“He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash, why the Grinch even stole their last can of Who hash!” – Dr. Seuss
Grinch Who Hash is a combination of stuffing, O’Brien potatoes, and pork breakfast sausage.
It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. No wonder the Grinch took it…because it’s a winner!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Grinch Who Hash is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- prepared stuffing (leftovers or box mix)
- pork breakfast sausage
- frozen O’Brien potatoes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- eggs (optional)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
How this recipe came to be:
Every year, without fail, we watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Every. Single. Year.
It kind of became our official way of kicking off the Christmas season.
When our kids were little, naturally we’d watch with them.
But now that we’re empty nesters, my husband and I still find ourselves in front of the television, mimicking every action and word, because we pretty much know the entire script and lyrics to all the songs by heart.
This year, however, when the Grinch stole that last can of who hash, I had an idea…
A wonderfully Grinchy idea!
If I can’t buy Grinch Who Hash in the store, I’ll make it instead!
This recipe is a great way to use leftover stuffing.
This year I had plenty of Pretzel Roll Stuffing leftover from Thanksgiving.
After watching the Grinch, I decided I’d incorporate some of those leftovers into the Who Hash and the results are simply amazing!
No leftovers? No problem!
Of course, you don’t need to use leftovers to make Grinch Who Hash.
You can easily use a prepared box stuffing mix, and I’m certain the results will be just as delicious!
After all, WHO doesn’t love boxed stuffing?! I know I do!!
NOTE – The printable label (shown below) fits an 11-ounce can. Just click on the word FREE (below) to be taken to the printable label.
“You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are a heel.
You’re as cuddly as a cactus. You’re as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch! You’re a bad banana with a greasy black peel!”
“You’re a monster, Mr. Grinch. Your heart’s an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders. You’ve got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch! I wouldn’t touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!”
You’re a vile one, Mr. Grinch. You have termites in your smile. You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile.
Mr. Grinch! Given the choice between the two of you, I’d take the seasick crocodile!
You’re a rotter, Mr. Grinch. You’re the king of sinful sots.
Your heart’s a dead tomato splotched with moldy purple spots.
Mr. Grinch! You’re a three-decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce!
How to make Grinch Who Hash:
- Brown pork sausage in a large skillet with olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Once browned, add butter and a package of O’Brien potatoes to the skillet, along with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the prepared stuffing.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the stuffing is heated through.
- Serve hot topped with cooked eggs, if desired.
Additional Grinch inspired Recipes:
*Grinch Guacamole (shown below and in the featured video)
With a few simple ingredients and some easy instructions, you can warm the hearts of your family and friends with this gloriously easy to make realistic looking Grinch Guacamole.
*Grinch Pancakes from Hungry Happenings
*Grinch Hot Cocoa from Simplistically Living
*Grinch Vanilla Cake Pops from Sweet ReciPEA’S
*Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs from Big Bear’s Wife
*Grinch Popcorn from Two Sisters
*Grinch Who Hash (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s fast and easy stuffing hash recipe, Grinch Who Hash!
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Grinch Who Hash!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package 28 ounces frozen O’Brien potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups prepared stuffing leftovers or box mix
- eggs cooked to your desired doneness, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Brown the pork sausage in the skillet, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks.
- Once brown, add the butter to the skillet along with the O’Brien potatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and golden brown in color.
- Add the stuffing to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the stuffing is heated through.
- To serve, top the Grich Who Hash with cooked eggs, if desired, and serve hot.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s easy and quick breakfast, brunch, dinner, or lunch recipe for Grinch Who Hash using leftover stuffing as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!