating, if desired.
The microwave oven method for reheating:
Place the chicken alfredo garlic bread pizza on a microwave-safe plate and cover lightly with plastic wrap.
Cook on medium/high power for 60-90 seconds, or until hot.
The step-by-step photo instructions for making Chicken Alfredo Garlic Bread Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the garlic bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and spread the bread evenly with 1½ cups of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the alfredo sauce by melting butter and oil in a medium-size saucepan. Add heavy cream and seasonings and bring to a simmer.
- Time to temper 2 egg yolks (bring to temperature so they won't scramble) with some ¼ cup of warm cream mixture from the pot, and then add the tempered egg into the saucepan.
- Gently simmer the sauce to thicken, and then add grated Parmesan cheese and whisk to melt.
- Add a slight bit of fresh lemon zest to the sauce to brighten and lighten the flavor and turn off the heat.
- Chop the rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces (approximately 1 - 1½ cups) and spread the chicken evenly over the mozzarella on the garlic bread.
- Spoon the alfredo sauce evenly over the chicken and top with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake again for 15 minutes until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Additional Italian inspired recipes:
*Pepperoni Pizza Mac and Cheese (shown below and featured in the video)
For those times when you can’t decide what to make for dinner, I suggest you whip up this Pizza Mac & Cheese. It’s a cross between two of your favorite things…pizza, and mac and cheese. Your family will thank you!
*Spaghetti Stuffed Bell Peppers (not shown)
Looking for a new “twist” on serving spaghetti? Look no further. Spaghetti Stuffed Bell Peppers will surprise and delight the entire family.
*Italian Sausage with Fennel and Potatoes (shown below)
This One-Pan Italian Sausage, Fennel & Potatoes recipe is a simply delicious, no-fuss dinner! You can cook on the grill, or in the oven. Your call. Either way, you decide to make it, you’re going to love the easy cleanup and the perfect combination of flavors!
*Alfredo Ravioli Lasagna (not shown)
When you want to impress but don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing dinner, this easy Alfredo Ravioli Lasagna is the perfect dish to make, and it’s company-worthy too!
*Chicken Alfredo Garlic Bread Pizza (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's easy cheesy garlic bread pizza with chicken and alfredo sauce.
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
CHICKEN ALFREDO GARLIC BREAD PIZZA
- 1 whisk
- 1 loaf store-bought garlic bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1½ cups chopped rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- -Preheat the oven to 375-degrees Fahrenheit.
- -Place the garlic bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- -Remove the bread from the oven and spread the bread evenly with 1½ cups of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- -Meanwhile, make the alfredo sauce by melting butter and oil in a medium-size saucepan.
- -Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, cayenne, basil, and oregano to the saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- -In a small bowl, whisk 2 egg yolks along with ¼ cup of the hot cream sauce (tempering the yolks) from the pan.
- -Add the tempered egg yolks into the saucepan, and whisk to combine.
- -Gently simmer the sauce to thicken, add the grated Parmesan cheese, and whisk to melt.
- -Add the fresh lemon zest to the sauce and stir to combine.
- -Chop the rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces (approximately 1 - 1½ cups) and spread the chicken evenly over the bread.
- -Spoon the alfredo sauce evenly over the chicken and top with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- -Bake again for 15 minutes until golden and the cheese has melted.
- -Cut into pieces and serve.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's chicken alfredo garlic bread pizza as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!!