Looking to feed a large crowd or family a hearty breakfast that goes together in a snap and with minimal effort? These scrambled egg breakfast sliders are just the ticket!
This is a fun and delicious way to feed a savory breakfast treat to family and friends, and the fact that these scrambled egg breakfast sliders can be made in advance is always a plus for busy mornings!
Click here to like and subscribe to my Kudos Kitchen cooking channel on YouTube! Thanks!! 🙂
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making scrambled egg breakfast sliders is available at the end of this post.
The ingredient list;
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Pork Breakfast Sausage
- Cheddar Cheese
- Dehydrated Minced Onion
- Poppy Seeds
- Dry Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
Can breakfast sliders be made in advance?
Yes! Assemble the sliders as per the recipe instructions and store them, covered in the fridge, for up to 24 hours (if needed).
To reheat, uncover and bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
Can I use bacon instead of sausage in this recipe?
Yes! I love bacon too!
Just make sure to precook the bacon first, and then lay the strips over the eggs, or chop it and sprinkle it over the eggs.
Can other cheeses be used for these breakfast sliders?
Of course! Use whatever cheese is your favorite.
Can other types of biscuits be used in this recipe?
Sure thing! As long as your alternate biscuit or bun choice is prebaked.
Since all the elements of this breakfast casserole are pre-cooked (and only require reheating), the biscuits need to be pre-baked, so there is no danger of overcooking the eggs.
For additional savory breakfast ideas, please click on the following titles for;
- Christmas Morning Ham & Cheese Strata
- Family Favorite Egg Sandwich Breakfast Casserole
- Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Scotch Eggs Kudos Kitchen Style
Below are the easy step-by-step instructions for making breakfast sliders;
- Cook and crumble the breakfast sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink.
- Remove the sausage to a bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, minced onion, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs in the same large skillet as the sausage.
- Remove the scrambled eggs to a bowl, and set aside.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the entire package of rolls in half lengthwise.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Layer the sliced cheese over the bottom half of the rolls.
- Layer the scrambled eggs evenly over the cheese slices.
- Top the scrambled eggs with the cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage.
- Layer the shredded cheese evenly over top of the cooked breakfast sausage.
- Place the top half of the rolls on the shredded cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the melted butter, remaining minced onion and poppy seeds.
- Brush the seasoned butter liberally over the top of the rolls.
- Bake the breakfast sliders, uncovered, in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- *Note – to make these in advance, assemble as directed above.
- Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350-degrees, keep covered with the foil, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
I’ve always been a savory breakfast lover. Pancakes and waffles have their place (on someone else’s plate), but for me, I’ll pick eggs and cheese any day of the week.
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s breakfast slider recipe with scrambled eggs and sausage.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 1 package Hawaiian Sweet Rolls cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons dehydrated minced onion divided
- 1½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 6-8 slices cheese your favorite variety
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons minced onion, and the ground mustard. Set aside.
Cook the breakfast sausage in a large skillet until cooked through and browned. Remove to a bowl.
In the same large skillet, cook and scramble the eggs. Set aside.
Place the bottom half of the Hawaiian rolls in a casserole dish or baking sheet.
Top the bottom half of the rolls evenly with the sliced cheese.
Evenly spoon the scrambled eggs over the sliced cheese and then top the scrambled eggs with the cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage.
Top the cooked sausage evenly with the shredded cheese.
Place the top half of the rolls on the shredded cheese, pressing lightly.
In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, 1 teaspoon minced onion, and 1 teaspoon poppy seeds.
Brush the seasoned melted butter liberally over the rolls.
Bake the sliders, uncovered, in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove and serve hot.
Tools and equipment:
cooking spray, baking dish or baking sheet, pastry brush or spoon, large skillet, whisk, 2 large bowls, serrated knife, cutting board, wooden spoon or spatula, measuring cups, measuring spoons
Thank you so much for visiting me here in my Kudos Kitchen!!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for breakfast sliders as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
I’ve decided to coordinate this Breakfast Slider recipe with (what else?), my hand painted BREAKFAST at Tiffany’s inspired coffee mug. It’s my little pun.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on my social media:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!