Upgrade your oven roasted asparagus with this easy to make thick and Creamy Avocado Hollandaise Sauce. Your taste buds will thank you!
If you’ve never made your own hollandaise sauce before, let me be the first to tell you that it’s one of the easiest sauces you can make at home. You can either make it in a blender, on the stove top, or in a food processor as I did.
The trick to making this buttery, tangy Avocado Hollandaise Sauce thick and creamy is to temper egg yolks with a tiny bit of hot butter. By adding more hot butter, little by little, the sauce thickens in only a matter of minutes. It’s truly magical!
After making the standard hollandaise sauce, the secret to making my Creamy Avocado Hollandaise Sauce is simple. By adding ripe avocado, a splash or two of hot sauce, and finally a squeeze of fresh lime juice for a unique twist on all the other hollandaise sauce recipes out there. Dare to be different! 🙂
Please click on the video below to watch the recipe for Creamy Avocado Hollandaise Sauce Over Oven Roasted Asparagus in almost live time. If you enjoy this video, please subscribe to my Kudos Kitchen channel on YouTube. Thank you!!
To make Creamy Avocado Hollandaise Sauce over Roasted Asparagus you only need a handful of ingredients. They are asparagus, butter, eggs (yolks only), salt, pepper, fresh lime juice, ripe avocado, and hot sauce (optional).
If you have 10 minutes to spare, you’re are well on your way to treating yourself (and your family) to something special. Ready? Let’s cook!
Use a food processor to mix the egg yolks. Slowly stream in a little bit of hot butter to the egg yolks and continue to mix. Add a little more hot butter, mix, add a little more hot butter, mix, (etcetera) until all the melted butter is incorporated in the egg yolks. The sauce will become pale in color and thick.
Squeeze fresh lime juice into the sauce and add 1 ripe avocado (skin and pit removed).
Add a splash (or two) of hot sauce (optional) to the food processor. Return the cover to the processor and process until the sauce is smooth and creamy. If desired, add a touch of olive oil and process again if you’d like your creamy avocado hollandaise sauce a little looser.
Season fresh asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the asparagus in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15 minutes. Pour the creamy avocado hollandaise sauce over the roasted asparagus and serve immediately.
This creamy avocado hollandaise sauce would be a welcome addition over just about any vegetable. I think it will be especially delicious over seasonal roasted Brussels sprouts in the fall, and roasted broccoli all year round. Also, by mixing it in with a touch of buttermilk you’ve got a creamy and delicious dressing to go over the top of your favorite salad.
Of course, you can always serve this creamy avocado hollandaise sauce over eggs on top of English muffins or toast for a delicious twist on the standard eggs Benedict. Then, add the roasted asparagus to the top of the eggs and pour on some creamy avocado hollandaise sauce. Breakfast, brunch, or dinner will never be the same!
There is nothing like fresh, springtime asparagus so I’m always looking for new and delicious ways to serve it while it’s on sale in the grocery store.
Asparagus is one of my all-time favorite vegetables so you can bet I have a lot of asparagus recipes on my blog that I’ve shared over the years.
If you’re hungry for more delicious springtime asparagus recipes, please click on the tempting titles below to find tasty new recipes that will incorporate asparagus into your family meals while it is at its very peak of flavor!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Creamy Avocado Hollandaise Sauce Over Oven Roasted Asparagus.
If you enjoy this recipe and are anxious to give it a try, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars. Thank you so very much! 🙂
- FOR THE ROASTED ASPARAGUS:
- 1 pound of fresh asparagus trimmed of its woody ends.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE CREAMY AVOCADO HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons butter melted and hot
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice about 1 large lime
- 1 ripe avocado skin and pit removed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- hot sauce to taste optional
- Additional olive oil if desired to thin the sauce.
- TO MAKE THE ROASTED ASPARAGUS:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Season the asparagus with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat the asparagus with the oil.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- TO MAKE THE CREAMY AVOCADO HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- Process the egg yolks in a food processor until blended.
- Slowly add about 1 tablespoon of the hot butter to the processor and process with the egg yolks to temper the yolks.
- Slowly add more butter to the yolks, a little at a time. until all the butter has been added to the yolks and they've become thick and pale yellow in color.
- Remove the cover from the processor and squeeze in the fresh lime juice, and add the avocado.
- Season with the salt and pepper and add the hot sauce, if desired.
- Continue to process the sauce until it's thick and creamy.
- *Note - If the sauce is too thick, add additional olive oil to the processor until you've achieved your desired consistency.
- Plate the roasted asparagus and drizzle the the creamy avocado hollandaise sauce.
- Serve hot.
Tools and equipment:
food processor or blender, baking sheet, paring knife, cutting board.
*Note - If using a blender follow the exact same instructions.
I’m pleased as punch to be linking up this recipe post with Meal Plan Monday!
I’m coordinating this recipe post with one of my all-time favorite (and one of my most popular), hand painted apron designs.