If you're a fan of Payday candy bars then you'll go NUTS for this fast and easy Copycat Payday Candy Bars recipe. After all, who doesn't love payday?!!
This recipe post and its contents may include affiliate links for your consideration. I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases, but your prices are never increased as a result. Thank you.
This easy-to-make candy recipe is one you'll turn to time again when you're looking for a copycat candy that tastes just like the original!
You're going to love these peanut and homemade nougat-filled candy bars!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Copycat Payday Candy Bars is available near the end of this post. OR click on the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
For delicious nuts, candy, chocolate, dried fruits, baking supplies, and gifts, Oh! Nuts is a store not to be missed!!
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large heavy-bottom saucepan or stockpot
- wooden spoon or spatula
- measuring cups and spoons
- 13" x 9" baking dish
- plastic wrap (for storing)
In all honesty:
I've had several readers write me saying that their candy didn't set properly.
While I've never had this problem with the recipe, I have gone in and altered the amount of butter from 1 stick to 4 tablespoons after doing a bit of research on this. I hope this helps going forward.
I want you, my readers, to be successful with the recipes you'll find here, and I appreciate the honest feedback and will work hard to bring you recipes you'll be proud to make and share.
How this recipe and video came to be:
This recipe for Copycat Payday Candy Bars is a redo from the original post I shared back in 2011. It's hard to believe it's been so long since I first shared this recipe. Where does the time go?
While a lot has changed in the past 7 years, this recipe has too.
Back in 2011 if you would have told me I'd be producing my own food videos, and that I'd have my own channel on YouTube, I would have literally laughed out loud.
Fast forward 7 years, and I'm doing just that, and having a whole lot of fun in the process!
How long does take to make a copycat Payday candy bar?
From start to finish, it's roughly 10-12 minutes.
However, the candy will need to be refrigerated for up to 4 hours before slicing, so please plan accordingly.
What if I'm allergic to peanuts, can I substitute another nut?
- Sure, but then it wouldn't be a copycat Payday candy bar, would it? 😉
The easy instructions:
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish liberally with baking spray.
- Layer one jar of the peanuts evenly in the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 4 T. butter over medium/low heat and stir in the peanut butter chips, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir to melt, and combine.
- Continue cooking the mixture over medium/low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mini marshmallows, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir well to completely combine so there are no streaks of marshmallow.
- Slowly pour the marshmallow mixture in an even layer over the peanuts in the baking dish.
- Top the marshmallow mix evenly with the second jar of dry roasted peanuts.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours and then carefully slice the candy into bars before serving.
For additional homemade candy recipes, please click on the following titles for:
- Double Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee (pictured below)
- Mega-Sized Peanut Butter Cup with Coconut and Pecans (pictured below)
- Tropical White Chocolate Candy Bites (pictured below)
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s Copycat Payday Candy Bars.
If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Printable Recipe Card
Copycat Payday Candy Bars Recipe
- 2 large jars 16 ounces, each jar dry roasted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with baking spray.
- Add one jar of the dry roasted peanuts in an even layer in the bottom of the sprayed dish. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium/low heat.
- Add the marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk, and peanut butter chips to the saucepan and stir well.
- Continue cooking over medium/low heat (for approximately 5 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and add the salt and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Gently pour the marshmallow mix evenly over the peanut layer in the prepared pan, using a spatula to even out the marshmallow mixture if needed.
- Sprinkle the remaining dry roasted peanuts over the marshmallow mixture, pressing them lightly into the filling.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into bars, serve and enjoy!
So there you have it! No more waiting for payday. Now you can have yours whenever you want it! Priceless. 😉
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's homemade candy recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!