If you’re looking for a deliciously unique sandwich that will knock your socks off, look no further than this Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich made with a fried egg, fresh asparagus, provolone cheese, and a cornflake coating that you didn’t see coming.
You’re going to LOVE this Mouthwatering Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich with Provolone & Asparagus for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner.
Seriously, if I had my way, I’d be happy to eat it this baby for all three meals on the very same day! Then, maybe I’d turn around and do it all again the next day, too. What can I say? It’s that good!!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list (per sandwich);
- 1 Egg (cooked to your desired doneness)
- 2 Slices Bread (your favorite)
- Cornflake Crumbs
- Avocado Oil (or your favorite)
- Provolone Cheese Slices
- Fresh Asparagus Spears
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
There is just something about a sandwich with a runny yolk (if that’s not your thing, you can cook your egg to your desired doneness), tons of melted cheese, and a healthy dose of fresh springtime asparagus that gets my taste buds watering.
Now I’m totally craving this grilled cheese breakfast sandwich again, and I think I might have to make it for dinner tonight!
When I originally had the idea to make this sandwich my plan was to use panko breadcrumbs as the bread coating for some added crunch. However, upon assembling my ingredients, I realized that I didn’t have the panko in the cabinet as I normally do.
It was a sad moment for me because I thought the recipe idea would have to be put on hold. Luckily, that wasn’t the case and that’s when improvisation and creativity kicked in.
Since I happened to have a box of cornflake crumbs in the cabinet that I use for making my Ham and Cheese Breakfast Strata, the light bulb in my head immediately went off, and the results were better than I could have expected!
Take THAT panko! 😉
For additional egg sandwich recipe ideas, please click on the following titles for;
Now I’m hungry and want some eggs. LOL!
Eggs are a fantastic choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They’re a great source of protein, and they’re incredibly versatile. Just don’t forget to season them with salt and pepper. A little goes a long way when it comes to seasoning an egg, but it’s a step you don’t want to leave out.
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich with Asparagus and Provolone if desired.
Plus, I’ve added some additional items that are meant to make you smile, and because it’s fun to shop! 😉
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich with Asparagus and Provolone Cheese.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich with Provolone and Asparagus
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon Dijon
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornflake crumbs
- 5 spears asparagus lightly steamed
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil or your favorite
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese I used smoked
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Dijon, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the bread, mayonnaise mixture side down, in the cornflake crumbs. Press lightly. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil and butter. Saute the asparagus until crisp-tender and season with salt and pepper. Remove the asparagus to a plate, and keep warm.
- In the same skillet fry an egg (seasoned with salt and pepper) until your desired doneness. Remove the egg to a plate, and keep warm.
- Place one slice of bread in the skillet (cornflake side down), add two slices of provolone cheese, the egg, the sauteed asparagus, two more slices of the cheese, and the last slice of bread, mayonnaise side out.
- Cook until browned, flip, and cook again until the cheese is fully melted.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s grilled cheese breakfast sandwich recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
What goes better in the morning with eggs than a bloody Mary? Spiked or not, it’s a wonderful choice, and one I’m quite fond of.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!