If you love Boursin cheese, but don't feel as though you can make it at home, think again! You CAN make it at home, and after you do, you'll wonder why in the world you haven't been making your own all along.
Consider today as the first day of the rest of your Boursin cheese life! 😉 Making Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread is a game changer!
For this recipe, I was fortunate enough to use the fresh herbs I have growing in pots on my deck in the backyard.
However, if you don't have access to your own fresh herbs, it's nice that these days there is a wide variety of fresh herbs readily available in grocery stores, and at local farmer's markets.
The ingredient list:
- Cream cheese
- Butter (I use salted)
- Fresh parsley, dill weed, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, and sage
- Minced garlic
- Heavy cream
- Black pepper
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Assorted vegetables for dipping (celery, broccoli, and red bell peppers, shown), or crackers.
Can dried herbs be used
Yes, you can use dried herbs, but since dried herbs are more intense in flavor, make sure to cut back on the amount you use.
Can other herbs be used
Feel free to use your personal favorite herbs when making your own cream cheese and herb spread.
The easy instructions:
- Assemble, and finely mince your selection of fresh herbs (approximately ¼ cup).
- Add the softened cream cheese and butter to a large bowl.
- Add heavy cream, garlic, salt, and pepper to the cream cheese. Whip until smooth and creamy.
- Add the minced herbs to the whipped cream cheese and stir well.
- Spoon the homemade Boursin cheese into a container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread is best served at room temperature.
- To store, tightly cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
Additional cream cheese recipes:
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Creamy Cheesecake Topping
- Cream Cheese Salami Spread with Dill Pickles
- Cream Cheese Biscuits with Strawberry Butter
- Sweet Cherry Rolls with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze
- Lemon Drop Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Garlic Herb Boursin Cheese Spread
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons each herb, parsley, sage, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, and dill weed
- assorted dippers, celery sticks, red bell peppers, broccoli, or crackers
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, garlic, salt, and black pepper until smooth and creamy
- Stir in the fresh minced herbs until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon into a bowl or serving container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the Garlic Herb Boursin Cheese Spread from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this recipe for Garlic Herb Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!