If you’re a fan of Payday candy bars then you’ll go NUTS for this fast and easy Copycat Payday Candy Bars recipe. After all, who doesn’t love payday?!!
*Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links where I can earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through links in this post.
This easy to make candy recipe is one you’ll turn to time again when you’re looking for a copycat candy that tastes just like the original!
You’re going to love these peanut and homemade nougat-filled candy bars!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Copycat Payday Candy Bars is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
For delicious nuts, candy, chocolate, dried fruits, baking supplies, and gifts, Oh! Nuts is a store not to be missed!!
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large heavy-bottom saucepan or stockpot
- wooden spoon or spatula
- measuring cups and spoons
- 13″ x 9″ baking dish
- plastic wrap (for storing)
This recipe for Copycat Payday Candy Bars is a redo from the original post I shared back in 2011. It’s hard to believe it’s been so long since I first shared this recipe. Where does the time go?
While a lot has changed in the past 7 years, this recipe hasn’t. After all, why mess with perfection?
Back in 2011 if you would have told me I’d be producing my own food videos, and that I’d have my own channel on YouTube, I would have literally laughed out loud.
Fast forward 7 years, and I’m doing just that, and having a whole lot of fun in the process!
How long does take to make a copycat Payday candy bar?
From start to finish, it’s roughly 10-12 minutes.
However, the candy will need to be refrigerated for up to 4 hours before slicing, so please plan accordingly.
What if I’m allergic to peanuts, can I substitute another nut?
- Sure, but then it wouldn’t be a copycat Payday candy bar, would it? 😉
The easy instructions:
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish liberally with baking spray.
- Layer one jar of the peanuts evenly in the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium/low heat and stir in the peanut butter chips, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir to melt, and combine.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mini marshmallows, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir well to completely combine so there are no streaks of marshmallow.
- Slowly pour the marshmallow mixture in an even layer over the peanuts in the baking dish.
- Top the marshmallow mix evenly with the second jar of dry roasted peanuts.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours and then carefully slice the candy into bars before serving.
For additional homemade candy recipes, please click on the following titles for:
- Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee (pictured below)
- Mega-Sized Peanut Butter Cup with Coconut and Pecans (pictured below)
- Tropical White Chocolate Candy Bites (pictured below)
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s Copycat Payday Candy Bars.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Copycat Payday Candy Bars Recipe
- 2 large jars 16 ounces, each jar dry roasted peanuts
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Spray a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with baking spray.
- Add one jar of the dry roasted peanuts in an even layer in the bottom of the sprayed dish. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk, and peanut butter chips to the saucepan and stir well.
- Continue cooking over the medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thoroughly blended and the marshmallows and peanut butter chips have melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the salt and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Gently pour the marshmallow mix evenly over the peanut layer in the prepared pan, using a spatula to even out the marshmallow mixture if needed.
- Sprinkle the remaining dry roasted peanuts over the marshmallow mixture, pressing them lightly into the filling.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into bars, serve and enjoy!
So there you have it! No more waiting for payday. Now you can have yours whenever you want it! Priceless. 😉
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s homemade candy recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!