If you love Boursin cheese, but don’t feel as though you can make it at home, think again! You CAN make it at home, and after you do, you’ll wonder why in the world you haven’t been making your own Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread all along.
Consider today as the first day of the rest of your Boursin cheese life! 😉 Making Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread is a game changer!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Easy Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread is available near the end of this post.
For this recipe of Homemade Boursin Cheese, I was fortunate enough to use the fresh herbs I have growing in pots on my deck in the backyard. However, if you don’t have access to your own fresh herbs, it’s nice that these days there is a wide variety of fresh herbs readily available in grocery stores, and at local farmer’s markets.
Homemade Boursin Cheese Ingredient list;
- Cream cheese
- Butter (I use salted)
- Fresh parsley, dill, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, and sage
- Minced garlic
- Heavy cream
- Black pepper
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Assorted vegetables for dipping (celery, broccoli, and red bell peppers, shown), or crackers.
Do I have to use fresh herbs, or can I use dried herbs to make homemade Boursin cheese, and can I use other herbs than what you’ve listed?
Yes, you can use dried herbs, but since dried herbs are more intense in flavor, make sure to cut back on the amount you use. Feel free to use your personal favorite herbs when making your own Homemade Boursin Cheese.
The easy instructions for making Easy Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread;
- Assemble, and finely mince your selection of fresh herbs (approximately ¼ cup).
- Add the softened cream cheese and butter to a large bowl.
- Add heavy cream, garlic, salt, and pepper to the cream cheese. Whip until smooth and creamy.
- Add the minced herbs to the whipped cream cheese and stir well.
- Spoon the homemade Boursin cheese into a container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread is best served at room temperature.
- To store, tightly cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
For more original Kudos Kitchen recipes (sweet and savory) which include cream cheese in the ingredient list, please click on the following titles for;
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Creamy Cheesecake Topping
- Cream Cheese Salami Spread with Dill Pickles
- Cream Cheese Biscuits with Strawberry Butter
- Sweet Cherry Rolls with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze
- Lemon Drop Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post, OR in the recipe card feature itself. 🙂
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh minced herbs, parsley, sage, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, and dill
- assorted dippers, celery sticks, red bell peppers, broccoli, or crackers
In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, garlic, salt, and black pepper until smooth and creamy
Stir in the fresh minced herbs until thoroughly incorporated.
Spoon into a bowl or serving container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Remove the Garlic Herb Boursin Cheese Spread from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Tools and equipment;
large bowl, hand blender, wooden spoon or spatula, cutting board, chef's knife, garlic press (optional), medium bowl or serving container.
To store - cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!