This Giant Peanut Butter Cup will delight an entire crowd with its fun presentation and super delicious filling of peanut butter, coconut, and pecans. It’s not your average peanut butter cup. It’s MEGA AMAZING!!
Even though this mega-sized giant Peanut Butter Cup may look difficult and a little bit intimidating to recreate, let me assure you this no-bake dessert is super simple to put together with a few simple kitchen tools and ingredients.
Stick with me and I’ll show you exactly what I mean!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making this Giant Peanut Butter Cup with Coconut and Pecans is available near the end of this post. OR Click on the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter (chunky or smooth)
- Butter, I used salted
- Confectioners Sugar
- Flaked Coconut (toasted)
- Chopped Pecans (toasted)
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream
- Peanut Butter Chips, for the final drizzle (optional)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- 9″ tart pan with removable bottom
- medium microwave-safe bowl
- large skillet
- piping bag or zip-top bag (optional, for the peanut butter drizzle)
- measuring cups and spoons
- baking spray
How this recipe came about:
I’d had the ingredients for this dessert in my kitchen pantry for quite some time, but I hadn’t actually planned on making a giant peanut butter cup.
What I was planning on making (until time got the better of me) are these cute little peanut butter Easter eggs which I’d made and shared several years ago.
However, I never quite got there and because I still wanted to use the ingredients, and I LOVED the flavor of those peanut butter Easter eggs SO much, I decided to turn the eggs into a giant peanut butter cup instead.
After all, a giant peanut butter cup can be made and shared the entire year. Unlike candy eggs which, much like the Cadbury bunny, only appear at Easter.
How to toast pecans and coconut in a skillet:
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pecans and coconut, stirring frequently, until they’re lightly toasted and fragrant.
- IMPORTANT NOTE; This happens quickly so do not get distracted or they will burn quickly.
- Remove the skillet from the heat once toasted and allow the nuts and coconut to cool completely.
Tips for melting chocolate:
- I use my microwave at 50% power to melt the chocolate.
- Take it out of the microwave several times to stir it until it was smooth and creamy.
- You can also use a double boiler on the stovetop to temper the chocolate but make sure the boiling water in the bottom pot does not come in contact with the bottom of the top pot.
- Chocolate is ALWAYS BEST melted at a LOW TEMPERATURE and STIRRED FREQUENTLY.
- IMPORTANT: While tempering, be sure to keep the chocolate free from any water or liquid. Even a small amount will seize the chocolate prohibiting it from becoming smooth and glossy.
How to melt chocolate in a double boiler:
To learn specifically about tempering chocolate, please visit:
For additional chocolate candy recipes please click on the following titles for:
- Timeless Chocolate Chunky Candy Cups
- Chocolate Candy Easter Eggs
- Chocolate Granola Jumbles
- Tropical White Chocolate Candy Bites
- Best Ever Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee
Below is the printable recipe card along with nutritional information for today’s Giant Peanut Butter Cup with Toasted Coconut and Pecans.
Giant Peanut Butter Cup with Coconut and Pecans
- 2 bags 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chunky or smooth
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips optional for garnish
- In a microwave-safe bowl or a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate and shortening until smooth and creamy.
- Spray a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom with baking spray.
- Pour 3/4 of the melted chocolate in the tart pan and use a spatula to work the chocolate smoothly up the sides of the pan and over the bottom. Making sure there is equal thickness all around.
- Carefully place the chocolate filled tart pan on a baking sheet (lift the pan from the sides, not the bottom) and place the pan in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend the softened butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream. Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and stir in the toasted nuts and coconut.
- Remove the tart pan from the freezer and spoon the filling evenly into the chocolate shell.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate evenly over the top of the peanut butter filling and smooth to the edges. Return the tart to the freezer to firm.
- If desired, melt the peanut butter chips and drizzle over the top of the tart before serving.
- Slice and serve at room temperature.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for this colossal, over the top, giant peanut butter cup as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!