If you’re a fan of Payday candy bars then you’ll go crazy for this Fast & Easy Copycat Payday Candy Bars recipe. After all, who doesn’t love payday?!!
This recipe for Copycat Payday Candy Bars is a redo from the original post I shared back in 2011. It’s hard to believe it’s been 7 years since I first shared this recipe. Where does the time go? While a lot has changed in the past 7 years, this recipe hasn’t. After all, why mess with perfection?
This what I originally wrote about these Copycat Payday Candy Bars back in 2011:
I got this recipe years ago from my dear friend Pam. I recently found it while rummaging through my recipe file looking for something else. I’m so glad I noticed this recipe peeking out at me because this one truly tastes like the original Payday candy bar. If you’re a nut lover (like me), you’ll love this one, and it will become a family favorite.
And here is one of the original photos:
Back in 2011 if you would have told me I’d be producing my own food videos, and that I’d have my own Kudos Kitchen food video channel on YouTube I would have literally laughed out loud. Fast forward 7 years to today, and I’m doing just that, and having a whole lot of fun in the process!
Here I am in my Kudos Kitchen whipping up a batch of Copycat Payday Candy Bars. I hope you enjoy this fast and fun video! While I may look serious in this video still, trust me, this really is a fast and fun video… honest! To subscribe to my Kudos Kitchen YouTube channel, please click HERE. 🙂
- 2 jars large Dry Roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with baking spray.
- Add one jar of the dry roasted peanuts in an even layer in the bottom of the sprayed dish. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and peanut butter chips to the saucepan and stir well.
- Continue cooking over the medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thoroughly blended and the marshmallows and peanut butter chips have melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the salt and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Gently pour the marshmallow mix evenly over the peanut layer in the prepared pan, using a spatula to even out the marshmallow mixture if needed.
- Sprinkle the remaining dry roasted peanuts over the marshmallow mixture, pressing them lightly into the filling.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into bars, serve and enjoy!
tools and equipment:
spatula or wooden spoon
13" x 9" baking dish
So there you have it! No more waiting for payday. You can have yours whenever you like! Priceless.
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!